PDA

View Full Version : Its crunch time again

genglandoh
10-03-2016, 09:31 AM
I am talking about my work schedule.
We do small $150K to $250K optimization projects in mostly existing industrial plants (paper mills, chemical plants, etc).
They take anywhere for 2 to 6 weeks onsite to complete.

The problem is many of these plants postpone doing these project until the end of the year.
There are always bigger fish to fry.
Then someone wakes up and realizes they must get it completed before the end of the year.
This year is no different, I will be traveling a lot starting next week.

So starting next week I will not be posting as many of my brilliant political insight as normal.
I hope you can cope.

Canoez
10-03-2016, 09:43 AM
Awwww...

Shouldn't this thread have been titled, "Isn't it crunch time at work for genglandoh again?", or alternatively, "Will you miss me?"

Waddie
10-03-2016, 09:46 AM
Geng; So starting next week I will not be posting as many of my brilliant political incites as normal.

Talk about a Freudian slip........ :)

regards,
Waddie

Rich Jones
10-03-2016, 09:50 AM
It was the same in my home improvement business at this time of year. Every customer just had to have their project finished for the holidays (Thanksgiving and Christmas).

Waddie
10-03-2016, 09:58 AM
As a teenager I worked in my uncle's boat business part time from March through about the middle of June. He would try to get his customers to have their work done during the Fall and Winter, but mostly they waited until Spring, then everybody was in a hurry.

regards,
Waddie

Paul Pless
10-03-2016, 08:22 PM
Geng, please do take a moment and check in with us on Wednesday morning, November 9th to let us know that you are okay. Thanks.

leikec
10-03-2016, 08:32 PM
Geng, please do take a moment and check in with us on Wednesday morning, November 9th to let us know that you are okay. Thanks.

:D

Jeff C

LeeG
10-03-2016, 10:23 PM
We do small $150K to $250K optimization projects in mostly existing industrial plants (paper mills, chemical plants, etc).

The problem is many of these plants postpone doing these project until the end of the year.
Then someone wakes up and realizes they must get it completed before the end of the year.

So starting next week I will not be posting as many of my brilliant political insight as normal.
I hope you can cope.

Good for you, less mindless bs the better

Vince Brennan
10-03-2016, 10:31 PM
Dude, I may think your politics are something south of stupid, but I have been where you are at work and wish you nothing but the best.

Dazzle 'em with your footwork!

Use as many flash-bangs as you have in your repertoire!

Go get'um, Red Ryder!

StevenBauer
10-03-2016, 10:37 PM

I hope you can cope.

Last edited by genglandoh; 10-03-2016 at 10:52 AM. Reason: spelling

Edited for for spelling but it's still a disaster area.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
10-03-2016, 10:54 PM
It's crunch time here too.;)

https://lovelace-media.imgix.net/uploads/25/7e601960-d2fc-0131-3b03-3296b25beca7.jpg?

Too Little Time
10-04-2016, 09:10 AM
I though most business had busy and slow times. We take vacations during the slow times.

genglandoh
11-03-2016, 07:25 PM
I have been posting a little the last few days because I needed to be home for some roof repair.
Well I am going back to work tomorrow and will miss all the humble pie on Wednesday next week.

I am not saying who will be eating the pie but you know who you are.

genglandoh
11-07-2016, 04:16 PM
The other big issue is customers who change the schedule at the last min.
My trip to WY was just cancelled.
My flight was for tomorrow AM.
They may want me their next week but I will not know for a few days.
My boss may decide to put me on another project so who knows what will happen.

Sometimes I think I should not answer my phone after 5:00 PM.

S.V. Airlie
11-07-2016, 07:17 PM
Geng, please do take a moment and check in with us on Wednesday morning, November 9th to let us know that you are okay. Thanks.Make it the afternoon, he's gonna have a roaring hangover in there morning!