Do you think Trump can win over some skeptics in the next few years?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • genglandoh
    • Dec 2010

Do you think Trump can win over some skeptics in the next few years?

Even before Trump has taken office some good things are happening.

Do you think if Trump continues to do good things for America that some of his skeptics with become supporters?
    "The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do." Captain Jack Sparrow
  • oznabrag
    Historical Illiterate
    • Nov 2008

Re: Do you think Trump can win over some skeptics in the next few years?

He'd best concentrate on winning over a few juries.
    Rattling the teacups.

Comment

• TomF
      Recalcitrant Heretic
      • Jun 2003

I think it as likely that he'd lose your support, geng.
      If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• Bob Adams
        • Sep 2000

What's the use in speculation? All we can do is hope and pray that it isn't the disaster many are expecting.
        You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
        Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• Arizona Bay
          Molecules of Freedom
          • Feb 2011

I believe he has a way to go to even reach skepticality.
          Greg H. - from before the great crash, 20th century member 108

"(T)he Republican Party no longer recognizes the legitimacy of any opposition."

Comment

• StevenBauer
            LPBC member
            • Jan 2000

What good things? Seems like all bad things so far.

Comment

• genglandoh
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by StevenBauer
              What good things? Seems like all bad things so far.
              You must have missed a few good things that have happened since the election.

1. Dems and the media were saying the Trump would have problems picking a cabinet before he takes over.
              Well his is ahead of schedule compare with past presidents.
              Yes I do have a little concern about the cabinet being full of business leaders but individually they seem like good picks.
              2. Trump has worked with Carrier and others to help save some US jobs.
              3. Trump has explained to Boeing that the cost of the new air force one is too high and has to come down.
              Saving the US tax payers millions
              4. Trump has explained to Lockheed that the cost of the F-35 is too high and he may go out for competitive bids.
              Competition is good and will help keep the cost down.
              5. Obama tries to bate Putin into a tit-for-tat exchange.
              Putin was smart enough to not get drawn into it.
              6. The stock market made an nice rally after the election.
              7. Ford Motor Company decided to invest in the US and not into Mexico
              8. Trump stopped the Reps from changing the Office of Congressional Ethics
              "The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do." Captain Jack Sparrow

Comment

• SKIP KILPATRICK
                • Jan 2013

Congratulations Geng!

You are our first winner for 2017!

[IMG]4417728a5fe9ad834fe2168572b40a05 by Skip Kilpatrick, on Flickr[/IMG]
                Skip

---This post is delivered with righteous passion and with a solemn southern directness --
                ...........fighting against the deliberate polarization of politics...

Comment

• genglandoh
                  • Dec 2010

Originally posted by TomF
                  I think it as likely that he'd lose your support, geng.
                  If Trump does things that I think are wrong, then you are right he will lose my support.

Comment

• TomF
                    Recalcitrant Heretic
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by genglandoh
                    If Trump does things that I think are wrong, then you are right he will lose my support.
                    I won't hold my breath.
                    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• Steve McMahon
                      Senior Dis-Member
                      • Nov 2000

There are skeptics? I'll be darned, who knew?
                      Stay calm, be brave....wait for the signs. Possibly precariously prevaricating.

Comment

• ahp
                        • Jan 2001

Some liberal skeptics may become converted. Some enthusiastic Trump supporters will be disappointed, maybe very disappointed.

Comment

• Ian McColgin
                          • Apr 1999

There are some who remain skeptical that Trump will be as insane, as ignorant, as corrupt, and as petty as his tweets show him to be. I think many of them will be won over to understanding that Trump, in his transcendent honesty, is every bit as bad as he presents himself. By "transcendent honesty" I mean that while almost everything he says or tweets is untrue, at the meta-level he shows himself exactly as he is.

Comment

• paulf
                            • Jan 2012

If he explodes, he will have won me over. As long as no one else is involved.

Who posted his interview in 1998 where he said if he ever he would run for prez he would run as a republican because they were the stupidest voters...that was Borowitz right, not real trump talk, right??

Nope snopes says its bull.
                            Donald Trump purportedly said that Republicans are the dumbest group of voters in a 1998 'People' magazine interview.
                            Last edited by paulf; 01-03-2017, 07:31 PM.
                            PaulF

Comment

• oznabrag
                              Historical Illiterate
                              • Nov 2008

Originally posted by paulf
                              If he explodes, he will have won me over. As long as no one else is involved.

Who posted his interview in 1998 where he said if he ever he would run for prez he would run as a republican because they were the stupidest voters...that was Borowitz right, not real trump talk, right??

Nope snopes says its bull.
                              http://www.snopes.com/1998-trump-people-quote/
                              Might as well be true.
                              Rattling the teacups.

Comment

Working...