PDA

View Full Version : Quote of the Day

Norman Bernstein
12-21-2016, 10:10 AM
Fulfilling my appointed duty as Keeper of the Daily Quote.... and this one is QUITE remarkable; it establishes an interesting legal theory. Can't wait to hear the defenses proposed by our right wing bilgerats:

“The Constitution gives the president of the United States an extraordinarily wide grant of authority to use the power of the pardon. I’m not saying he should. I’m not saying he will. It also allows a president in a national security moment to say to somebody, go do X even if it’s technically against the law and here’s your pardon because I am ordering you as commander-in-chief to go do this.”

— Newt Gingrich, in an interview with NPR (http://www.npr.org/2016/12/21/506378085/gingrich-says-trump-must-address-business-conflicts-soon-urges-monitors).

George Jung
12-21-2016, 10:11 AM
Yep, that guy is a jewel. As is his 'party'.

Of course, once they've established 'precedent', all that follow can do the same.

oznabrag
12-21-2016, 10:14 AM
It's a good thing Trump has a compliant and complicit rogue's gallery of a Congress.

He will steal everything that is not nailed down.

I can imagine that he will establish a Trump Estate of several million acres somewhere out West.

Soon enough, one or several of our National Seashores will become Trump Resorts.

What a miserable pig.

Osborne Russell
12-21-2016, 10:21 AM
Typical Republican ignorant fathead. Speaker of the House.

It makes the President and his stooge both criminals. Like Nixon, remember, numbnuts?

Reds love power which is why they love to say things like "I am ordering you as commander-in-chief". They think it's the essential principle of the Constitution. The rest of it is merely "technical".

They want a dictator. Trump wants to be one. They made him President.

CWSmith
12-21-2016, 10:51 AM
It doesn't protect the President from ordering an illegal act.

Gerarddm
12-21-2016, 10:59 AM
To the Deplorables it's like manna.

John of Phoenix
12-21-2016, 11:16 AM
We shot straight through the post-truth era right into the post-morality era.