PDA

View Full Version : Here's the smoking gun in Trump's charitable foundation fraud

Norman Bernstein
09-20-2016, 11:02 AM
Well, I hardly think it would be possible to demonstrate evidence more damning than THIS one!

Donald Trump spent more than a quarter-million dollars from his charitable foundation to settle lawsuits that involved the billionaire’s for-profit businesses, according to interviews and a review of legal documents.

Those cases, which together used $258,000 from Trump’s charity, were among four newly documented expenditures in which Trump may have violated laws against “self-dealing” — which prohibit nonprofit leaders from using charity money to benefit themselves or their businesses.

In one case, from 2007, Trump’s Mar-a-Lago Club faced $120,000 in unpaid fines from the town of Palm Beach, Fla., resulting from a dispute over the size of a flagpole.

In a settlement, Palm Beach agreed to waive those fines — if Trump’s club made a $100,000 donation to a specific charity for veterans. Instead, Trump sent a check from the Donald J. Trump Foundation, a charity funded almost entirely by other people’s money, according to tax records.

It's bad enough that he paid the fine from his own 'charitable' foundation... since Palm Beach is not a charity... but even worse, that it wasn't even his money.

Why hasn't he been indicted for tax fraud on this one? What kind of 'charity' pays it's founder's personal fines and financial obligations, with charitable contributions from donors? The agreement with Palm Beach was that Donald Trump (via his club) would pay the $100,000.... not his foundation, funded by others.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_1484w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2016/09/20/National-Politics/Images/image002_c.jpg?uuid=GsRdjn88EeaNE9fHBO-f2Q

TomF
09-20-2016, 11:05 AM
Cue RonW: he doesn't care.

Canoeyawl
09-20-2016, 11:10 AM
That is one of many smoking guns.

This man has a nasty history... Although he has paid millions to hide it, some will leak out.
It is just a matter of time, and very unfortunate there are so many people who believe the world is flat.

Norman Bernstein
09-20-2016, 11:21 AM
The full article has MUCH more detail about the apparently illegal self-dealing involving his supposed 'charitable foundation'.....

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-used-258000-from-his-charity-to-settle-legal-problems/2016/09/20/adc88f9c-7d11-11e6-ac8e-cf8e0dd91dc7_story.html?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_trumpfoundation-1040a%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

The mean is a detestable sleazebag, with the morals and ethics of a worm.. and I hope, whether he wins the election or not, he is indicted for tax fraud.

Canoeyawl
09-20-2016, 11:32 AM
There is a good article in the New Yorker about the recent trouble with Trumps corset.

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/09/19/a-trumpian-candidate-on-trumps-corset

Keith Wilson
09-20-2016, 11:57 AM
Good God, what a slimeball!

But really, $120,000 in fines 'resulting from a dispute over the size of a flagpole'??? WTH? You'd think they'd just change the damn flagpole.

Norman Bernstein
09-20-2016, 12:08 PM
Good God, what a slimeball!

But really, $120,000 in fines 'resulting from a dispute over the size of a flagpole'??? WTH? You'd think they'd just change the damn flagpole.

According to Trump, it simply wasn't large enough.... how did he put it?

The case involving the flagpole at Trump’s oceanfront Mar-a-Lago Club began in 2006, when the club put up a giant American flag on the 80-foot pole. Town rules said flagpoles should be 42 feet high at most.

Trump’s contention, according to news reports, was: “You don’t need a permit to put up the American flag.”The town began to fine Trump, $1,250 a day.

Trump’s club sued in federal court, saying that a smaller flag “would fail to appropriately express the magnitude of Donald J. Trump’s . . . patriotism.”

And this is a guy who might be President?

Paul Pless
09-20-2016, 12:12 PM
that a smaller flag “would fail to appropriately express the magnitude of donald j. Trump’s . . . Patriotism.”

:d . . .

Norman Bernstein
09-20-2016, 12:17 PM
I think he was probably thinking of a certain OTHER personal attribute...

He thinks it's the size of some anatomical feature.

jack grebe
09-20-2016, 12:22 PM
Seems to always come down to the size of the pole

Joe (SoCal)
09-20-2016, 12:34 PM
Just got this in my news feed - along with Angelina Jolie filing for divorce ;) I was gonna post the WP link, but My brother from Sharon MA beat me to it ;)

CWSmith
09-20-2016, 12:35 PM
Can you imagine the fraud this man could commit at POTUS?

And he calls her "Lying Hillary".

Bobcat
09-20-2016, 03:49 PM
How blatantly corrupt can you get: taking money people donated to a charity and using it to settle personal lawsuits.

RonW
09-20-2016, 04:29 PM
That's it......I'm voting hillary.........that is if she is physically sound and not in trouble over her e-mails or the upcoming wiki-leaks documents. ( soon to be released before the election)

Bobcat
09-20-2016, 04:34 PM
It will be interesting to see if anyone tries to defend Trump's misuse of his charity.

Tom Montgomery
09-20-2016, 04:40 PM
Someone will either attempt to explicit justify Trump's behavior or else claim the Clinton's have done as much or worse.

Just wait. Maybe RonW, maybe genglandoh, maybe SullivanB, maybe delecta... I could go on. just wait for it.

CWSmith
09-20-2016, 04:42 PM
Someone will either attempt to explicit justify Trump's behavior or else claim the Clinton's have done a much or worse.

Just wait. Maybe RonW, maybe genglandoh, maybe Sullivan, maybe delecta, I could go on. just wait for it.

Demand proof. That tends to silence them.

Tom Montgomery
09-20-2016, 04:43 PM
Demand proof. That tends to silence them.
Surely you are joking? They simply continue to bray on.

Facts and truth roll off their backs like water off the back of a duck.

Tom Montgomery
09-20-2016, 04:46 PM
And there you go!

As predicted.

Tom Montgomery
09-20-2016, 04:50 PM
Trump himself stated it best: "I could shoot someone in the middle of 5th Avenue and I wouldn't lose a single vote."

jack grebe
09-20-2016, 04:50 PM
And once again, attack Trump and Hillary slips a little more in the polls......

Keep it up lefties, You will put him in the White House yet.

Tom Montgomery
09-20-2016, 04:51 PM
Despicably cynical.

The rest of us have the responsibility to step up to prevent the bottom feeders from prevailing. I believe the majority will do so.

Tom Montgomery
09-20-2016, 04:54 PM
You had better believe he knows what he is doing. Which is no credit to him.

He is a well-intentioned, know-nothing, bigoted, egomaniacal populist.

The GOP has been cynically pandering to the lowest common denominator for decades, and subsequently disappointing them.

FINALLY the lowest common demoniator has a candidate who is genuinely one of them.

Bobcat
09-20-2016, 04:56 PM
Much as I suspected: no one is defending the misuse, perhaps criminal misuse of a charity, but rather stating that misuse will help Trump get elected.

These are not the actions of an honorable man.

Tom Montgomery
09-20-2016, 04:57 PM
Can you feel my contempt? I certainly hope so.

Tom Montgomery
09-20-2016, 05:00 PM
As hopeful you all are to finally "drown government in the bathtub," I think all you will end up managing to do is destroy the GOP.

Garret
09-20-2016, 05:08 PM
And once again, attack Trump and Hillary slips a little more in the polls......

Keep it up lefties, You will put him in the White House yet.

The sick thing is that this is probably true.

Tom Montgomery
09-20-2016, 05:10 PM
I am heartily sick of casual cynicism.

It strikes me as intellectually lazy and borderline immoral.

wudzgud
09-20-2016, 05:18 PM
Is the Fisher House not a charity?

John A. Campbell
09-20-2016, 05:38 PM
Trump and Stumpf (the latter Wells Fargo CEO).......no Federal pen for them.....send them both to Attica or equivalent and see how they like that kind of action. Monetary penalties for huge scale white collar crimes accomplish nothing. What is needed is cold and constant fear.

RonW
09-20-2016, 05:42 PM
Amazing.....norm post a copy of a check and a invoice says paid in full..................now what the hell does that prove.......

Well it proves it doesn't take much to convince a radical left wing liberal of they are justified in voting for hillary.......who cares.....can you say president Trump, with a capital T ..

jack grebe
09-20-2016, 05:46 PM
The sick thing is that this is probably true.

Been watching it since he tossed his hat in the ring.

Boater14
09-20-2016, 05:47 PM
Well if he did it in Florida, he's already bought the attorney general.

RonW
09-20-2016, 06:06 PM

Well then you haven't been paying attention. The attorney general ( lorreta Lynch ) is owned and operated by the clintons and berry..Or did you forget about that little discussion at the airport ?

hokiefan
09-20-2016, 06:11 PM

Well then you haven't been paying attention. The attorney general ( lorreta Lynch ) is owned and operated by the clintons and berry..Or did you forget about that little discussion at the airport ?

He was clearly talking about the Florida attorney general who is bought and paid for by Trump.

Norman Bernstein
09-20-2016, 06:21 PM
Is the Fisher House not a charity?

It is... But the agreement with the city required Donald Trump to make the donation, not the Trump Foundation. It was a personal obligation. What he did was fraud, plain and simple.

Norman Bernstein
09-20-2016, 06:22 PM
Amazing.....norm post a copy of a check and a invoice says paid in full..................now what the hell does that prove.......

It proves fraud.

RonW
09-20-2016, 06:26 PM
It is... But the agreement with the city required Donald Trump to make the donation, not the Trump Foundation. It was a personal obligation. What he did was fraud, plain and simple.

I very seriously doubt that there is a individual, personal Trump .Everything he owns, does, pay, receive is done in one corporation or another, and who knows how many corporations or subsidiary of, there actually are.........That is called covering your a$$.......

RonW
09-20-2016, 06:29 PM
Norman ----question to norman -
is the Fisher House not a charity?
---answer from norman.-
It is.

next statement from norm------
It proves fraud.

try again..........he didn't personally, individually own this property, a corporation did, and that corporation paid the tab..........period.....

wudzgud
09-20-2016, 06:34 PM
So, the Fisher House got a big donation and you have a problem with that?

Bobcat
09-20-2016, 06:41 PM

Yes I have a problem with it if a business agree to make the donation out of its own funds and instead it used other people's money donated to a charity to pay off its obligations.

If you donated to the Red Cross and it used the money to pay off its legal bills, I suspect you would feel cheated

Bobcat
09-20-2016, 06:42 PM
Norman ----question to norman -
---answer from norman.-

next statement from norm------

try again..........he didn't personally, individually own this property, a corporation did, and that corporation paid the tab..........period.....

No, it didn't. Read the article

RonW
09-20-2016, 06:46 PM
Yes I have a problem with it if a business agree to make the donation out of its own funds and instead it used other people's money donated to a charity to pay off its obligations.

If you donated to the Red Cross and it used the money to pay off its legal bills, I suspect you would feel cheated

And you should know, that once you donate to a organization, it is then up to the board members of that organization to decide what to do with that money. You have no further say over it.

It now belongs to them, and no longer is yours.

Should they use the money to buy toilet paper with, or pay the phone bill, of buy a new mercades to transport who ever where ever, or install a ice cream machine in the board room........

Norman Bernstein
09-20-2016, 06:46 PM

You guys are either being disingenuous, or obtuse.

The sttlement agreement with Palm Beach required DONALD TRUMP to make the donation. The check came from the donald trump foundation, not DONALD TRUMP... And it wasnt his money! He settled a private commercial legal dispute by paying with money that was NOT HIS OWN.

Get it now?

wudzgud
09-20-2016, 06:48 PM

Let's see, people gave money to Trump, Trump gave the money to a charity. I'm just following the money, you guys are nuttier than squarrel crap

Bobcat
09-20-2016, 06:54 PM
Let's see, people gave money to Trump, Trump gave the money to a charity. I'm just following the money, you guys are nuttier than squarrel crap

We both know that is not the allegation being made. There are laws that govern what a non-profit charity can spend its money on.

Trump is now claiming it was a mistake, recognizing the money should not have been paid from the Trump Foundation:

"Mr. Trump’s aides have said that donation was made in error from the foundation. A spokeswoman for Mr. Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, did not comment on Tuesday on the latest revelations.

Legal experts said the foundation’s donations in connection with litigation involving Mr. Trump’s personal businesses may have violated tax regulations that prohibit using nonprofit charities for private interests.
“That’s way across the line,” said Lloyd Mayer, a professor at Notre Dame Law School who specializes in nonprofit and tax law. “It’s not even close. It’s clearly self-dealing for a private foundation like the Trump Foundation.”
Mr. Mayer said he was surprised about the amount of money involved in the Trump expenditures. “I haven’t seen numbers this large before,” he said.
In one instance reported by The Post, the foundation made a $158,000 donation to settle a lawsuit by a golfer who was denied a promised $1 million payout for getting a hole in one at a charity golf tournament at a Trump golf course in Westchester County, N.Y."

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/21/us/politics/donald-trump-foundation-charity.html?_r=0

Norman Bernstein
09-20-2016, 06:57 PM

People gave money to the Trump Foundation, a tax exempt charity. Trump took money from this foundation to settle a commercial dispute between one off his businesses, and the city of Palm Beach. The form of the settlement doesnt matter... The foundation money is not there to settle Trumps corporate legal obligations.

The fact that the form of the settlement was a charitable donation is irrelevant. The settlement agreement was between Donald Trump and/or his businesses.

Bobcat
09-20-2016, 07:00 PM
I am on the board of a couple of non-profits and we have to be very careful about how we spend money. In one case, it's member money, the other involves charitable donations.

RonW
09-20-2016, 07:10 PM
I am on the board of a couple of non-profits and we have to be very careful about how we spend money. In one case, it's member money, the other involves charitable donations.

Oh really........like how ? I have set on multi million dollar 501C3 as well.........And unless you spend the money in such a way to be exactly contradictory to your mission statement, the board decides what is best for the corp.

So do explain further this we have to be careful.....

Norman Bernstein
09-20-2016, 07:15 PM
It was NOT Trump's money.

You're not that dumb, but you're certainly stretching the disingenuous thing WAY beyond any semblance of plausibility.

TomF
09-20-2016, 07:18 PM
It's how he rolls, Norman.

Bobcat
09-21-2016, 10:19 AM
Not even Trump tries to explain it:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2016/09/21/donald-trumps-absolutely-ridiculous-response-to-the-posts-trump-foundation-story/

Keith Wilson
09-21-2016, 10:28 AM
Ron,Trump used $258,000 of charitable foundation money to pay off the fines imposed by the courts on the companies he runs. That's illegal. You can't use charitable foundation money for your own direct benefit.

ccmanuals
09-21-2016, 11:20 AM

The GOP has been cynically pandering to the lowest common denominator for decades, and subsequently disappointing them.

FINALLY the lowest common demoniator has a candidate who is genuinely one of them.

Sums it up pretty well.

Canoeyawl
09-21-2016, 11:28 AM
Trump is now claiming it was a mistake, recognizing the money should not have been paid from the Trump Foundation:

Most people after committing a crime are prosecuted for the crime.
Simply saying "I made a mistake" doesn't make it "OK"

Perhaps he thinks he is better than the rest of us?

RonW
09-21-2016, 11:32 AM
I found it.......the smoking gun....and hillary's stance ...

http://truthaboutguns-zippykid.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Hillary-Cinton-courtesy-straightstoned.com_.jpg

mmd
09-21-2016, 11:37 AM
Nice photoshop...

Norman Bernstein
09-21-2016, 11:39 AM
I found it.......the smoking gun....and hillary's stance ...

Whenever you can't refute a fact, you resort to something like this: some photo-shopped smear.

Are you really just 12 years old? Don't have the intellect and education to make your points without crap like this?

John Smith
09-21-2016, 11:46 AM
You guys are either being disingenuous, or obtuse.

The sttlement agreement with Palm Beach required DONALD TRUMP to make the donation. The check came from the donald trump foundation, not DONALD TRUMP... And it wasnt his money! He settled a private commercial legal dispute by paying with money that was NOT HIS OWN.

Get it now?

Let's try another analogy. Let's use jail time. If one person is convicted of a crime and sentenced to a year in prison, could he have someone else do the time?

Bobcat
09-21-2016, 12:21 PM
It will be interesting to see if anyone tries to defend Trump's misuse of his charity.

Looks as if I was right: silence from anyone attempting to explain why Trump did was proper, legal, or honorable

Bobcat
09-21-2016, 01:06 PM
More grist for the mill

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/09/21/charity-watchdog-calls-trump-foundation-unfocused-clintons-transparent/90775120/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories

RonW
09-21-2016, 01:11 PM
More grist for the mill

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2016/09/21/charity-watchdog-calls-trump-foundation-unfocused-clintons-transparent/90775120/?utm_source=feedblitz&utm_medium=FeedBlitzRss&utm_campaign=usatoday-newstopstories

Transparent ?

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61KMEYcWuAL._SX329_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61nBcpCicgL._SX353_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Norman Bernstein
09-21-2016, 01:14 PM
Transparent ?

Yes, vastly more transparent than the Trump Foundation... your smear-job books notwithstanding. You see, a smear job is easy to do... it doesn't depend on facts at all... telling the truth, however, DOES require resorting to facts.

Something you're apparently not familiar with.

oznabrag
11-13-2016, 07:43 PM

I beg to differ, Mr. Montgomery.

Trump has no intentions good or bad.

He is amoral.

The Party of Segretti has brought its vision to fruition, and the demolition of what we used to call the USA is slated for late January.

It is to be demolished by those who claim to love it.

But don't.

Daniel Noyes
11-13-2016, 08:24 PM
Well, I hardly think it would be possible to demonstrate evidence more damning than THIS one!

It's bad enough that he paid the fine from his own 'charitable' foundation... since Palm Beach is not a charity... but even worse, that it wasn't even his money.

Why hasn't he been indicted for tax fraud on this one? What kind of 'charity' pays it's founder's personal fines and financial obligations, with charitable contributions from donors? The agreement with Palm Beach was that Donald Trump (via his club) would pay the $100,000.... not his foundation, funded by others.

https://img.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_1484w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2016/09/20/National-Politics/Images/image002_c.jpg?uuid=GsRdjn88EeaNE9fHBO-f2Q

Yeah weve all heard this ... or not. over a month ago Tom Ashbrooke did an interview 30 minutes with this WP reporter on NPR all about how Trump used his charity to cover "personal legal expenses" I heard the interview and though "wow that does sound damning" it wasnt until the following day that I heard what those "personal business expenses wer (from a source other than NPR) the Personal legal expense were ... Donations to Charity!!!

OH my goodness!!! Trump donated his personal money from his business to his charitable foundation... then... donated that money to Charity :arg

PS what sort of Anti American, red tape lovin, commie, community fines someone for a flag pole?

David G
11-13-2016, 08:43 PM
Seems to always come down to the size of the pole

Only because the man himself blew it up into a BIG (HUGE, i say... TRUST ME) issue.

oznabrag
11-13-2016, 11:41 PM
Yeah weve all heard this ... or not. over a month ago Tom Ashbrooke did an interview 30 minutes with this WP reporter on NPR all about how Trump used his charity to cover "personal legal expenses" I heard the interview and though "wow that does sound damning" it wasnt until the following day that I heard what those "personal business expenses wer (from a source other than NPR) the Personal legal expense were ... Donations to Charity!!!

OH my goodness!!! Trump donated his personal money from his business to his charitable foundation... then... donated that money to Charity :arg

PS what sort of Anti American, red tape lovin, commie, community fines someone for a flag pole?

That's what makes it a Federal Crime, see?

What sort of Anti-American Fascist POS cheats on his taxes, and calls it 'charity'?

Jimmy W
11-14-2016, 12:39 AM
Welcome back, John.

Daniel Noyes
11-14-2016, 08:01 AM
That's what makes it a Federal Crime, see?

What sort of Anti-American Fascist POS cheats on his taxes, and calls it 'charity'?

Liberals fine with Hillary Mishandling Classified info pertaining to US Nat. Security... want to make a federal case about Trumpys donations to charity!!!

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M587da1440d9475516420d80e0cf28dfco0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=291&h=165 https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M192022119c4cb3ba6321e2275f940c99o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=241&h=171

https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Mbed0b0e50a894c67fcfeca8152b72ed1o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=214&h=161 https://tse3.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M01f096b8ae9c447a54d3254823681b8eo0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=287&h=163 https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M93b3c46a4b8b54fe3b2096c211f6d06eo2&pid=15.1&P=0&w=262&h=175

oznabrag
11-14-2016, 08:39 AM
I see that lies, false equivalence and 'whaahhh, mommy!', will be the weapons of choice for the right wing, going forward.

No surprises there.