PDA

View Full Version : So, I said to my wife....

Steve McMahon
11-27-2016, 10:51 PM
The snowblower starter is toast... She said, "stop messing around, go buy a side by side with a plow" I love this lady.

Garret
11-27-2016, 10:59 PM
Ain't it great? I just got told that maybe I need another project boat to mess with...

On the UTV - double check the plow mount setup - some are a real bear to connect & disconnect.

Shang
11-27-2016, 11:10 PM
The snowblower starter is toast... She said, "stop messing around, go buy a side by side with a plow" I love this lady.

You married well.

But you should have called me about the ATV! I just gave away a Polaris 400.
The fellow who does yard work for me thinks he can get the 400 back in service, and I don't need that one since the time I drove it up a tree and had to dive off as it flipped. The 400 and I weren't hurt too bad except for a mouth full of gravel and blood.

Jim Bow
11-28-2016, 12:10 PM
There are millions of people in this world who have no idea what a "side by side" is.

Paul Pless
11-28-2016, 12:39 PM
this! with a pto snow blower surely counts as a 'side by side'. . .

http://bright-cars.com/uploads/mercedes-benz/mercedes-benz-unimog-411/mercedes-benz-unimog-411-06.jpg

amish rob
11-28-2016, 12:42 PM

http://bright-cars.com/uploads/mercedes-benz/mercedes-benz-unimog-411/mercedes-benz-unimog-411-06.jpg
THAT is what I need around here. It's like the tiniest unimog.
Oh, and a side by side? Left side improved, right side modified, please. ;)

Peace,
Robert

Paul Pless
11-28-2016, 12:43 PM
be sure to check the option box for heated clear view screens

http://www.oocities.org/testy150/clearviewtruck.jpg

Reynard38
11-28-2016, 02:39 PM

That is seriously cool. A Haflinger sized Unimog.

jack grebe
11-28-2016, 02:43 PM

The fact that it is a Mercedes is all that counts.....

Steve McMahon
11-29-2016, 03:31 PM
Couldn't find a Mercedes... It came down to either the Honda Pioneer or the Can Am Commander XT both coming out on top technically and nearly identical in price. I just placed the order for the Can Am and pick it up the end of next week. 800CC with the full hard cab, windshield and wiper kit, and power angle plow. A totally irrational thing to do at almost $30k. What the heck, you only live once. One of the joys of living in an outport is you can drive these things on the road and in town, and there are thousands of kilometers of trails to explore.

http://www.brp.ca/off-road/side-by-side/commander/commander-xt.html

Paul Pless
11-29-2016, 03:40 PM
Sweet, especially the drive it in town and trail riding part.
Does it have a heater?

JimD
11-29-2016, 03:46 PM
I wonder if it will snow in our Cowichan Valley this winter? There's always a chance, I suppose ;)

Steve McMahon
11-29-2016, 04:10 PM
Sweet, especially the drive it in town and trail riding part.
Does it have a heater?

There is a heater option available for a thousand bucks. People I have talked to say it's not needed because the heat from the enging works it's way into the cab to keep it comfortable. They suggest a small 12V fan for defrogging the windshield is all I need. If I find out I want one I can either add the factory unit or a cheaper aftermarket unit.

Garret
11-29-2016, 04:15 PM
Nice rig! I'm jealous.

Steve McMahon
11-29-2016, 06:16 PM
Nice rig! I'm jealous.

Thanks. I figured I only live once and the mortgage is paid off.... I'm still shocked that I paid more for it than I have ever paid for a car (I get a company truck as part of my compensation)

Paul Pless
11-29-2016, 06:37 PM
There is a heater option available for a thousand bucks. People I have talked to say it's not needed because the heat from the enging works it's way into the cab to keep it comfortable. They suggest a small 12V fan for defrogging the windshield is all I need. If I find out I want one I can either add the factory unit or a cheaper aftermarket unit.

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?215758-cabin-heat&highlight=

:D

Rich Jones
11-29-2016, 07:24 PM
Couldn't find a Mercedes... It came down to either the Honda Pioneer or the Can Am Commander XT both coming out on top technically and nearly identical in price. I just placed the order for the Can Am and pick it up the end of next week. 800CC with the full hard cab, windshield and wiper kit, and power angle plow. A totally irrational thing to do at almost $30k. What the heck, you only live once. One of the joys of living in an outport is you can drive these things on the road and in town, and there are thousands of kilometers of trails to explore.

http://www.brp.ca/off-road/side-by-side/commander/commander-xt.html What?!? If I had $30,000 lying around, I'd buy nice classic wooden runabout for $29,995 and a $5 snow shovel for the wife!:D

Garret
11-29-2016, 08:37 PM
What?!? If I had $30,000 lying around, I'd buy nice classic wooden runabout for $29,995 and a $5 snow shovel for the wife!:D

Now that's what I call "Boys talkin' brave when the gals ain't around" :) I like the concept though!

Steve McMahon
11-29-2016, 09:09 PM
What?!? If I had $30,000 lying around, I'd buy nice classic wooden runabout for $29,995 and a $5 snow shovel for the wife!:D

The reality is I didn't have an extra $30k laying around, but the mortgage is paid off, we don't have any payments on anything, and the kids are all growed up. I have a nice 1950's Mahone Bay Plycraft sitting in storage in Nova Scotia that I'm bringing here in the spring. I'm talking to the same dealer I bought the Commander from about a nice quiet fuel efficient 50hp Honda outboard to fit her out. The side by Side has a front bumper mount hitch for launching her with. We have worked hard for the last 32 years and lived through a number of recessions and periods of extreme interest rates. It's time to have some fun.|:)

Rich Jones
11-30-2016, 09:06 AM
The reality is I didn't have an extra $30k laying around, but the mortgage is paid off, we don't have any payments on anything, and the kids are all growed up. I have a nice 1950's Mahone Bay Plycraft sitting in storage in Nova Scotia that I'm bringing here in the spring. I'm talking to the same dealer I bought the Commander from about a nice quiet fuel efficient 50hp Honda outboard to fit her out. The side by Side has a front bumper mount hitch for launching her with. We have worked hard for the last 32 years and lived through a number of recessions and periods of extreme interest rates. It's time to have some fun.|:) My wife and I are in the same boat as you. After 36 years of hard work, we have no mortgage, no debt of any kind, the kids are grown and self sufficient and life is good. Our 'fun' money is spent on trips here, there and everywhere about once every two years. Still... a nice classic mahogany runabout remains on my bucket list although I doubt I'll ever can sneak it past her!:)

Garret
11-30-2016, 09:32 AM
My wife and I are in the same boat as you. After 36 years of hard work, we have no mortgage, no debt of any kind, the kids are grown and self sufficient and life is good. Our 'fun' money is spent on trips here, there and everywhere about once every two years. Still... a nice classic mahogany runabout remains on my bucket list although I doubt I'll ever can sneak it past her!:)

Have I got a deal for you! :)

jack grebe
11-30-2016, 12:26 PM
If she said yes to a 30k toy, boy are you in trouble.........

There's gonna be an angle there somewhere.

Paul Pless
11-30-2016, 12:28 PM
If she said yes to a 30k toy, boy are you in trouble.........

There's gonna be an angle there somewhere.what i was thinking
fortunately for me, my wife and i like most of the same things, except for horses

jack grebe
11-30-2016, 12:37 PM
what i was thinking
fortunately for me, my wife and i like most of the same things, except for horses

After spending $500. this week on a sick horse, I'm beginning to not like them either.

As for toy spending, I bought a new bike in February, but that was
only 15k, and Donna is growing into it nicely........:D

I'm gonna shoot for a new bike again by this time next year, maybe a
Valkurie this time.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
11-30-2016, 12:41 PM
and cats.;)