PDA

View Full Version : Uuuuuug iOS 10

Joe (SoCal)
09-21-2016, 01:07 PM
What I loved about Apple under the stewardship of Jobs was that it crammed great design and interface down the masses throats and there wasn't a damn thing anyone could do about it aside from jailbreaking and going rogue.

The OS was clean, identifiable and devoid of fluff. Sure there were issues but they were polished and burnished in newer OS. It was elegant, crisp and intuitive. Those that wanted, needed or had the unnerving compulsion to "decorate", "doctor", "modify" or just plain mess it up there was an android phone for you.

Now we have iOS 10 with tons of USELESS gimmicks, texting now becomes a recreation of a circa 2001 myspace page.
Anyone remember Myspace where any cat, fairy, wicca, Depeche Mode obsessed depressed lonely housewife could build a perfectly unreadable 3 point blue type on black background, fairy animation, with "Enjoy the Silence" blaring in full internet slow down FLash Player.

OK Rant over.

C. Ross
09-21-2016, 01:50 PM
Sing it Brother. You're right.

I may have to go back to Android.

Paul Pless
09-21-2016, 01:57 PM
Sing it Brother. You're right.

I may have to go back to Android.i have been with motorola's droid series since my last crackberry way back in the day, before that i hade a motorola startac and before that a brick

recently i switched to samsung's new g7 edge
i was hesitant at first about the fragility of the wide curved screen, but i have come to love it, hell that's what insurance is for right
its super fast
the camera is exceptional - truly - it has a simple mode and an advanced mode including multi region focus and metering and color control
the form factor works for me one handed even though the screen is very large
its water proof and shockproof and the screen is rated to survive a six foot fall
i've never had a phone charge so fast - dead to 100% in fiteen minutes on the inductive charger or in the car
verizon service rocks
not cheap though

Old Dryfoot
09-21-2016, 11:03 PM
Come to the dark side.
http://androidspin.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/Cookie-Jar.jpg

We have cookies!

Duncan Gibbs
09-21-2016, 11:13 PM
My 6s rocks! I'll be waiting until the 8 comes out. Maybe this is Apple's Windoze 8 moment? Losing the 3mm jack just so they can make the home button click sucks too.

Captain Intrepid
09-22-2016, 03:32 AM
I'm enjoying ios10 on my 5s right now. Snappier than 9, and I like the new messaging features. Maybe they're calculated for the younger crowd.

Duncan Gibbs
09-22-2016, 03:47 AM
I'll wait for further reviews before upgrading, but if those are bad and the 7 proves to be much the same as the 6 minus the jack then I'll be stationary in terms of both software and hardware for a while.