PDA

View Full Version : Mounting RG213 coax and 12volt cables to wooden mast. P Clips?

TerryOz
10-08-2016, 09:32 PM
Hi all! I did the right thing and searched, but could find nothing.
I am in South Australia and preparing my Oregon Main and Mizzen for installation, as soon as I can do it. So many coats of Varnish applied, new tracks Etc. But I need to run some RG213 coaxial cable and the 12 volt cable for the nav and deck lights, externally (unfortunately) alongside the tracks
Been looking around for the right P Clips to do so and wondering what you guys might suggest, as well as where to get them. 316 Grade Stainless or Copper?
Terry
"SETANTA"

Dave Hadfield
10-09-2016, 02:57 AM
I made mine from copper water pipe.

Get a length of 5/8" pipe, cut off a 1/2" piece, stick a 3/8" dia bolt in it, then hammer it flat around the bolt. Remove bolt. Drill and countersink for a screw.

Very tedious, but copper works well and discourages rot when up against wood.

wizbang 13
10-09-2016, 04:02 AM
I run mine up the shrouds.
No extra holes in spars.
The few places wires follow the spars...tape.

sailcanoefan
10-09-2016, 09:53 AM
I run mine up the shrouds.
No extra holes in spars.
The few places wires follow the spars...tape.

Hey I like it !!! TY Wiz

TerryOz
10-09-2016, 03:18 PM
Thanks for some interesting ideas, but I need to get this rolling, I don't have the time to make my own and the mast has had them attached plenty of times over the years, so for me, I'd just like something that will suit the varnished look and not be too big, that I can pickup locally. I can run the cable in a couple of hours then, make some progress and GO SAILING!⛵️