PDA

View Full Version : Director of Policy Edict #4

elf
12-31-2016, 08:05 AM
Stop feeding the trolls. Norman. Graybeal. Geng.

Just stop.

Get a life. Get outta here. Learn a new skill. Pay attention to the people in your life who would like your attention. Go upstairs and read an interesting thread. Work on your boats, your home. Play with your spouse. Learn to cook, finish the bathroom, take care of your health, put some creative effort into your work, learn to play a musical instrument, write poems/stories/plays.

Stop feeding the trolls - all of them, both sides.

Paul Pless
12-31-2016, 08:07 AM
Stop feeding the trolls. Norman. Graybeal. Geng.ouch

Ian McColgin
12-31-2016, 10:19 AM
Sometimes the distinction between respecting a fellow Forum member enough to essay a response versus feeding a troll is more in the reader's mind than the writer's word.

TomF
12-31-2016, 10:24 AM
Don't issue an unenforceable edict. Brings the notion of policy into disrepute.

Alternatively, maybe this is the Matrix. There is no spoon.

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
12-31-2016, 10:40 AM
Just stop.

Get a life. Get outta here. Learn a new skill. Pay attention to the people in your life who would like your attention...

I did that for several years. It didn't help.

David G
12-31-2016, 12:21 PM
I did that for several years. It didn't help.

Yes... but she does have a point.

oznabrag
12-31-2016, 12:40 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ms. elf for her undaunted perseverance in the attempt to bring some semblance of order out of this chaos.

I consider her to be a very, very kind soul.

amish rob
12-31-2016, 12:47 PM
If you're going to learn an instrument, maybe make it something to fit into my bluegrass/Americana busking band.
Then, if we ever meet in real life, we can busk for party funds!

I play uke, guitar, and banjo. You pick something else.;)

Peace,
Robert

Spin_Drift
12-31-2016, 12:54 PM
I would like to take this opportunity to thank Ms. elf for her undaunted perseverance in the attempt to bring some semblance of order out of this chaos.

I consider her to be a very, very kind soul.

Ditto! +100

bob winter
12-31-2016, 01:37 PM
Stop feeding the trolls. Norman. Graybeal. Geng.

Just stop.

Get a life. Get outta here. Learn a new skill. Pay attention to the people in your life who would like your attention. Go upstairs and read an interesting thread. Work on your boats, your home. Play with your spouse. Learn to cook, finish the bathroom, take care of your health, put some creative effort into your work, learn to play a musical instrument, write poems/stories/plays.

Stop feeding the trolls - all of them, both sides.

This requires clarification. Are the above names trolls or are they feeding the trolls?

David G
12-31-2016, 02:09 PM
This requires clarification. Are the above names trolls or are they feeding the trolls?

Don't be silly. The obvious answer is: yes.

Ian McColgin
12-31-2016, 02:39 PM
One may safely assume that trolls are incorrigible. That's the whole point of being a troll. Thus one can only address the good advice - stop feeding them - to people who are not trolls but are being sucked into the troll's circular delusions.

Canoez
12-31-2016, 02:41 PM
Alternatively, maybe this is the Matrix. There is no spoon.

Be the spoon.

amish rob
12-31-2016, 02:42 PM
Haha! The Bell Trolls for Thee!

Peace,
Robert

elf
12-31-2016, 03:21 PM
Both, today.

johnw
12-31-2016, 03:30 PM
If you're going to learn an instrument, maybe make it something to fit into my bluegrass/Americana busking band.
Then, if we ever meet in real life, we can busk for party funds!

I play uke, guitar, and banjo. You pick something else.;)

Peace,
Robert

I still haven't mastered the kazoo.

amish rob
12-31-2016, 03:48 PM
:d

Peace,
Robert

CWSmith
12-31-2016, 03:53 PM
Stop feeding the trolls.

I agree 100%. It's not in my nature to ignore people, but I can't take the foolishness any longer.

Vince Brennan
12-31-2016, 05:21 PM
Be the spoon.

Naaahh... Be The Ball...