10-12-2016, 04:27 PM
Really want to see this in the theater.

https://youtu.be/NzYyVj6N9y8

Garret
10-12-2016, 05:20 PM
That would be fun to see!

ron ll
10-12-2016, 06:26 PM
It's playing here at The Egyptian theater. A friend saw it last week and said it's not to be missed, and definitely on a big screen.

Ted Hoppe
10-12-2016, 06:31 PM
That would be fun to see!

Ron Howard really tried on this. It should be fun.

I miss the young mop tops who made Hard Days night and the sound track of the era.. I have it on DVD and watch it sometimes as they remind me to have youthful fun. Richard Lester was a big influence to me wanting to make films. I hope this documentary will inspire a new generation in this highly difficult era of technological and social change.

ron ll
10-13-2016, 11:20 AM
It's playing here at The Egyptian theater. A friend saw it last week and said it's not to be missed, and definitely on a big screen.

Well, I guess it used to be playing here. I went searching for it today and can't find it listed within 40 miles of Seattle. What happened? Was it pre-released here and went away until national release or something?

Norman Bernstein
10-13-2016, 11:22 AM
I'm anxious to see it, but I despise going to a theater.... I'll wait for the DVD release.

ron ll
10-13-2016, 11:25 AM
I'm anxious to see it, but I despise going to a theater.... I'll wait for the DVD release.

I think it may have already been released on DVD. Guess I missed it in the theater, altho I kind of agree with you about the theater experience.

Norman Bernstein
10-13-2016, 11:34 AM
Yes, it is out on DVD now... I'm downloading it.

Jim Mahan
10-13-2016, 11:47 AM

A week ago, we went to see Paul McCartney play the first show in the brand new Kings downtown arena. A coupla days before, we paid five bucks to stream the Ron Howard film. Then we saw the show, and then, since her brother was in town for the show, we watched the film again the next day.

This is the second rock concert I've ever been to, and it was an absolute gas and memorable. My neighbor next door, who is a big rock concert goer, had been to the first of two nights the night before and kept repeating, "Well now I've seen a Beatle. James, it was historic. An awesome concert and now I've seen a Beatle. James I can't tell you. I've seen twenty-seven Jethro Tull concerts. And now a Beatle. This is historic." The joint was stacked to the rafters with gray bearded old hippies, rocking out. Way back in April, we paid eight hundred bucks for four seats in the nosebleed of the new arena with the largest bestest jumbrtron in the league only half blocked by girders and light structures. It was worth it. Hold you hand out at arm's length and put your thumb and index finger about three eighths apart, and that is how big Paul McCartney was on stage in front of me. I waved. It was still worth it.

I cannot imagine the concert going on in the desert right now with Nobel Laureate Dylan onstage with Paul McCartney, and a bunch of others.

ron ll
10-13-2016, 02:52 PM
Yes, it is out on DVD now... I'm downloading it.

My neighborhood rental store said not until the 18th, and Netflix nor Comcast on demand have it. From where are you downloading it? Amazon Prime maybe?

The Gentleman Sawyer
10-13-2016, 09:58 PM
It's on Hulu.

Ken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Norman Bernstein
10-14-2016, 07:21 AM
My neighborhood rental store said not until the 18th, and Netflix nor Comcast on demand have it. From where are you downloading it? Amazon Prime maybe?

I have a secret source :)

I watched it last night... I enjoyed it, but wasn't nearly as impressed as some people seem to be. The amount of quality footage of the Beatles during their touring years is obviously quite minimal.... just one or two appearances worth of film with decent video and audio... the rest of the actual footage is exceptionally rough. The film was more or less a limited documentary of those years, with very little follow-up. For a documentary, it was well done... just not exceptional.

ccmanuals
10-14-2016, 09:03 AM
A week ago, we went to see Paul McCartney play the first show in the brand new Kings downtown arena. A coupla days before, we paid five bucks to stream the Ron Howard film. Then we saw the show, and then, since her brother was in town for the show, we watched the film again the next day.

This is the second rock concert I've ever been to, and it was an absolute gas and memorable. My neighbor next door, who is a big rock concert goer, had been to the first of two nights the night before and kept repeating, "Well now I've seen a Beatle. James, it was historic. An awesome concert and now I've seen a Beatle. James I can't tell you. I've seen twenty-seven Jethro Tull concerts. And now a Beatle. This is historic." The joint was stacked to the rafters with gray bearded old hippies, rocking out. Way back in April, we paid eight hundred bucks for four seats in the nosebleed of the new arena with the largest bestest jumbrtron in the league only half blocked by girders and light structures. It was worth it. Hold you hand out at arm's length and put your thumb and index finger about three eighths apart, and that is how big Paul McCartney was on stage in front of me. I waved. It was still worth it.

I cannot imagine the concert going on in the desert right now with Nobel Laureate Dylan onstage with Paul McCartney, and a bunch of others.

Jim, I hear what you are saying here. We saw McCartney and band at the first ever event at the brand new Dallas Cowboys stadium in Arlington, TX. I have been to hundreds of concerts but this was a highlight for me. The jumbo tron TV over the 50 yard line really brought the concert up close and personal.