PDA

View Full Version : Russia cyber attacks are 'major threat,' Congress probe hears

Cuyahoga Chuck
01-05-2017, 01:50 PM
It's amazing how much sand Trump will kick up just because his pride took a hit.

http://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/05/russia-cyber-attacks-are-major-threat-congress-probe-hears/21648476/ (http://www.aol.com/article/news/2017/01/05/russia-cyber-attacks-are-major-threat-congress-probe-hears/21648476/)

CWSmith
01-05-2017, 01:51 PM
I hope the adults are listening.

skuthorp
01-05-2017, 02:53 PM
So if the evidence, and I mean verifiable evidence, says that the election was in part at least 'fixed' what then?
I presume a President elected under such circumstances can just ignore it or not at his pleasure.

TomF
01-05-2017, 03:06 PM
There are no prescribed reactions. It would be hard to believe that any President would voluntarily step aside and call another vote. It is particularly unimaginable this time out.

Dan McCosh
01-05-2017, 03:16 PM
So if the evidence, and I mean verifiable evidence, says that the election was in part at least 'fixed' what then?
I presume a President elected under such circumstances can just ignore it or not at his pleasure. The person who implied that the election was "fixed" was Trump, who kept insisting that the vote count was wrong even after the election. He is unlikely to do anything about his beliefs. That the Russians attempted to influence the election, hacking and distributing information, is quite different. How effective it was can't be quantified, and there were many other factors "influencing" the election--notably the campaigns of the two candidates--that the concept is meaningless. This is more like Watergate--an illegal move to acquire private information. That it was done by a foreign government is well worth an investigation and a response.

mariner2k
01-06-2017, 05:26 PM
This can't be true he must have thought they meant Fiber Attack

LeeG
01-06-2017, 06:32 PM
“They got beaten very badly in the election. I won more counties in the election than Ronald Reagan,” Mr. Trump said during an eight-minute telephone conversation. “They are very embarrassed about it. To some extent, it’s a witch hunt. They just focus on this.”

Losers

johnw
01-06-2017, 06:44 PM
“They got beaten very badly in the election. I won more counties in the election than Ronald Reagan,” Mr. Trump said during an eight-minute telephone conversation. “They are very embarrassed about it. To some extent, it’s a witch hunt. They just focus on this.”

Losers

Great. Now we have a president-elect who is so innumerate, he can't tell that 2,783 (counties won by Reagan) is bigger than 2,623 (counties Trump won.)