PDA

View Full Version : Watching Obama trying to justify the White House inaction regarding Russian hacking

PatCassidy
12-16-2016, 03:07 PM
is just pathetic. Somehow just telling the Russians and the Chinese to "stop it" does not make me feel better about it. In fact he sounds like an idiot now claiming that the election went off without a hitch. Talk about denial. Apparently the Russians are now being put on double-secret probation.

It this was his attempt to put a positive spin on it - it did not work.

Gerarddm
12-16-2016, 03:12 PM
? Uh, as usual, regressives have very selective filters through which they process information.

He said there would be consequences, and he sure isn't going to tell YOU what they are. So you can take your 'inaction' and apply it to Drumpf, because he damn sure wouldn't do a thing to Putin.

Norman Bernstein
12-16-2016, 03:13 PM
That's not the whole story.

President Barack Obama (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/barack-obama) on Thursday called for retaliation against Russia (http://www.npr.org/2016/12/15/505775550/obama-on-russian-hacking-we-need-to-take-action-and-we-will) for the hacking of Democratic National Committee emails that federal authorities believe was meant to sway the presidential election (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/russian-hacking-trump_us_584d7403e4b04c8e2bb04591) in President-elect Donald Trump (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/news/donald-trump)’s favor.

“I think there is no doubt that when any foreign government tries to impact the integrity of our elections ... we need to take action,” Obama said in an interview with NPR, to be broadcast Friday (http://www.npr.org/2016/12/15/505775550/obama-on-russian-hacking-we-need-to-take-action-and-we-will). “And we will, at a time and place of our own choosing. Some of it may be explicit and publicized; some of it may not be.”

Obama last met with Russian President Vladimir Putin at the G-20 summit in September to discuss the cyberattacks.

“He is well aware of my feelings, because I spoke to him directly about it,” he said.

SKIP KILPATRICK
12-16-2016, 03:20 PM
Groucho, how would you deal with the Russian?

To War! To War! Freedonia is going to war!

https://cf.geekdo-images.com/images/pic1247584.jpg

https://s2-ssl.dmcdn.net/QMIUj.jpg

skuthorp
12-16-2016, 03:20 PM
What's Obama going to do? Declare war? In the last few days of his term?
Any action, or inaction is already in Trump's bailiwick. You are asking the wrong question of the wrong person.

Nicholas Scheuer
12-16-2016, 03:40 PM
You should be very happy Cassidy when the immature moron replaces the adult in the White House. (i'm watching the same show you are)

oznabrag
12-16-2016, 03:42 PM
What's Obama going to do? Declare war? In the last few days of his term?
Any action, or inaction is already in Trump's bailiwick. You are asking the wrong question of the wrong person.

I don't know what O'Bama is going to do, but I'm very happy that I won't be on the receiving end.

Joe (SoCal)
12-16-2016, 03:42 PM
Watching it online now. What a see is an intelligent commander in chief that has attended more than one security briefing and knows what he's talking about.

PatCassidy
12-16-2016, 03:44 PM
? Uh, as usual, regressives have very selective filters through which they process information.

He said there would be consequences, and he sure isn't going to tell YOU what they are. So you can take your 'inaction' and apply it to Drumpf, because he damn sure wouldn't do a thing to Putin.

I voted for Clinton and Obama. And she ran a terrible campaign. And right now Obama is giving a terrible press conference.

oznabrag
12-16-2016, 03:46 PM
I voted for Clinton and Obama. And she ran a terrible campaign. And right now Obama is giving a terrible press conference.

Well, what did you expect?

Angela Merkel is now the Leader of the Free World, and the Moron King is ascendant.

AFAIAC, the man gets props for simply not going postal.

PatCassidy
12-16-2016, 03:51 PM
You should be very happy Cassidy when the immature moron replaces the adult in the White House. (i'm watching the same show you are)

Take a look at any of my past posts about the election and/or this issues. And stop the nonsense of being an internet tough guy. Its bad enough when Trumpsters do it.

Peerie Maa
12-16-2016, 04:23 PM
Obama continues to look weak in deference to seeking common ground in tough poltical pressures. As his/our enemies have proven- Obama continues to be constistant with this lame real world approach.

What would you have him do? Have more young Americans bought home in a box? What would you and Pat have Obama do?

PatCassidy
12-16-2016, 05:21 PM
I am talking about his press conference. He refused to say the Putin was involved. And this was on the heels of all of the press today that said Putin was involved. He said the election went off without a hitch. He was proud that the White House did not get involved in a way that was perceived as being partisan. He said that saving Aleppo was not something that could be done on the cheap! That was is it. He implicitly blamed the Republicans for voting for Trump because 37% praise Putin.

Right now he is being panned on MSNBC. Said he blamed the press more than Putin. Said he talked more like an anthropologist that a political leader.

Tom Montgomery
12-16-2016, 06:00 PM
The president-elect sez it never happened. How can the POTUS take action against a non-event?

Chris Smith porter maine
12-16-2016, 06:21 PM
Well Obama's presidency is about done, but we have Putin's pick to make us great again. We also have Putin's partner as secretary of state, its going to be great I tell you great. I will wait and see Obama's response before judgment.

BrianW
12-16-2016, 06:29 PM
Right now he is being panned on MSNBC. Said he blamed the press more than Putin.

Blame anyone but Hillary, that's the ticket. ;)

PatCassidy
12-16-2016, 06:31 PM
I am not gloating. Exactly the opposite. This was an opportunity to take a tough stand against Russian intrusion on our elections. Instead he want to talk about the failure of the Democrats to have an inclusive message.

Here is the MSNBC take after the conference. Is Trump Happier with Obama’s Press Conference Than Clinton?

http://www.msnbc.com/mtp-daily/watch/is-trump-happier-with-obama-s-press-conference-than-clinton-835248195649

Joe (SoCal)
12-16-2016, 06:54 PM
I agree, berry had 8 years to do something about anything, and there ain't no sense in trying to act tough all of a sudden like in the last 30 days.....His time is up .

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-nyT5V9yj5FM/TcNfMg_dJ3I/AAAAAAAAOaU/tWb5DoOBKAw/s1600/Obama_Osama+Bin+Laden+dead.jpg

Chris Smith porter maine
12-16-2016, 07:01 PM
Did you hear the rumor, that russia never hacked anything, the whole deal is about the e-mails that wiki-leaks published and it seem to be that it was a leak, not a hack but the leak was from inside the DNC in retaliation for the corruption of hillary and debbie shultz treatment of bernie sanders to begin with...

Did you hear the rumor Trump is selling Alaska back to the Russians.

Daniel Noyes
12-16-2016, 07:28 PM
I thought Obama had a very thoughtful and measured take on the DNC hack story in his press conference.

Did you hear the rumor, that russia never hacked anything, the whole deal is about the e-mails that wiki-leaks published and it seem to be that it was a leak, not a hack but the leak was from inside the DNC in retaliation for the corruption of hillary and debbie shultz treatment of bernie sanders to begin with...

rumor? as oppose to what? this whole "news story" as being reported by the press, NYT, WP, HuffPo, Rolling Stone etc... is Rumor, leaks, inuendo and Left Wing conspiracy theory. The CIA "report" has not been released, not fianalized not even finished yet and the "findings" as being reported by the Liberal Rumor Rags are in no way final and not supported or concurred by the FBI or any other offical federal agencies....

This is all at the moment a Liberal Tin Foil hat conspiracy theory aimed at discrediting the Trump win and a desperate bid to sway the votes of electoral college electors away from Trumpy.

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Mccff3cf2c0315f327129d7c576ee7c08o2&pid=15.1&P=0&w=341&h=171

oznabrag
12-16-2016, 07:45 PM
I thought Obama had a very thoughtful and measured take on the DNC hack story in his press conference.

rumor? as oppose to what? this whole "news story" as being reported by the press, NYT, WP, HuffPo, Rolling Stone etc... is Rumor, leaks, inuendo and Left Wing conspiracy theory. The CIA "report" has not been released, not fianalized not even finished yet and the "findings" as being reported by the Liberal Rumor Rags are in no way final and not supported or concurred by the FBI or any other offical federal agencies....

This is all at the moment a Liberal Tin Foil hat conspiracy theory aimed at discrediting the Trump win and a desperate bid to sway the votes of electoral college electors away from Trumpy.

Ha.

David W Pratt
12-16-2016, 08:14 PM
I am still missing how people can be so sure what happened, what it caused, and who did it, but there was nary a peep while it was happening

oznabrag
12-16-2016, 08:21 PM
I am still missing how people can be so sure what happened, what it caused, and who did it, but there was nary a peep while it was happening

There was peepage all over the place.

George Jung
12-16-2016, 08:26 PM
And we had such high hopes for ya, Pat.

But I'm curious - what is the 'correct' response, on Obama's part, against the Ruskies?

PatCassidy
12-16-2016, 08:58 PM

But I'm curious - what is the 'correct' response, on Obama's part, against the Ruskies?

I always thought Michale Moore was bit crazy - well maybe more than a bit. But now I find I agree with quite a bit. I'd have to say I am turning into a Michael Moore democrat.

As to what Obama's response today should have been was:

Regarding Oleppo - I could not get the support of Congress to do anything over there until it was too late and then everybody suddenly claimed that they were the only ones who had been hawks when we honored are commitment under Bush 2 to get out of that part of the world.

He should have said he told Trump he was glad that he was listening to his generals because Trump does not no more than them.

He should have said the he is confident that Putin was involved in the hacking

He should have said he had serious concerns about conflicts of interest at the highest levels of the government going forward.

He should have kept his mouth shut about why he thinks the Democrats lost. With the benefit of hindsight everybody gets it. Just like Obama

He should have said that the White House F-d up by staying out of the hacking fiasco because the elections did not go off without a hitch.

He could have talked about fake news going forward and used pizzagate as an example.

He could have talked about all of us as Americans need to be concerned about going forward.

He should have had a pencil and piece of paper so he did not forget questions or points he was trying to make.

Look, there is no way I can stomach Trump as president. I lose sleep about. I will be an antagonist for the next four years or until he decides to quit - whichever comes first. But I am not going to blow sunshine up anybody's butt when Clinton or Obama say things that are frankly embarrassing or just plain dumb. He should have been challenging the new majority party and the responsibilities they now have.

skuthorp
12-16-2016, 08:58 PM

Unless someone actually attacks the US in the next few weeks then it's not his problem. All he can do is assemble information and pass it over.

Meanwhile in the Sth China sea the Philippines and Malasia have gone visiting China, and China has 'restored' Philippine fishing rights in the Spratlys. I guess we are seeing whose in charge there. Aus. is in all sorts of trouble as a China dominated east asia replaces ASEAN as the overall body. Ever heard of The Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere?

George Jung
12-16-2016, 09:07 PM
I always thought Michale Moore was bit crazy - well maybe more than a bit. But now I find I agree with quite a bit. I'd have to say I am turning into a Michael Moore democrat.

Regarding Oleppo - I could not get the support of Congress to do anything over there until it was too late and then everybody suddenly claimed that they were the only ones who had been hawks when we honored are commitment under Bush 2 to get out of that part of the world.

He should have said he told Trump he was glad that he was listening to his generals because Trump does not no more than them.

He should have said the he is confident that Putin was involved in the hacking

He should have said he had serious concerns about conflicts of interest at the highest levels of the government going forward.

He should have kept his mouth shut about why he thinks the Democrats lost. With the benefit of hindsight everybody gets it. Just like Obama

He should have said that the White House F-d up by staying out of the hacking fiasco because the elections did not go off without a hitch.

He could have talked about fake news going forward and used pizzagate as an example.

He could have talked about all of us as Americans need to be concerned about going forward.

He should have had a pencil and piece of paper so he did not forget questions or points he was trying to make.

Look, there is no way I can stomach Trump as president. I lose sleep about. I will be an antagonist for the next four years or until he decides to quit - whichever comes first. But I am not going to blow sunshine up anybody's butt when Clinton or Obama say things that are frankly embarrassing or just plain dumb. He should have been challenging the new majority party and the responsibilities they now have.

I agree with some of your points - and note that, Obama did just that. Maybe you missed it. Some of your other points - not so much - and yet, Obama addressed those concerns as well - and his reasons for those actions (or in-actions) make sense. I suspect he has a better handle on this than either of us.

Unless someone actually attacks the US in the next few weeks then it's not his problem. All he can do is assemble information and pass it over.

Meanwhile in the Sth China sea the Philippines and Malasia have gone visiting China, and China has 'restored' Philippine fishing rights in the Spratlys. I guess we are seeing whose in charge there. Aus. is in all sorts of trouble as a China dominated east asia replaces ASEAN as the overall body. Ever heard of The Greater East Asia Co-prosperity Sphere?

Agreed on the first point;did not know the remainder. That's going to be rough - for all of us.

Daniel Noyes
12-16-2016, 09:23 PM

just more Dems whining/blame shifting over loosing the election and postureing to discredit Trump and put him in a position of weakness for the upcoming Illegal Immigration/ Broken Boarders fight

oznabrag
12-16-2016, 09:26 PM
just more Dems whining/blame shifting over loosing the election and postureing to discredit Trump and put him in a position of weakness for the upcoming Illegal Immigration/ Broken Boarders fight

No illegals? No profits for Republican business men.

You've been had, Dan.

I'm sure you'll find someone who will explain how you can claim that it's all O'Bama's fault though.

Daniel Noyes
12-16-2016, 09:28 PM

Thats what Moorre thinks about Aleppo? ayeah he's off his rocker, the congress was all over Obama to do more 5 years ago... and he dragged his feet and did nothing, John Mcain has been after Obama since before the Syrian Civil war that he withdrew from Iraq in a hasty and reckless way too much too fast...

History will not look on the Obama administration favorably re Aleppo... also we already hd regieme change/arrab spring failures in Egypt/Lybia/ etc... that should have warned us supporting the Rebels encourageing civil war in Syria was a bad idea.

Daniel Noyes
12-16-2016, 09:30 PM
No illegals? No profits for Republican business men.

You've been had, Dan.

... we'll see...

Canoeyawl
12-18-2016, 01:00 AM
Taking a "tough stance" is the way Jr. handled Bin Laden... Stupid.

Obama didn't say much at all, but Bin Laden is dead.

john l
12-18-2016, 03:16 AM
loose lips sink ships!