PDA

View Full Version : Trump: meltdown mode

David G
09-30-2016, 03:22 PM
Pretty amazing sequence of events. I hope the accretion of revelations begins to have a cumulative effect on the undecided folks out there.

Remember - this is a guy that Republican's think is their best hope for leading our nation. Remarkable. Deplorable.

And... I'll go out on a limb, and predict that Trump's flailing will only get more frenzied as this thing slips away from him... and denial gets ever more difficult.

http://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-is-having-a-meltdown

RonW
09-30-2016, 03:32 PM
I'll vote for him.....

http://cdns.yournewswire.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Trump-fires-ugly-women-700x350.jpeg

John of Phoenix
09-30-2016, 03:34 PM
It was discovered by the Washington Post that the Trump Foundation did not have the correct paperwork to legally be a charity and you know, raise money from people.

Newsweek reported that Trump's company secretly did business in Cuba in violation of the embargo.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Trump told managers at his California golf club to fire hostesses that Trump found unattractive.

In the middle night, reportedly against the wishes of his campaign managers, he went on a xenophobic, racist, and sexist tirade on Twitter.

It won't matter a hill of beans. "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

Rockin' the Celebration of Being Stupid.

David G
09-30-2016, 03:39 PM
More in the same vein from Yahoo News --

https://www.yahoo.com/news/donald-trump-tweets-alicia-machado-134018710.html

TomF
09-30-2016, 03:40 PM
I'll vote for him.....

You're voting for t!ts, Ron. Not for the guy standing beside them. I recall a few years ago that some rightie forumites said they'd vote for McCain because of because of how Sarah Palin looked in a tight sweater. The world turns, but not so much.

RonW
09-30-2016, 04:24 PM
TomF from Canada says ---
You're voting for t!ts, Ron.

I don't see that to be a problem, after all isn't that what the left wing liberals are doing .......

TomF
09-30-2016, 04:28 PM

I don't see that to be a problem, after all isn't that what the left wing liberals are doing .......Not surprised that you don't see a problem, Ron. Carry on.

skuthorp
09-30-2016, 04:55 PM
It was discovered by the Washington Post that the Trump Foundation did not have the correct paperwork to legally be a charity and you know, raise money from people.

Newsweek reported that Trump's company secretly did business in Cuba in violation of the embargo.

The Los Angeles Times reported that Trump told managers at his California golf club to fire hostesses that Trump found unattractive.

In the middle night, reportedly against the wishes of his campaign managers, he went on a xenophobic, racist, and sexist tirade on Twitter.

It won't matter a hill of beans. "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

Rockin' the Celebration of Being Stupid.

Yup, his supporters don't care. But he's an independent, the GOP don't have a horse in the race and that is the really big problem for their future.

Gerarddm
09-30-2016, 06:49 PM
There will be more. What I want to know is, there is incontrovertible proof Drumpf's organization spent $$$ in Cuba defying the embargo. Why are not the Feds all over this publicly?

skuthorp
09-30-2016, 06:50 PM
Two meltdown threads up now, will any of this come to a head early enough to disqualify him, or for that matter are there any circumstances that could, apart from treason? Where does this leave the GOP and their support of him as their candidate? Can they withdraw that support? It may be he's played them for a sucker long enough to be safe till after the election.

TomF
09-30-2016, 07:04 PM
There will be more. What I want to know is, there is incontrovertible proof Drumpf's organization spent $$$ in Cuba defying the embargo. Why are not the Feds all over this publicly?
Feds are being extraordinarily cautious to not appear to be voting for Clinton. They don't have much choice, especially considering that the RonWs of the world are already claiming that the Department of Justice and the FBI are already showing bias.

Dave Gray
09-30-2016, 07:05 PM
Two meltdown threads up now, will any of this come to a head early enough to disqualify him, or for that matter are there any circumstances that could, apart from treason? Where does this leave the GOP and their support of him as their candidate? Can they withdraw that support? It may be he's played them for a sucker long enough to be safe till after the election.

How does one disqualify a presidential candidate? Seems like a pipe dream to me, even if he was certifiably insane.

The main worry is voter turn out. With two uninspiring candidates low voter turnout could easily get Trump elected. Make sure everyone you know votes!

Lew Barrett
09-30-2016, 07:31 PM

I don't see that to be a problem, after all isn't that what the left wing liberals are doing .......

Amazing. We missed so many uniquely spontaneous insights when you were gone. You are one of a kind. Or at least, that's the hope.

Shang
09-30-2016, 07:32 PM
Should he have his finger on the button?

http://cdns.yournewswire.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/Trump-fires-ugly-women-700x350.jpeg

Lew Barrett
09-30-2016, 07:34 PM
Hooters girls are easy. Or so they say. I bet he didn't leave a tip. He said he wanted to on Twitter, but something more important popped up.

jack grebe
09-30-2016, 07:35 PM
You're voting for t!ts, Ron.

That has got to be one of the BEST bilge quotes ever.Y>

David G
10-01-2016, 10:32 AM
You're voting for t!ts, Ron. Not for the guy standing beside them. I recall a few years ago that some rightie forumites said they'd vote for McCain because of because of how Sarah Palin looked in a tight sweater. The world turns, but not so much.

Yes... well... we all have our intellectual sides. Some more than others.

peb
10-01-2016, 11:21 AM
Pretty amazing sequence of events. I hope the accretion of revelations begins to have a cumulative effect on the undecided folks out there.

Remember - this is a guy that Republican's think is their best hope for leading our nation. Remarkable. Deplorable.

And... I'll go out on a limb, and predict that Trump's flailing will only get more frenzied as this thing slips away from him... and denial gets ever more difficult.

http://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-is-having-a-meltdown

The majority of us GOP certainly did not think so. To that vocal plurality who pushed him through the early primaries to an insurmountable lead, I say: ...

Oh well, I can't post it, dont want to get banned

David G
10-01-2016, 11:50 AM
peb - To the extent that you truly regret the rise of Trump: I offer my condolences.

And to the extent that you have bought into the whole Republican narrative for the last 40 years (trickle-down, law&order, welfare 'queens', racial dog-whistles, gerrymandering, ratfrequenting, jingoism, etc., etc., etc.) I say: you built him... now own him. And do something about him, and the whole narrative/movement that spawned him.

Hugh Conway
10-01-2016, 12:00 PM
And to the extent that you have bought into the whole Republican narrative for the last 40 years (trickle-down, law&order, welfare 'queens', racial dog-whistles, gerrymandering, ratfrequenting, jingoism, etc., etc., etc.) I say: you built him... now own him. And do something about him, and the whole narrative/movement that spawned him.

That's not the whole Republican narrative at all. I'm neither a Republican, nor a Conservative, but I have the honesty and self-respect to realize that your narrative is fallacious and lazy.

bobbys
10-01-2016, 12:04 PM
Hooters girls are easy. Or so they say. I bet he didn't leave a tip. He said he wanted to on Twitter, but something more important popped up.

Hey! I'm to cheap to go to a hooters and pay big bucks for greasy food just to look at eye candy then be expected to put up a big tip...

I have a Sears swimsuit ad if I wanna see women

We all don' all live high on the hog like you, all hoity toity!:):D

bobbys
10-01-2016, 12:06 PM
That's not the whole Republican narrative at all. I'm neither a Republican, nor a Conservative, but I have the honesty and self-respect to realize that your narrative is fallacious and lazy..

I'm lucky he did not post that on my Formica top thread..

He held himself back..

All I got was a snide remark.

It tells you how far this nasty thinking goes.

C. Ross
10-01-2016, 12:08 PM
That's not the whole Republican narrative at all. I'm neither a Republican, nor a Conservative, but I have the honesty and self-respect to realize that your narrative is fallacious and lazy.

Thanks Hugh. You're correct.

It's odd. The Tea Party guys are as busy shooting RINOs as "Libtards" or whatever the epithet of the moment is.

David G
10-01-2016, 12:08 PM

Very well... what would you like to add?

And do you have a more plausible explanation for how we ended up here - with Trump as the R nominee?

RonW
10-01-2016, 12:10 PM

It's odd. The Tea Party guys are as busy shooting RINOs as "Libtards" or whatever the epithet of the moment is.

Well that's easy to do when you can't tell the difference......

C. Ross
10-01-2016, 12:20 PM
Well that's easy to do when you can't tell the difference......

I know you can't.

The current cult of Obama demonization and Trump idolization will pass, like a bad stomach virus. A Conservative big tent will reemerge. America's center of gravity is center-right and pragmatic, not far right and ideological.

RonW
10-01-2016, 12:24 PM
I know you can't.

The current cult of Obama demonization and Trump idolization will pass, like a bad stomach virus. A Conservative big tent will reemerge. America's center of gravity is center-right and pragmatic, not far right and ideological.

Well I wouldn't put my faith in a return of the bush clan, or a puppet like kasich or rubio......

Oh it looks like your candidate joe is running ahead by running on Trump's campaign of making the bilge great again..

TomF
10-01-2016, 12:26 PM
It is not the entire Rep narrative, true. But the Rep narrative has leaned that way, enough of the time, that Trump found a constituency there to give him the nomination. He was once a self-described Dem, but didn't find a nomination there.

What built the conditions for Trump is clear, just by looking at his campaign team. The Fox flavour, and the particular kind of broadcast strategy it built and normalized. The further right crowd which sought and promoted tinfoil hat conspiracies, initially with Limbaugh and Beck etc., but increasingly through Breitbart and the folks to their Right who Breitbart aggregates.

That is, the group of Right-most folks represented elsewhere by Le Pen, Geertz, Putin, and various little nationalisms and xenophobes.

That isn't the Rep narrative, except insofar as the Reps wanted their votes, and didn't kick them out. Wouldn't risk losing these highly motivated highly politicized people to fringe parties or anarchist movements, because without them the Oval Office couldn't be won.

The Rep narrative has been pragmatic ; don't alienate people you need, but don't turn into them. Over time, though, the compromise position polluted the actual historic Conservative positions enough that Trump became possible. In fact, Trump was only one of the deeply flawed Reps possible this year; this dynamic meant that the kind of candidate that would have the stature of really excellent Conservative Presidents of the past had no hope of getting through.

David G
10-01-2016, 12:34 PM
peb - To the extent that you truly regret the rise of Trump: I offer my condolences.

Of course, the arc I allude to is not the complete all-encompassing sum total of the Republican party.

But, in my judgement, it has been the main thrust, and the narrative that has brought us here.

But, Cris - you seem to disagree. So I'll ask you the same direct question I've posed to Hugh: how would you explain the last 40 years... and how the R's have gotten to this dismal state? Trump? JFC, Chris... TRUMP???

Joe (SoCal)
10-01-2016, 12:35 PM
Well I wouldn't put my faith in a return of the bush clan, or a puppet like kasich or rubio......

Oh it looks like your candidate joe is running ahead by running on Trump's campaign of making the bilge great again..

Yet you voted for Bob Adams ;)

C. Ross
10-01-2016, 12:38 PM
Well I wouldn't put my faith in ...

My faith is in the essential decency of the American people, and our eventual desire to rise above the coarse and sometimes vile nature of what passes for political dialogue nowadays.

And I have faith in the next generation. They don't buy the divisive bigoted Trump line. The Greatest Generation really was great, and gave us powerful civic virtues and faithfulness and strong leaders left and right. We Baby Boomers haven't lived up to them. I think the Millenials are shaping up to fix what we broke.

RonW
10-01-2016, 12:47 PM
Yet you voted for Bob Adams ;)

Because I wanted to make the bilge great again....

My faith is in the essential decency of the American people, and our eventual desire to rise above the coarse and sometimes vile nature of what passes for political dialogue nowadays.

And I have faith in the next generation. They don't buy the divisive bigoted Trump line. The Greatest Generation really was great, and gave us powerful civic virtues and faithfulness and strong leaders left and right. We Baby Boomers haven't lived up to them. I think the Millenials are shaping up to fix what we broke.

Politics changed with the radio during FDR......Then again with Kennedy and T.V. .......now it is changing again with social media and the internet, and the liberal media who think they have control, aren't happy about not having the power to influence the vote with their propaganda..I would think one and all who are not part of the corrupt system would be happy .