PDA

View Full Version : At this stage of the game

John Smith
12-18-2016, 07:51 AM
President Clinton was still president, but his term was almost up. He learned who attacked the Cole and gave that information, along with some suggested responses, to G.W. who was about to be president.

That made sense to me, as G.W. would have to live with the consequences of his response.

Paul Pless
12-18-2016, 08:32 AM
President Clinton was still president, but his term was almost up. He learned who attacked the Cole and gave that information, along with some suggested responses, to G.W. who was about to be president.

That made sense to me, as G.W. would have to live with the consequences of his response.whatever

That information belonged to our national security and intelligence apparatus and would have been passed along through the national security advisor regardless of what Bill did or did not do.

besides that, Al-Qaeda immediately claimed responsibility for the attack. . .

Gerarddm
12-18-2016, 11:02 AM
Contrast that with Bush41, who invaded Somalia without so much as a head's-up just before turning over the reins to Clinton.

John Smith
12-18-2016, 08:31 PM
whatever

That information belonged to our national security and intelligence apparatus and would have been passed along through the national security advisor regardless of what Bill did or did not do.

besides that, Al-Qaeda immediately claimed responsibility for the attack. . .

Them claiming wasn't sufficient evidence. My point wasn't that the successor won't find out anyway, but the incoming president will live with the consequences of our reaction/response.

jack grebe
12-18-2016, 09:41 PM

That made sense to me, as G.W. would have to live with the consequences of his response.

He wimped out.......
The Office of the President has a responsibility, regardless of who is sitting in the chair.

BC failed that responsibility.