PDA

View Full Version : if y'all don't quit flushing the bilge......

jack grebe
10-11-2016, 11:42 AM
I will be FORCED, I tell you, FORCED to bump every political
Thread for the last 6 months.

Canoez
10-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Jack - we should flush the bilge more often to keep it from stinking so much. :eek:

amish rob
10-11-2016, 11:47 AM
But the stink is appalling, Jack! It's like the whole crew has diarrhea from different flavours of kool-ade...

Oh, Michael. Truly, truly the funniest thing I've read that you wrote. What an horrific, hilarious image. :) And apt. ;)

Peace,
Robert

Peerie Maa
10-11-2016, 11:48 AM
Is inflicting boredom not a cruel and unnatural punishment? Just saying.

Canoez
10-11-2016, 11:49 AM
But the stink is appalling, Jack! It's like the whole crew has diarrhea from different flavours of kool-ade...

Bilge version of a "Technicolor Yawn"? :arg

Osborne Russell
10-11-2016, 02:19 PM
Seems the market has spoken.

Nicholas Scheuer
10-11-2016, 02:26 PM
They think they're being cute. Surprised the Great Scott seems to agree.

David G
10-11-2016, 02:46 PM
(lol) I'm gonna be like ol' Sky Blue here, and just not accept that the market has spoken, because it doesn't speak the language and words that I want it to. No! No! No! I don't wanna! Waaaa...

Seriously, for a moment; Nicholas, I do not think I am being cute. I get very frustrated when I come to the Bilge to engage in conversation with people whom I know and like, and find that all the oxygen in the room has been take up by a few people of varying political persuasions who cannot seem to talk about anything else but their politics, and cannot even do that without rancour, insult, and trolling. If the discussions were even informative and reasoned, they might be edifying, but they are mostly just cranky vitriol. So I attempt show how frustrating it is to have the Bilge flooded with stuff that you are not interested in, that you have no (or very little) interest in, and that forces all the threads that you are interested in off the page. Tit-for-tat, so to speak. I will continue to do so sporadically, as the urge seizes me, until either the election fever that has gripped your nation and turned you all into churlish partisans eases up, or until Scot tells me to stop.

Scot may. I recall, a while back, that I flooded the Bilge with beautiful images - labeled 'Bilge Sachet'. I received a note from Scot admonishing me about the rudeness of such excessive behavior. YMMV

jsjpd1
10-11-2016, 03:33 PM

That doesn't sound nearly as fun as spending a couple hours looking at pretty pictures.

(lol) I'm gonna be like ol' Sky Blue here, and just not accept that the market has spoken, because it doesn't speak the language and words that I want it to. No! No! No! I don't wanna! Waaaa...

Seriously, for a moment; Nicholas, I do not think I am being cute. I get very frustrated when I come to the Bilge to engage in conversation with people whom I know and like, and find that all the oxygen in the room has been take up by a few people of varying political persuasions who cannot seem to talk about anything else but their politics, and cannot even do that without rancour, insult, and trolling. If the discussions were even informative and reasoned, they might be edifying, but they are mostly just cranky vitriol. So I attempt show how frustrating it is to have the Bilge flooded with stuff that you are not interested in, that you have no (or very little) interest in, and that forces all the threads that you are interested in off the page. Tit-for-tat, so to speak. I will continue to do so sporadically, as the urge seizes me, until either the election fever that has gripped your nation and turned you all into churlish partisans eases up, or until Scot tells me to stop.

I align pretty closely with MMD on this. I enjoy reading the bilge but the overwhelming amount of rancorous politics has been a bit too much of late.

Scot may. I recall, a while back, that I flooded the Bilge with beautiful images - labeled 'Bilge Sachet'. I received a note from Scot admonishing me about the rudeness of such excessive behavior. YMMV

So pretty pictures are out and politics are in. Okay then.

I did note, however, that this morning when I booted up The Bilge, it had already been flooded with images all originally posted by one person, whom has been banned. I presumed that it was a passive campaign to convince Scot that the person was a worthy participant of The Bilge and that his banning should be overturned. I bumped a number of his pics, not because I think that Scot should recant, but merely because they were lovely pictures.

I started with Paul's pron before moving on to Duncan's. I do think Duncan's contributions are more positive than not, but I'm not trying to tell Scot how to run things here.

David G
10-11-2016, 03:50 PM
Jim - as to what's in/out, acceptable/not acceptable, rude/not rude... I am absolutely the last person you should be asking. I can't make heads nor tails of what Scot's standards are. All I can do is report my experience.

jsjpd1
10-11-2016, 04:35 PM
Jim - as to what's in/out, acceptable/not acceptable, rude/not rude... I am absolutely the last person you should be asking. I can't make heads nor tails of what Scot's standards are. All I can do is report my experience.

I get it David, it's just funny is all. 99% of Scot's headaches have to be arguments over politics that go too far.

jsjpd1
10-11-2016, 04:37 PM
And I thought your Sachet posts were great.

Rum_Pirate
10-11-2016, 05:09 PM

Perhaps 'flooding' with numerous threads on the same name/topic is probably not the best thing for a forum.

Perhaps posting in a 'single' pørn thread each week might be more acceptable to those that be? :rolleyes:

If that is preferable, then surely it would be good if the entire plethora of political threads on American politics were relegated to a single thread.
Because you can hardly see any threads for the overwhelming multitude of political threads on American politics. Maybe even an 'American Politics' sub forum.

Wouldn't that be a good idea?

I think it would make visiting this forum far more enjoyable.

NB To the powers that be: This is only some polite suggestions and feedback.

Garret
10-11-2016, 05:11 PM
And I thought your Sachet posts were great.

As did I! I liked the name too...

David G
10-11-2016, 05:15 PM
As did I! I liked the name too...

Thanks to both of you. But - to be accurate - Scot's chastisement (both by pm and by lopping a bunch of posts, iirc) wasn't because of the content. It was because of the quantity. And yet... it wasn't close to the wave of 'pron' that we just saw. And no complaint from the management that I'm aware of. So, really, I haven't a clue.

Canoez
10-11-2016, 05:17 PM

Perhaps you forgot to jiggle the handle when you were flushing? Or perhaps perform a 2nd "courtesy flush"?

CWSmith
10-11-2016, 05:25 PM
I've enjoyed the flush. Since I lack any meaningful long-term memory, all those old pictures were new again! It was fun.

Peerie Maa
10-11-2016, 05:28 PM
Thanks to both of you. But - to be accurate - Scot's chastisement (both by pm and by lopping a bunch of posts, iirc) wasn't because of the content. It was because of the quantity. And yet... it wasn't close to the wave of 'pron' that we just saw. And no complaint from the management that I'm aware of. So, really, I haven't a clue.

Scot is probably stock taking or something and not vetting the forum today.

The Bigfella
10-11-2016, 05:34 PM

Ha - I just got banned over on another forum, this morning, for posting nudity. It was an art thread... and I posted some photos of statues. Apparently public art isn't family friendly on some forums... well, at least I'm never rude.

David G
10-11-2016, 05:40 PM
Ha - I just got banned over on another forum, this morning, for posting nudity. It was an art thread... and I posted some photos of statues. Apparently public art isn't family friendly on some forums... well, at least I'm never rude.

You're just too rough for SA, eh? <G>

switters
10-11-2016, 05:41 PM
The bilge reeks of irony today.

jsjpd1
10-11-2016, 05:43 PM

Maybe it's because I pulled the trigger when most everyone was sleeping so I didn't really interrupt a bunch active conversations. But I'll take my lumps if they're coming.

Scot is probably stock taking or something and not vetting the forum today.

Or maybe he's tired of all the politics too and secretly likes pr0n.;)

jack grebe
10-11-2016, 05:50 PM
I think that a lot of you have forgotten, and many of you
are simply too rookie to remember, is that this place
grew out of the Misc. non boat related.

If y'all want to post boat pics, have a blast, just post them
UPSTAIRS where they belong.

The Bigfella
10-11-2016, 05:51 PM
You're just too rough for SA, eh? <G>

Man, there's some sad cases over there. Bit of an AA dumping ground.

CWSmith
10-11-2016, 05:52 PM

You'd throw your back out (or at least your typing fingers). There is far too much (and I do mean too much).

The Bigfella
10-11-2016, 05:53 PM

http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff112/igatenby/iansecond/barisland_zps384bdb0b.jpg (http://s240.photobucket.com/user/igatenby/media/iansecond/barisland_zps384bdb0b.jpg.html)

David G
10-11-2016, 05:54 PM

Exactly my attitude. But don't expect to get anywhere. I've pushed that notion for some time now. Scot disagrees.

jsjpd1
10-11-2016, 06:01 PM

It is the misfortune of the bilge that pr0n is an easily searchable term with a vast quantity of material to choose from. If only David had posted more Sachet threads to bump up.

Hmmm, maybe tonight...:D

Nicholas Scheuer
10-11-2016, 06:29 PM
Well, I've no problem at all with your posts, mmd. I don't recall ever seeing your initials on a continuous string of posts about anything.