PDA

View Full Version : Guy Humour

Dave Hadfield
01-04-2017, 10:25 AM
Frank and Dianne were in a local shopping center just before Christmas.

Dianne suddenly noticed that Frank was missing, and as they had a lot to do, she called him on his cell phone. Dianne asked, "Frank, where are you? You know that we have lots to do."

Frank said, "Do you remember the jewelry store we went into about 10 years ago, and you fell in love with a diamond necklace? I could not afford it at the time, and I said that one day I would get it for you."

Little tears started to flow down Dianne's cheek, and she got all choked up. "Yes, I do remember that shop," she replied.

"Well, I'm in the Hooters right next to it."

amish rob
01-04-2017, 10:32 AM
Once, when we only had the Oldest two kids, we were out of town, and I had charge of the kids. I needed to change one, and go to the restroom myself, and the only place around was a Hooters. I felt obligated to buy something, so we got some wings.
At one point I noticed we were surrounded by waitresses. They kept doing walk bys, stopping to chat, hovering on the periphery. I felt super cool, until I noticed they were all googoo over the little kids. Ha!
The kids still think it's the greatest place ever. The ladies working there DID treat the kids like royalty.

I still laugh every time I pass one of those places.

Peace,
Robert

Norman Bernstein
01-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Never been to a Hooter's, myself...

I HAVE gotten my coffee, though, at a small local chain of coffee shops on the South Shore of the Boston area, called 'Mary Lou's Coffee'..... their shops are distinct for two things: a purple color scheme to the buildings and even the painting of the lines in the parking lot.... and the servers, who are all young pretty women in VERY tight T-shirts :)

David G
01-04-2017, 01:00 PM
Never been to a Hooter's, myself...

I HAVE gotten my coffee, though, at a small local chain of coffee shops on the South Shore of the Boston area, called 'Mary Lou's Coffee'..... their shops are distinct for two things: a purple color scheme to the buildings and even the painting of the lines in the parking lot.... and the servers, who are all young pretty women in VERY tight T-shirts :)

Around here, there are a number of 'bikini barista' coffee shacks. Got coffee at one by chance just the other day. There was a topless one for a while. Don't know if they're still around. I'm beginning to think that sex sells...

CWSmith
01-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Around here, there are a number of 'bikini barista' coffee shacks. Got coffee at one by chance just the other day. There was a topless one for a while. Don't know if they're still around. I'm beginning to think that sex sells...

I believe that Maine had a topless doughnut shop until it mysteriously burned to the ground (and every wife in the area had a perfectly good alibi).

George Jung
01-04-2017, 01:44 PM
Norman, you old dog!

https://youtu.be/iZs__0NnXvs

Jim Bow
01-05-2017, 12:32 AM
Yeah, but is the coffee any good?

The Bigfella
01-05-2017, 12:36 AM
Yeah, but is the coffee any good?

Dunno... but the staff sure are fat. Does that say something about the food?

Garret
01-05-2017, 08:14 AM
Dunno... but the staff sure are fat. Does that say something about the food?

I wouldn't say they're fat, but anyway - you are expecting health food in a coffee & doughnuts place? Really?

Norman Bernstein
01-05-2017, 08:21 AM
Norman, you old dog!

https://youtu.be/iZs__0NnXvs

Wow, George, I never knew they actually had video ads!

The chain has 39 stores, but the closest ones to me are somewhat east of my general area, and I rarely ever get that far east... so I was unaware of them until I joined with two friends in the Datafetch start-up; they both live in 'Mary Lou' country.

As far as the coffee itself is concerned... it's fine, sort of like Dunkin' Donuts. I'm not any kind of coffee snob, and I never go to Starbucks (too bitter for me, and ridiculously expensive).

Rich Jones
01-05-2017, 09:12 AM
In my youth, I went to a bar in Old Orchard Beach, Maine. The waitresses wore bikini bottoms and were topless. Nice to look at, but something was lost when you realized they were running around like crazy, obviously overworked, boobs bouncing around as they were just trying to make a living. Sorry to be a kill-joy.

The Bigfella
01-05-2017, 03:04 PM
https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/15726287_1687860944573169_4834792650803667091_n.jp g?oh=5dad7a22fc3414f0a704d2595e674b97&oe=58F2151D