PDA

View Full Version : Very disappointed - so little participation

elf
12-16-2016, 11:02 PM
I thought my first edict as Chairman of Policy (or whatever it was) was a pretty neat opportunity for people who are here a great deal to show off something they do besides expound on matters political.

Unfortunately it seems like at most three or four people took advantage of that opportunity.

I'm disappointed.

oznabrag
12-16-2016, 11:03 PM
. . .

No kiddin'.

Y'all step up.

elf
12-16-2016, 11:04 PM
C'mon people. Get it together.

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?215995-Director-of-Policy-edict-1

David G
12-16-2016, 11:25 PM
I've tried a couple of times. For some reason, my flickr account doesn't want to play nice.

Keith Wilson
12-27-2016, 11:13 AM
I'll get there. Patience.

Rich Jones
12-27-2016, 11:16 AM
I posted two things on that thread, so my duty is done.

amish rob
12-27-2016, 11:16 AM
It is not the fault of the citizens, it is an obviously flawed government.:d

What? Works for the country.;)

Peace,
Robert

elf
12-27-2016, 12:07 PM
I've tried a couple of times. For some reason, my flickr account doesn't want to play nice.
Put the photos on FB and get on about it. That's a "dog ate my homework" excuse in my book.

elf
12-27-2016, 12:08 PM
I'll get there. Patience.
You only have 4 more days, you know.

Keith Wilson
12-27-2016, 12:09 PM
Done. Look here. (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?216986-We-hear-and-obey-oh-gracious-and-exalted-lady) We hear and obey, oh gracious and exalted Lady.

ron ll
12-27-2016, 12:23 PM
The rules were too tight. I had to break the number of post rules to post mine and then got grief for it when someone complained that I didn't have enough posts. But the rats who did have over three trillions posts didn't seem to bother with it. :)

bobbys
12-27-2016, 12:29 PM
sorry , cannot post anything like pics here.

Even if I could I would be afraid some would use it again me.

my wife still thinks I had a fling with Angilina Jolie .

elf
12-27-2016, 12:33 PM
The rules were too tight. I had to break the number of post rules to post mine and then got grief for it when someone complained that I didn't have enough posts. But the rats who did have over three trillions posts didn't seem to bother with it. :)
Your turn starts today, Ron. Check it out.

Jim Ledger
12-27-2016, 12:35 PM
If I knew that you could post a picture of a pile of wood for the "before" shot I'd have probably been able to dig something up. Or is that Keith Wilson just bending the rules?

A little clarification might be in order.

'Coz if you can I'll go whip something up right now, Em.

elf
12-27-2016, 12:38 PM
If before is a pile of wood (altho that seems like waaaay before to me), then that's what is there. If the plans or the book which caused the dreaming or the photo which inspired the whole project are available I'd think that would be great. But you have to be in the second group, as this Edict was for people with more than 15000 posts.

ron ll
12-27-2016, 12:39 PM
Your turn starts today, Ron. Check it out.

Too late, already did it, got a sticky.

Jim Ledger
12-27-2016, 01:08 PM
If before is a pile of wood (altho that seems like waaaay before to me), then that's what is there. If the plans or the book which caused the dreaming or the photo which inspired the whole project are available I'd think that would be great. But you have to be in the second group, as this Edict was for people with more than 15000 posts.

I'm disqualified for insufficient Forum participation?

Okay.

elf
12-27-2016, 01:10 PM
No, you're in Edict #2, Jim.

amish rob
12-27-2016, 01:11 PM
Jim,
Please feel free to post any of your beautiful work. I will click on ANY thread you post work on.
You make nice stuff, sir. :)

Peace,
Robert

TomF
12-27-2016, 02:44 PM
Elf, for a bunch of reasons, there is precious little before/after to show. I have less of it photographed, and less yet available to post from BlackBerry.

Non participation isn't meant as a slight, just the way reality in my household works. Not so much pleasure, after all, in showing a renovated bathroom, wallpaper in a den, or a painted exterior side to the house.

oznabrag
12-27-2016, 03:06 PM
Elf, for a bunch of reasons, there is precious little before/after to show. I have less of it photographed, and less yet available to post from BlackBerry.

Non participation isn't meant as a slight, just the way reality in my household works. Not so much pleasure, after all, in showing a renovated bathroom, wallpaper in a den, or a painted exterior side to the house.

Excuses, excuses!

:D

Actually, Tom, I have a great deal of respect for the craftiness you bring to us through your writings, here.

If I say Merry Christmas, am just a few days late, or 360-odd days early?

Merry Christmas!

David G
12-27-2016, 03:08 PM
Put the photos on FB and get on about it. That's a "dog ate my homework" excuse in my book.

Cat people... what do THEY know. The dog actually did eat my homework once. Another time, he drug the whole notebook into the back yard and buried it. Everyone's a bloody critic!!! <G>

David G
12-27-2016, 03:10 PM
I'm disqualified for insufficient Forum participation?

Okay.

And for oh-so-many other reasons. See T for details <G>

Chip-skiff
12-27-2016, 06:42 PM
You made the rules. I had too few posts for the first and too many for the second (or vice-versa).

Besides, an edict (same root as dictator) is a stern command from a pope, military governor, et al.

As an anarchist werewolf, I have a bone-deep resistance to obeying edicts. Invitations and requests are different.

elf
12-27-2016, 06:45 PM
You're in a great position then to comply with edict #3.

If I can, you can!

Concordia...41
12-27-2016, 06:54 PM
Maybe folks are out doing good things and staying off the computer ;~)

Garret
12-27-2016, 07:17 PM
I want to state, for the record, that I got my before & after up before I saw this thread! Only by an hour or 2, but before!

:p

paulf
12-27-2016, 07:20 PM
No, we are waiting for Mr Ledger, (like Mr John Daniels) To do anything. I find inspiration in all of this guys work!