Why should I not vote for Trump?

Talk to me.
    Originally posted by George Jung
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented
  • Norman Bernstein
    Liberaltarian
    • Nov 2004

Re: Why should I not vote for Trump?

If you don't know the reason to not vote for Trump already, then nothing I could say is likely to mean anything to you.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Comment

• Shang
      • Sep 2000

Originally posted by jack grebe
      Talk to me.
      What language do they speak on your planet?

Comment

• C. Ross
        • May 2007

Jack, two reasons.

First, he's a guy with poor character, judgement and temperament. If you like to vote for the person, he's a bad choice.

Second, he has bad ideas or badly formed ideas. Yeah, he is tapped into people's worries about loss of jobs to countries overseas, and doubts about whether we have immigration under control. But here's the thing: his facts are out of date or wrong in a lot of cases. But most important: his ideas for fixing them are just plain wrong or half-baked.

So id say: if you're angry about the state of America, then give Mr. Trump an attaboy for shaking things up. But that doesn't mean you have to or should vote for him. A lot of times the guy who gets the crowd fired up is not the guy to lead the crowd, you know?

Just leave the Presidential line unmarked if necessary and vote for the other races. But don't give Mr. Trump your support, please. Thank you.

Comment

• George Jung
          • Jan 2004

There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Comment

• Norman Bernstein
            Liberaltarian
            • Nov 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/HillaryCl...810816/video/1

Jack, if that hasn't convinced you, then nothing will.
            "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Comment

• Reynard38
              • Sep 2009

If you were to tell me you are voting for Trump because you don't want to see Hilary in the Oval Office I get it. I don't necessarily agree, but I understand.
              If you tell me you are holding your nose and voting for Clinton because the idea of President Drumph if terrifying, yeah I get that too.

But if you tell me you are wholeheartedly supporting either of these characterless empty (pant)suits well that's where our understanding ends.
              Fight Entropy, build a wooden boat!

Comment

• jack grebe
                Misunderstood
                • Feb 2001

Originally posted by Shang
                What language do they speak on your planet?
                Is this how you treat fence sitters on your planet?

Comment

• Bob Adams
                  • Sep 2000

Originally posted by Reynard38
                  If you were to tell me you are voting for Trump because you don't want to see Hilary in the Oval Office I get it. I don't necessarily agree, but I understand.
                  If you tell me you are holding your nose and voting for Clinton because the idea of President Drumph if terrifying, yeah I get that too.

But if you tell me you are wholeheartedly supporting either of these characterless empty (pant)suits well that's where our understanding ends.
                  Exactly.
                  You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
                  Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• Tom Montgomery
                    Lurking since 1997
                    • Sep 1999

The prospect of Donald Trump as POTUS is so abhorrent to me that I cannot fathom anyone's indecision.
                    "They have a lot of stupid people that vote in their primaries. They really do. I'm not really supposed to say that but it's an obvious fact. But when stupid people vote, you know who they nominate? Other stupid people." -- James Carville on the plethora of low-quality GQP candidates in the mid-term election.

Comment

• jack grebe
                      Misunderstood
                      • Feb 2001

Originally posted by Tom Montgomery
                      The prospect of Donald Trump as POTUS is so abhorrent to me that I cannot fathom anyone's indecision.
                      Amazing how you can toss the opinion of damn near half the country to the wind.

Comment

• Norman Bernstein
                        Liberaltarian
                        • Nov 2004

If you feel that way, then instead of asking why you shouldn't vote for Trump... why not explain to us why you SHOULD vote for Trump.

Comment

• C. Ross
                          • May 2007

Originally posted by Norman Bernstein
                          https://mobile.twitter.com/HillaryCl...810816/video/1

Jack, if that hasn't convinced you, then nothing will.
                          Jack, you can ignore this one.
                          Norman, this ad is just lousy. I'm with comedian Jeff Gerbino's tweet on this ad:

Jeff Gerbino– ‏@GerbinoJeff

@HillaryClinton I agree with you but damn Hillary was that the best you could do last night? You just made debates even more important!

Comment

• C. Ross
                            • May 2007

C'mon, boys, Jack is one of us, and he's opening his mind. And he lives in a swing state! This isn't the time for harsh words.

I stand by what I wrote before, and behind Reynard's words. Voting for Mr. Trump isn't a good idea. Weak candidate, wrong ideas. There's a parade of good conservatives who've abandoned him, and it's OK if you do too. You'll feel better about it afterwards than if you do vote for him.

Comment

• Norman Bernstein
                              Liberaltarian
                              • Nov 2004

Originally posted by C. Ross
                              Jack, you can ignore this one.
                              Norman, this ad is just lousy.
                              Sorry, I can't see it that way. Sure, it's an ad, so it (by definition) has to be simple, not complex or subtle... but every one of the utterances by Trump portrayed in that ad are significant, and cannot be ignored.

We can't judge Trump on the basis of policy...since he's essentially got no policies, stated with any clarity or precision required to judge them. Instead, we have to judge the man by what he says, and the video record is how we do that.

Comment

Working...