PDA

View Full Version : Michigan's Republican Governor Wins Intl. Reward

David G
01-01-2017, 09:43 PM
The World’s 19 Most Disappointing Leaders

http://fortune.com/2016/03/30/most-disappointing-leaders/

Don’t Blame Me, I’m Just The Governor Award
Rick Snyder, Governor of Michigan

Snyder and his team sparked national outrage after an attempt at cost-savings left the impoverished city of Flint, Mich. with a lead-tainted water supply that is being blamed for illness and brain damage, especially among its youngest residents. Called to testify before Congress, Snyder, who touted his competence in his gubernatorial campaign, labeled the experience the “most humbling” of his life—then attempted to shift blame. He described it as a “failure of government” and blasted the Environmental Protection Agency for its “dumb and dangerous” rules on allowable amounts of lead in water systems. Also read: Flint Water Crisis Highlights Problems in Emergency Management Laws (http://fortune.com/flint-water-crisis/)

CWSmith
01-01-2017, 09:47 PM
First on the list and in some pretty awful company!

I'll say it again - the people of Michigan voted him in. The pain will continue until they vote better.

David G
01-02-2017, 11:03 AM
It's nice when a deserving fellow gets some recognition.

Paul Pless
01-02-2017, 11:12 AM
dude's a piece of ****
he just offered some trump some valuable advice this morning, "listen to your government public sector employees, these people are dedicated to public service" sounds like really good advice, wonder why he never did so himself. . .

Norman Bernstein
01-02-2017, 11:40 AM
dude's a piece of ****
he just offered some trump some valuable advice this morning, "listen to your government public sector employees, these people are dedicated to public service" sounds like really good advice, wonder why he never did so himself. . .

Ya think Trump will take the advice? :):):)

David G
01-02-2017, 02:59 PM
Ya think Trump will take the advice? :):):)

Do you think he will take his own advice?

skuthorp
01-02-2017, 03:00 PM
I dispute the word ''leader'' in the thread title.

Dan McCosh
01-02-2017, 03:04 PM
dude's a piece of ****
he just offered some trump some valuable advice this morning, "listen to your government public sector employees, these people are dedicated to public service" sounds like really good advice, wonder why he never did so himself. . . I thought he blamed the mess on his employes.

David G
01-02-2017, 03:05 PM
I dispute the word ''leader'' in the thread title.

???

skuthorp
01-02-2017, 03:06 PM
Well, firs line of the OP ED. then......

David G
01-02-2017, 03:08 PM
Well, firs line of the OP ED. then......

Gotcha. Agreed.

John Smith
01-02-2017, 03:22 PM
Even if they wise up and vote in Democrats, the problems won't disappear the day after the election. But, at least the state will start moving in the proper direction.