PDA

View Full Version : Allepo

J.Madison
09-29-2016, 09:58 PM
Seems it's about to fall. CNN reports 10000 troops amassed preparing for an assault.

I fear genocide. Even without- many, many will die.

LeeG
09-29-2016, 10:09 PM
Many have been dying

Mosul is next

Gerarddm
09-30-2016, 01:23 AM
Ask Gary Johnson what he thinks. :-(

Lew Barrett
09-30-2016, 09:01 AM
It's sickening. It will make a stone weep.

Too Little Time
09-30-2016, 09:04 AM
I think it is clear that the US will continue to let this happen.

Reynard38
09-30-2016, 09:04 AM
Mission accomplished.

Sky Blue
09-30-2016, 09:19 AM
I think it is clear that the US will continue to let this happen.

As we well should. We're neither the world's policeman nor its moral voice. Let those in the ME and the virtue signaling Europeans solve it if they care to.

CK 17
09-30-2016, 09:25 AM
I don't want to get involved with another war(any more than we already are), but once they become refugees I think our door should be wide open.

Sky Blue
09-30-2016, 09:26 AM
Let the Canadians go and sort it out.

Sky Blue
09-30-2016, 09:35 AM
One need only remember the feckless Europeans sitting idly by as a genocide once again flared on their doorstep in the Balkans. Without American leadership, the carnage no doubt would have been unimaginably worse. America will be hated for doing something and hated if it doesnt.

Americans have shouldered the West's humanitarian missions for so long and with so little gratitude that citizens here no longer have much of a taste for humanitarian efforts or compassion for refugees.

Perhaps an ascendant China will pick up the ball and resolve it, maybe take in a few million refugees.

bamamick
09-30-2016, 09:58 AM
No words I could ever say would be enough to express how sad this is.

Mickey Lake

biga
09-30-2016, 10:00 AM
can the ME be fixed? seems like the "civilized" 1st world countries have been trying for hundreds of years. they go in, stir up the pot, and LEAVE. then they go right back to how they were or WORSE. usually WORSE. i think they would have been better off had we never stepped foot over there

Sky Blue
09-30-2016, 10:07 AM
Many American cities are de facto war zones every bit a dangerous as a ME city under siege. Chicago, for one. It is time for other members of the "global community" to start taking leadership on some of the world's problems and time for America to look inward, care for her own citizens (and all of them), and let other nations solve their own problems.

Lew Barrett
09-30-2016, 10:25 AM
Many American cities are de facto war zones every bit a dangerous as a ME city under siege. Chicago, for one. .

Oh please! When there are fifty Russian and Syrian sorties over Chicago every day dropping barrel and cluster bombs, then your overblown comment will approach reality. There is no solace, no safe place in Aleppo.

Jimmy W
09-30-2016, 10:29 AM
Many American cities are de facto war zones every bit a dangerous as a ME city under siege. Chicago, for one. It is time for other members of the "global community" to start taking leadership on some of the world's problems and time for America to look inward, care for her own citizens (and all of them), and let other nations solve their own problems.

remarkable

Sky Blue
09-30-2016, 10:29 AM
We've seen killed nearly as many citizens in Chicago during Mr. Obama's Presidency as were killed during our Iraq engagement (which continues, btw). Your attempt to minimize what is occurring right here on our streets daily is troubling.

biga
09-30-2016, 10:33 AM
We've seen killed nearly as many citizens in Chicago during Mr. Obama's Presidency as were killed during our Iraq engagement (which continues, btw). Your attempt to minimize what is occurring right here on our streets daily is troubling.

oh come on SB. yeah, maybe the same numbers of AMERICANS killed.. .but not PEOPLE. we've killed hundreds of thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan

Sky Blue
09-30-2016, 10:34 AM
oh come on SB. yeah, maybe the same numbers of AMERICANS killed.. .but not PEOPLE. we've killed hundreds of thousands in Iraq and Afghanistan

Thank you for making my point.

Clarkey
09-30-2016, 10:38 AM
Ask Gary Johnson what he thinks. :-(

He might legitimately ask what 'Allepo' is.

Vince Brennan
09-30-2016, 01:05 PM
Or, most likely, "Was".

Too Little Time
09-30-2016, 03:55 PM
One need only remember the feckless Europeans sitting idly by as a genocide once again flared on their doorstep in the Balkans. Without American leadership, the carnage no doubt would have been unimaginably worse. America will be hated for doing something and hated if it doesnt.

Americans have shouldered the West's humanitarian missions for so long and with so little gratitude that citizens here no longer have much of a taste for humanitarian efforts or compassion for refugees.
Not to pick on you in particular. There are a number of people with the same views you have.

Feckless Europeans seem to not act as much as feckless Americans do little about the situation of the poor or minorities in the US. Perhaps we are all feckless. (I need a dictionary.)

skuthorp
09-30-2016, 04:03 PM
US 'foreign policy' is notorious for weathervaning, often in 4-8 year blocks.
"Feckless Europeans seem to not act as much as feckless Americans do little about the situation of the poor or minorities in the US."
Its as much about distraction as anything else, very orwellian.

Mark O.
09-30-2016, 04:38 PM
I've looked at a lot of different source video of Allepo, and I honesty don't understand how anyone stays alive there. It's a maze of crumbled concrete, with constant bombs, and fire rifle. The hospital was bombed the other day.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
10-01-2016, 03:18 PM

Feckless Europeans seem to not act as much as feckless Americans do little about the situation of the poor or minorities in the US. Perhaps we are all feckless. (I need a dictionary.)

Feckless adj: Unable to give a feck.

AndyG
10-01-2016, 05:31 PM
We're neither the world's policeman nor its moral voice.

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/28/Biggest_arms_sales_2013.png/300px-Biggest_arms_sales_2013.png

No?

Andy

PeterSibley
10-01-2016, 05:39 PM
Just the primary enabler of destruction.