PDA

View Full Version : A little humility never hurt anybody...

pkrone
09-07-2016, 07:00 PM
A classmate of mine from college wrote this piece.

http://www.arktimes.com/arkansas/time-for-another-talk/Content?oid=4565953

I still don't like her that much...

CWSmith
09-07-2016, 07:08 PM
I keep thinking that she needs to let down her defenses and just be herself a little. I don't mean she should be vulnerable to the many attacks. She should just show us who she really is. Then I wonder who "she" really is?

Maybe she's been beaten up too many times. Maybe she is a typical lawyer who always holds something close to the vest. I don't know.

I just can't "like" her. I'll vote for her. I will pray that she wins because the alternative is too horrible to consider. I just don't feel as though we will ever know who she really is.

Tom Lathrop
09-07-2016, 07:39 PM
This is probably my second post in the bilge although my member number was 3 digits when they kept track of those in the distant past. Whether or not I or we "like" Clinton has become unimportant relative to what we actually do in this time period.

Donald J. Trump is such a failure as a human being that living with him as our President borders on the unthinkable. No such candidate has ever poked their head out of the slime to be evaluated in this light. The exposure is not pretty to look at. I've never been exposed to anyone I evaluate with such distaste and that is without regard to his supposed politics. Frankly, I have only one evaluation and that is: Trump's policies will always vary to suit the moment and will always depend on what he thinks is better for his personal ego.

CWSmith
09-07-2016, 07:55 PM
Donald J. Trump is such a failure as a human being that living with him as our President borders on the unthinkable. No such candidate has ever poked their head out of the slime to be evaluated in this light. The exposure is not pretty to look at. I've never been exposed to anyone I evaluate with such distaste and that is without regard to his supposed politics. Frankly, I have only one evaluation and that is: Trump's policies will always vary to suit the moment and will always depend on what he thinks is better for his personal ego.

I wonder about McClellan running against Lincoln. Despite ego and promise, he was a miserable failure who thought that only he could save the day. I see parallels with Trump, but I will admit that McClellan had more self control.

David W Pratt
09-08-2016, 10:03 AM
She reminds me of the first female Governor of Texas, Ma Ferguson.
And supporting your candidate by saying the other one is worse is faint praise, indeed

Osborne Russell
09-08-2016, 10:13 AM
Obama doesn't love me. -- Rudy Giuliani