PDA

View Full Version : The central reason Trump will lose.

Keith Wilson
10-11-2016, 09:09 PM
Women won't vote for him. Whether because of his behavior, or because he's running against the person who's probably going to be the first female president, or most likely some of both, polls show a far larger gender gap than previous elections. The average of recent polls shows Trump down 15% with women, up 5% among men. (I'm embarrassed by this, but it's true) . Nate Silver discusses it in detail here (http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-women-are-defeating-donald-trump/); worth reading IMHO.

Gerarddm
10-11-2016, 09:40 PM
Lack of self-control is why he will lose. The harder the better too.

Boater14
10-11-2016, 10:23 PM
I still contend that those of us in NY, CT, NJ and PA have seen his act for 30 years. Long before the Apprentice. I personally know two electrical contractors and a supplier he almost put of Buisness. People in flyover country actually think he's a Buisness man. I pity them as I pity the village idiot. If the poor fools had nominated John Kasich I'd be soiling my trousers now. I'm sick of the media acting like his backers have a legal bitch about the system. They're pissed because black people can sit up front in the bus. That tape on the bus didn't sink him. A lot of people just ain't that into his filth.

Canoeyawl
10-11-2016, 10:39 PM
There are a lot of Stepford Wives out there...

C. Ross
10-11-2016, 10:39 PM
People in flyover country actually think he's a Buisness man. I pity them as I pity the village idiot.

Ahem. Most of us in "flyover country" are aware he's not a "Buisness man", preferring businessmen like Kasich.

johnw
10-12-2016, 12:52 AM
Women won't vote for him. Whether because of his behavior, or because he's running against the person who's probably going to be the first female president, or most likely some of both, polls show a far larger gender gap than previous elections. The average of recent polls shows Trump down 15% with women, up 5% among men. (I'm embarrassed by this, but it's true) . Nate Silver discusses it in detail here (http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/election-update-women-are-defeating-donald-trump/); worth reading IMHO.

In a way, it's a replay of Rick Lazio, a much better man who didn't understand that being macho and trying to dominate a woman looks really bad to women. What had been a close race became a rout after Lazio invaded Clinton's space in their first debate.

Trump's act worked on his male opponents because his dominance shtick is a game played among men. Try playing the same game on women, you just look like a jerk. And Trump has no other game.

David G
10-12-2016, 01:12 AM
That female split is really quite startling.

PeterSibley
10-12-2016, 05:13 AM
Even we tradies without degrees can see he's a loud mouthed con.

Tom Montgomery
10-12-2016, 05:22 AM
The two debates (and the audio revelations in between them) gave many people their first good long look at Donald Trump. And many did not like what they saw. Polling indicates that Clinton's lead nationwide has widened to double digits.

Published yesterday:

The shift toward Clinton is driven almost entirely by movement among independent voters. One week ago, Trump led Clinton 44-36 among independent voters. Those numbers have roughly flipped, with 44 percent backing Clinton now, and 33 percent supporting Trump.

Read more here: https://www.google.com/amp/www.theatlantic.com/amp/article/503561/