PDA

View Full Version : Marc Rich

Waddie
10-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Maybe Hillary shouldn't comment so much about Trump's taxes when she is implicated in the pardon of fugitive and tax evader Marc Rich. The story of this travesty of justice is both interesting and insightful into the ways of big government. Money truly is power; or at least buys favors from the powerful.

President-in-waiting Hillary Clinton has never addressed her role in the midnight pardon of billionaire fugitive Marc Rich. In fact, she’s rarely been asked her opinion on the free pass given to one of the world’s most wanted fugitives, a man who violated embargoes against Iran and South Africa and fled the country rather than face trial in what was billed as “the biggest tax evasion case in history.” Hillary has variously said that she was “unaware” of the decision and “surprised” by it. When pressed, she merely cackles.
Even though 300 pages of core documents relating to the pardon decision remain under seal at the Clinton Library, a review of the available record tells a much different story. In fact, the Rich legal team viewed Hillary as a “secret weapon,” and as one door after another closed on their search for a pardon they focused more and more on invoking what Rich lawyer Robert Fink called the “HRC option.”

http://www.counterpunch.org/2016/10/03/the-pardon-of-arc-rich-how-hillary-clinton-served-as-the-secret-weapon-for-one-of-the-biggest-tax-cheats-in-american-history/

regards,
Waddie

David G
10-03-2016, 09:45 PM
Keep digging... I'm sure there's a pony in there somewhere.

Cuyahoga Chuck
10-03-2016, 10:14 PM
Pardons are a constitutional prerogative of a president. Ms. Clinton has never been a president altho' that will assuradley change in the near future.

Waddie
10-03-2016, 10:57 PM
Keep digging... I'm sure there's a pony in there somewhere.

My stalker is back. Still pissed about the earlier thread I see. Read the article; the source is left wing and so is the author. You should like it.

regards,
Waddie

Gerarddm
10-03-2016, 11:34 PM
What the hell, exhume Vince Foster too.