PDA

View Full Version : Reviewing the Republican playbook

George Jung
09-20-2016, 10:30 AM
We all know this; several examples of this mindless, unapologetic lying, every day, in our own Bilge:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/09/20/opinion/the-success-of-the-voter-fraud-myth.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=opinion-c-col-left-region&region=opinion-c-col-left-region&WT.nav=opinion-c-col-left-region&_r=0

A bit disheartening when I see otherwise intelligent folk (some of my family among them) fall for this tripe.

RonW
09-20-2016, 10:40 AM
I'm with you george, I know what you mean. This happened to me personally, as much as I hate to admit for a long time I wouldn't believe all the rumors of HIllary using doubles, but now we know the truth

on that one.. And then there is the whole deal and all of the stories concerning her health.....will this stuff ever stop ?

David G
09-20-2016, 11:15 AM
As someone who used to vote Republican regularly... I can only say -- anyone who votes for a Republican these days is either a fool or a traitor. There's too much information available to the open-minded of how they have sold out the interests of 'the people' for the interests of 'the party'... and, therefore, the wealthy who are willing to co-opt them.

George Jung
09-20-2016, 01:17 PM
"Last week, Republicans on the House Financial Services Committee approved a bill designed to hamstring the CFPB. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.), who is married to Wells Fargo board member Elaine Chao, is attempting to push a bill with similar terms through the Senate."

Elizabeth Warren/grilling the CEO of Wells Fargo - excerpt.

John of Phoenix
09-20-2016, 01:46 PM
CFPB = Consumer Finance Protection Bureau

Consumer Protection - now who in their right mind would believe reds would endorse an idea like that?

John of Phoenix
09-20-2016, 01:50 PM
Warren to the WFC CEO -

“Here’s what really gets me about this. If one of your tellers took handful of twenties out of the cash drawer, they could end up in prison,” she continued. “You squeezed your employees to the breaking point so you could cheat customers and drive up value of your stock. And when it all blew up, you kept your job, your multi-million dollar bonuses, and went on TV and blamed thousands of $12-an-hour employees trying to meet cross-sell quotas. You should resign. You should be criminally investigated by Department of Justice and Securities and Exchange Commission.”

It'll never happen regardless of how desperately it needs to be done but I like her idea of investigating DoJ and the SEC.