Trump's policy team quit in August, after being stiffed.

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TomF
    Recalcitrant Heretic
    • Jun 2003

Trump's policy team quit in August, after being stiffed.

The Trump campaign built a large policy shop in Washington that has now largely melted away because of neglect, mismanagement and promises of pay that were never honored.

Since April, advisers never named in campaign press releases have been working in an Alexandria-based office, writing policy memos, organizing briefings, managing surrogates and placing op-eds. They put in long hours before and during the Republican National Convention to help the campaign look like a professional operation.

But in August, shortly after the convention, most of the policy shop’s most active staffers quit. Although they signed non-disclosure agreements, several of them told me on background that the Trump policy effort has been a mess from start to finish.

“It’s a complete disaster,” one disgruntled former adviser told me. “They use and abuse people. The policy office fell apart in August when the promised checks weren’t delivered.”
    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott
  • David G
    • Dec 2003

Re: Trump's policy team quit in August, after being stiffed.

Shocked. Shocked, I say.
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Comment

• Flying Orca
      Ruth, feck, and gorm
      • Jan 2007

Oh, I'm sure he has a plan for that.

What are you doing about it?

Comment

• Canoez
        Did I say that out loud?
        • Sep 2007

There would seem to be a pattern of behavior with Trump not paying for the things he receives.
        "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
        -William A. Ward

Comment

Working...