• Dec 2009

Re: Poll: Hillary Clinton enjoys lead in early voting

Trump may take it!

Comment

• TomF
      Recalcitrant Heretic
      • Jun 2003

I've heard it argued both ways, Phillip. Will be interesting to see if there is a clear effect this time.
      If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• ron ll
        Seattle WA USA (Ballard)
        • Oct 2005

In states like mine, Washington, which have only vote by mail, are the votes counted as soon as they arrive at the poll? And if so, are those tallies made public?

Comment

• TomF
          Recalcitrant Heretic
          • Jun 2003

I doubt it. The early voting results are, anywhere I've seen them, the exit polls results. People who confirm that they have voted say how they voted.

I don't expect that it is legal anywhere to publish any actual ballot results till the polls close on election day.

Still, exit polls are typically a reliable sample.
          If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• Cuyahoga Chuck
            # 7727
            • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Upshur
            Trump may take it!
            If he does he'll need Michigan and that has been predicted to be safe for Hillary for at least a month.
            Early prognostications gave more than 200 electorals safe for Clinton with 270 possible with as few as two additional large states (there were only a couple of these) or any number of three to get to the same place. Trump , on the other hand needed at least combinations of five states to get to that number.
            Last edited by Cuyahoga Chuck; 10-31-2016, 12:42 PM.

Comment

• RonW
              Banned
              • Aug 2003

--Donald Trump is now leading in four out of eight battleground states, according to results from a series of state polls taken Sunday.

Axiom & Remington Research Group conducted the battleground state polls after the news broke on Friday that the FBI would be reopening its investigation into Hillary Clinton’s email server.

Comment

• Cuyahoga Chuck
                # 7727
                • Dec 2003

Axiom + Remington eh? Must be new kids on the block. Don't bet the butter and egg money on them.
                Your chart doesn't change anything. With the delegates already locked up by Clinton, Colorado, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Virginia should be enough additional to get her to more than 270. Trumps supposed count would require various combinations of five states minimum and some combines would need six or seven.
                Last edited by Cuyahoga Chuck; 10-31-2016, 07:59 PM.

Comment

Working...