PDA

View Full Version : Total disconnect

George Jung
12-21-2016, 03:35 PM
Those on 'the left' often find ourselves exasperated by the seeming 'disconnect' our RWW brethren seemingly have dealing with facts/life. It's right there, in front of them; yet, they don't see/make the connection/connect the dots.

Today I had a poster-board moment with such a guy - both he and his wife in, for illness; both on disability, plus ACA mandated, supplemented insurance; both Trump supporters. Had a perfectly civil discussion (got a bit loud - sorry 'bout that), but no meeting of the minds.

Why support Trump? Clinton (and Obama) were going to take his guns. 'Did that happen?' 'Not yet'.

Obamacare 'is a disaster'. Didn't 'recognize' rate increases before Obamacare; didn't care that their myriad, expensive, multiple health problems wouldn't be covered before the ACA - were mildly concerned they might lose coverage, with rescinding of the ACA, but would only offer that, if that happens, 'we're all screwed'. Certainly not the fault of Trump/Republicans, and refused to acknowledge any benefit from Obamacare.

In short, you can't have a conversation with a True Believer. And reality is not going to register, at least not, true.

John of Phoenix
12-21-2016, 03:39 PM
In short, you can't have a conversation with a True Believer. And reality is not going to register, at least not, true."We create our own reality."

Norman Bernstein
12-21-2016, 03:44 PM
- were mildly concerned they might lose coverage, with rescinding of the ACA, but would only offer that, if that happens, 'we're all screwed'.

I wonder if they think that, when saying 'we're all screwed', they find this comforting somehow?

delecta
12-21-2016, 03:44 PM
The same threads day after day, grasp the concept, the left is dead in this country for the foreseeable future.

You created this reality, learn to live with it.

Arizona Bay
12-21-2016, 03:47 PM
Talk about disconnected...:rolleyes:

From Mr Fish... has a forbidden word, so here's a link.
http://www.clowncrack.com/2016/12/05/good-news-ii/

CWSmith
12-21-2016, 03:53 PM
I was speaking with a friend Monday night who is self-employed. She said that Obamacare cut her medical bills to a fraction of what they had been. She loved it.

The right wing has been taught what to think, not how to think. They go from "Obama and Clinton are a disaster!" to "They are all awful, so what's the point?" whenever they are confronted with reality. They are lost to reason.

Too Little Time
12-21-2016, 04:12 PM
In short, you can't have a conversation with a True Believer. And reality is not going to register, at least not, true.
I am sure he walked away from you with the same feelings.

I will ask again: Why does the ACA have deductibles and copays for the poor? A lot of them cannot afford even that part of their care. Why does the ACA not provide lost income insurance for the poor? That is a big economic cost for the poor. Why do we not provide free food and shelter for the poor?

One reason is that the rich don't suffer much from lack of food, shelter, or regular income. But they are entitled to health insurance (as opposed to health care). And they will get it even if they need to force it on the poor.

I do agree about the different reality.

Glen Longino
12-21-2016, 04:21 PM
The same threads day after day, grasp the concept, the left is dead in this country for the foreseeable future.

Nope! You and your ilk created this reality! You live with it!
You elected a lunatic for POTUS, live with it!:D

Joe (SoCal)
12-21-2016, 04:24 PM
Wife and I just got under the wire for Covered California. After deductions we got a silver plan for the two of us for an unbelievable price. Prior to the ACA / Obamacare health coverage for small mom and pop buisness like ours was UNAFFORDABLE or non-existent. Our coverage starts Jan 1.

I've all but given up talking to true believers, they basically regurgitate talking points, and stump speeches.

Make America Great Again
Lock Her up
Drain the swamp
Build a wall
Repeal Obamacare

When or if you try to say "hey explain your positions, I would realy like to have an open discussion about the real issues." they just circle back to the talking points.

I'm at the point now were I nod and smile and walk away. Living in NY for most of my 50 years I KNOW "The Donald" as we used to call him. I know whats going to happen with all those stump promesses. I know how he's gonna screw the pooch.

Truth Trump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BB38DvTV5kc

John of Phoenix
12-21-2016, 04:25 PM
Look at this! A red can't figure out why the government doesn't provide for the poor?

:D LMAO :D

George Jung
12-21-2016, 04:46 PM
Oh yeah. And I forgot the most remarkable - 'Can't stand the Clintons - all those people they murdered'. That 'discussion' went nowhere, as well.

Yeah. Not worth spit, having those 'discussions'.

Too Little Time
12-21-2016, 08:48 PM
The right wing has been taught what to think, not how to think. They are lost to reason.
Compared to prior to the recession the net wealth of the top 50% has increased by 50%. It is fair to say their annual income from their wealth has increased by 50%.

Compared to prior to the recession the bottom 50% have regained their jobs. Their income has stayed pretty much the same. They have only lost their income from times of unemployment. They have the ACA. Why would they ever be unhappy after 8 years of a Democratic president?

Life looks a lot different for those at the top and those at the bottom.

Gerarddm
12-21-2016, 09:00 PM
" Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind's made up. "

Moronosity is contagious and has evidently spread.

PeterSibley
12-21-2016, 09:29 PM

Trumpism has become a religion.

Canoeyawl
12-21-2016, 09:43 PM
He is going to replace Ray gun as the red idol...

Edit;
I'm wondering when Donald's senility will set in and Melanoma will be calling the shots...