PDA

View Full Version : Post Truth Presidency

Ian McColgin
12-19-2016, 08:06 PM
"Today marks a historic electoral landslide victory in our nationís democracy. I thank the American people for their overwhelming vote to elect me as their next President of the United States."
- Donald Trump, 19 December 2016

Some people are complaining that these two sentences are false. But perhaps by "landslide" he does not mean overwhelming voter approval but rather has in mind the metaphor of a destructive pile of rocks rushing downhill. And perhaps by "overwhelming vote" . . . ah nuts. No spin I can give this one that turns the falsehood into truth.

Durnik
12-19-2016, 09:19 PM
no, no, let me finish - we are overwhelmed by the vote by & for the wave of bigotry, idiocy, & evil that now destroys our once great country.

you're correct.. it's a far stretch..

Gerarddm
12-19-2016, 09:22 PM
What pap and crap.

Remember: nearly every word he says is a lie.

Ian McColgin
12-19-2016, 09:26 PM
Trump is in a sense grasping for accuracy with the term "electoral landslide". Not quite saying that he lost the popular vote but at least not claiming that he won. I'd not call being in the bottom quarter of electoral college margins of victory a landslide.

Rich Jones
12-19-2016, 09:34 PM
Popularity of recent President-Elects:

George W. Bush 57%
Barack Obama 66%
DT 40%

DT is nothing but a punk.

Durnik
12-19-2016, 10:16 PM
DT is nothing but a punk.

I wonder if he knows it?

I wonder if he knows he was selected to do somebody else's bidding?

At least 'W' knew he was a puppet.

Doesn't matter. The greatest harm will come from the bigots haven been given license to destroy. The ride will be more than bumpy.