Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • genglandoh
    • Dec 2010

Former 'Black Men for Bernie' leader now backing Trump

I am not surprised based on how Hillary has treated Bernie and how the Dems in general have treated Blacks.

Title: Former 'Black Men for Bernie' leader now backing Trump
    While many analysts dismiss Donald Trump’s chances of winning over black voters, the Republican nominee has an unlikely ally making his case -- the founder of a group that once rallied black voters for Bernie Sanders.
    Bruce Carter, who led "Black Men for Bernie," told FoxNews.com he had a change of heart after he traveled to urban communities and saw the levels of poverty in Democrat-controlled areas of the country.
    “Once I got involved, I realized that the Democratic Party was operating as if they own the country, and that was a major turn off for me,” Carter said. “I didn’t want to represent a party that saw its people in that way.”
    Carter, from Texas, has since formed “Trump for Urban Communities” – a grassroots organization he says is reaching out to black voters in big cities from Jacksonville, Fla., to Philadelphia, to Charlotte, N.C., seeking to convince first-time voters, working families and others to vote Republican in November.
    Link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ing-trump.html
    "The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do." Captain Jack Sparrow
  • leikec
    • Dec 2009

Re: Former 'Black Men for Bernie' leader now backing Trump

Wow, the tide is turning...Go Trump Go! Not.

Jeff C
    Don’t expect much, and you won’t be disappointed…

Comment

• Bobcat
      Formerly a Smallboat Guy
      • May 2007

Wow that probably doubles Trump's support in the Black community.
      What's not on a boat costs nothing, weighs nothing, and can't break

Comment

• Norman Bernstein
        Liberaltarian
        • Nov 2004

Originally posted by genglandoh
        I am not surprised based on how Hillary has treated Bernie and how the Dems in general have treated Blacks.
        Whereas, Republicans have been champions of the African American cause, right?
        "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Comment

• Cuyahoga Chuck
          # 7727
          • Dec 2003

Originally posted by genglandoh

Title: Former 'Black Men for Bernie' leader now backing Trump
          While many analysts dismiss Donald Trump’s chances of winning over black voters, the Republican nominee has an unlikely ally making his case -- the founder of a group that once rallied black voters for Bernie Sanders.
          Bruce Carter, who led "Black Men for Bernie," told FoxNews.com he had a change of heart after he traveled to urban communities and saw the levels of poverty in Democrat-controlled areas of the country.
          “Once I got involved, I realized that the Democratic Party was operating as if they own the country, and that was a major turn off for me,” Carter said. “I didn’t want to represent a party that saw its people in that way.”
          Carter, from Texas, has since formed “Trump for Urban Communities” – a grassroots organization he says is reaching out to black voters in big cities from Jacksonville, Fla., to Philadelphia, to Charlotte, N.C., seeking to convince first-time voters, working families and others to vote Republican in November.
          Link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ing-trump.html
          There is a black minister in Cleveland that is an ardent supporter of Trump.He says Trump is a personal friend, he knows Trump better than most, that Trump is a warm human being, yada,yada, yada and that the Trump we see on TV is not the REAL Donald Trump. Pretty thin soup to sustain a candidate for the US presidency.
          One thing is certain. A black person backing a proven racist presidential candidate will certainly garner a bit of celebrity.
          Last edited by Cuyahoga Chuck; 10-17-2016, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• BrianW
            not your average member
            • Nov 2002

Originally posted by Cuyahoga Chuck
            One thing is certain. A black person backing a proven racist presidential candidate will certainly garner a bit of celebrity.
            Just like claiming sexual assault will do the same.
            “Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the earth all one's lifetime.”― Mark Twain,

Comment

• Reynard38
              • Sep 2009

Originally posted by Cuyahoga Chuck
              There is a black minister in Cleveland that is an ardent supporter of Trump.He says Trump is a personal friend, he knows Trump better than most, that Trump is a warm human being, yada,yada, yada and that the Trump we see on TV is not the REAL Donald Trump. Pretty thin soup to sustain a candidate for the US presidency.
              And why do I suspect that minister and his "church" got a substantial donation from an anonymous doner.
              Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Comment

• LeeG
                • May 2002

Oh Graham, you must know one person is irrelevant with this kind of deficit on Trumps side.

Hillary Clinton is ahead of Donald Trump by double digits with just over three weeks until Election Day, according to an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll conducted entirely after the second TV debate. By contrast, Barack Obama’s margin of victory over Mitt Romney in 2012 was four points. “This poll is showing the writing on the wall,” one analyst said.

Clinton also has the advantage among African Americans (86 percent to 9 percent), non-white voters (76 percent to 16 percent) and those ages 18-34 (54 percent to 36 percent).

Comment

• Ian McColgin
                  • Apr 1999

I get a real kick out of how the right wing dumped all over this Bruce Carter, who does indeed have the peculiar history of an opportunist, when he cooked up Black Men for Bernie and now they rather promote him. So far as I can see from his record, Carter and Trump fully deserve each other.

Comment

• Canoeyawl
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by BrianW
                    Just like claiming sexual assault will do the same.
                    I'm not sure that Trump claiming sexual assaults did him much good.

Comment

Working...