PDA

View Full Version : Const Photos /Tracy O'Brien Design: flats boat

RodB
07-19-2003, 04:34 AM
I've finally got a bunch of construction photos of my shallow water flyfishing skiff available (Designed by Tracy O'Brien), I am further along now and they didn't come out in the order I wanted. I will try to get them in order later on...

Image station "Texas Flats Boat" (http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4289637173&idx=1)

Well, I've finally used these other features, I've never needed to so I just never tried. I'm glad I printed off the posting of how to post pix... http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid71/p74ea9830a599b8d2a048701b11a3b182/fb9c2f77.jpg

[ 07-31-2003, 10:53 PM: Message edited by: RodB ]

NormMessinger
07-19-2003, 08:36 AM
Nice job, rob. :cool:

What are the PVC tubes under the floor boards for? And, the extensions behind the transom?

RodB
07-19-2003, 02:35 PM
Norm,
The PVC tubing runs are for "chases" for running the steering cable, motor controls, fuel lines, etc, from the center console to outboard motor. The boxes (sponsons) on the rear of the transom provide additional lift at and behind the outboard motor, which allows for level running even when taking off, which is important for really shallow waters. Some of the flats we fish in are 8-10 inches as far as the eye can see, and the redfish and Speckeled trout are all around (in the cooler parts of the day) and mainly in "pot holes" as the day warms up.

Thanks Paul, I'm only beginning to use this stuff and I have a little to learn. It looked OK when I first placed it.

[ 07-19-2003, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: RodB ]

warthog5
07-20-2003, 08:26 PM
RodB Nice job, looks Great.
I'd like to point out one thing that I didn't like and it's for your safety.
The bildge pump hose that you used. It looked like you installed the plastic segmented stuff. Is that correct?
As far as I'm conserned that stuff should be outlawed. Not only does it break easy, even when new.It also cut's down on the flow of GPH from the pump.
I'd suggest using the series 162 reinforced poly hose.

RodB
07-21-2003, 09:17 AM
Warthog5,

The bilge pump hose on my larger (1500gph) pump is quite strong and expensive clear with rigid spirals from West Marine for water tanks, etc on large boats. The line on my smaller pump is good old heater hose that is really indestructable. I never even considered the junk they offer for bilge pumps.

RB

warthog5
07-21-2003, 10:57 PM
Glad to hear that. It was hard to tell in the pix's.