PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Paul Girouard?

oznabrag
08-25-2016, 02:04 AM
He was here, but now?

oznabrag
08-25-2016, 02:28 AM
Apparently, he's a candidate for State Representative for the 21st Middlesex district of Massachusetts.

Really?

skuthorp
08-25-2016, 03:24 AM
Good on him, putting your hand up for public office is a big thing to do and I wish him well.

StevenBauer
08-25-2016, 07:25 AM
He posted this yesterday:

Nice work Jim. I hope to be able to comment on your project as you move forward, but I don't think that is going to be allowed, so I wish you the best of luck going forward with your project.

Lew Barrett
08-25-2016, 08:19 AM
Apparently, he's a candidate for State Representative for the 21st Middlesex district of Massachusetts.

Really?

Different Paul Girouard. (http://www.paulgirouard.com/#!meet-paul/c1n8o) I guess it's possible they are related, but our Paul lives in Oak Harbor, Wa. The guy running in MA is not our man.

oznabrag
08-25-2016, 11:03 AM
OF COURSE it's a different Paul Girouard!

I was hoping to troll the grumpy little bursted up, and make him give an accounting of himself!

He does not seem to be in a good way, IMO, and this was my way of getting him to cheer TF up a little.

David G
08-25-2016, 11:18 AM
And, unfortunately, I doubt he's gonna share his concerns here. He seems to insist on feeling abused here. With me, for example, he is adamant about letting my high disdain for his ignorant, wrong-headed political positions color my warm regard for him personally. Despite numerous public and private attempts to point out the distinction. Don't tell me he got booted again already...

delecta
08-25-2016, 11:31 AM
my high disdain for his ignorant, wrong-headed political positions

I would say that the real problem here is your attitude. Does it make you feel superior to speak in such a way about a fellow member? I'll comment no further because we both know the answer.

David G
08-25-2016, 11:39 AM
I would say that the real problem here is your attitude. Does it make you feel superior to speak in such a way about a fellow member? I'll comment no further because we both know the answer.

You promise?

delecta
08-25-2016, 11:59 AM
You promise?

Once you're banned again......which I'm sure is right around corner considering.

ron ll
08-25-2016, 12:02 PM
Maybe the obvious needs to be stated again; this format of conversation has a way of turning innocent jocularity into sour horse crap. Several examples in this thread alone.
(And yes I know, telling someone to lighten up is a sure way to piss 'em off. :) )

oznabrag
08-25-2016, 12:12 PM
I don't know, Ron.

I'm sure I am not alone in that I like Mr. Girouard pretty well, and I think he needs to know that he has a lot of friends here.

Some of his political positions are . . . 'untenable', shall we say, and I am quite certain that he feels the same way about some of my political positions, but he is definitely welcome at my home at any time.

Osborne Russell
08-25-2016, 12:21 PM
I don't know, Ron.

I'm sure I am not alone in that I like Mr. Girouard pretty well, and I think he needs to know that he has a lot of friends here.

Some of his political positions are . . . 'untenable', shall we say, and I am quite certain that he feels the same way about some of my political positions, but he is definitely welcome at my home at any time.

+1 except the sleeping over. Maybe after I finish the bathroom.

oznabrag
08-25-2016, 12:30 PM
+1 except the sleeping over. Maybe after I finish the bathroom.

You should hire Paul Pless. I hear he's a real whiz when it comes to bathrooms!

ron ll
08-25-2016, 12:33 PM
I agree about Paul. I often wonder how some very nice people can get such wrongheaded political ideas. :D I mentioned this to a friend recently and he theorizes that our parents' ideas are harder to break than we think. Hell, I'm still voting for Adlai Stevenson. Just because he now looks like a short woman in a pants suit doesn't matter, I'm still voting for him. :)

oznabrag
08-25-2016, 12:34 PM
My folks voted Stevenson, too! :d

Vince Brennan
08-25-2016, 01:07 PM
I'll comment no further .

From your mouth, etc.

jack grebe
08-25-2016, 01:20 PM
Paul is one of the good guys, I wish him the best.

Paul Pless
08-25-2016, 01:21 PM
Paul is one of the good guys, I wish him the best.

^ this. . .

jack grebe
08-25-2016, 01:28 PM
Just like you to horn in Pless..:D

Paul Pless
08-25-2016, 01:33 PM
You should hire Paul Pless. I hear he's a real whiz when it comes to bathrooms!I'll defer to Ron LL.

ron ll
08-25-2016, 02:29 PM
I'll defer to Ron LL.

Hah. I'm getting closer, only the shower doors, vanity and final painting left. I'm going to get to that real soon now.

Chris Smith porter maine
08-25-2016, 02:44 PM
I miss him too, liked his posts of projects he was working on, classey craftsman. I'll never get near there so fun to see another do it right.

McMike
08-25-2016, 05:43 PM
Hah. I'm getting closer, only the shower doors, vanity and final painting left. I'm going to get to that real soon now.

I only have the door casing, baseboard, and a little painting left. Then it's on to the kitchen!!!!

As for Paul, I respect the guy a lot. He's a grumpy dude but I think he has some extenuating circumstances he's mentioned from time to time, ones that would make me ornery too.

Phil Y
08-25-2016, 05:47 PM
I'm tiling the floor today. It's been a long, slow haul. But getting there.

Lew Barrett
08-26-2016, 07:59 AM
OF COURSE it's a different Paul Girouard!

I was hoping to troll the grumpy little bursted up, and make him give an accounting of himself!

He does not seem to be in a good way, IMO, and this was my way of getting him to cheer TF up a little.

Oops!

Maybe Enny is not feeling well? Here's hoping you're both well and enjoying the summer, Paul.

Boater14
08-26-2016, 10:13 AM
So I can take him off my ignore list. Guy add nothing.

Gerarddm
08-26-2016, 10:19 AM
Paul has had a tough time of it since his wife's stroke, I believe. Unfortunately that anger sometimes slops over here. I hope the best for him, despite our profound political differences.

oznabrag
08-26-2016, 11:30 AM
Oops!

Maybe Enny is not feeling well? Here's hoping you're both well and enjoying the summer, Paul.

This is my concern in a nutshell, Lew, though I forbore to ask him directly when he was makin' fight with me.

I hope our friend Paul can be well.

David G
08-26-2016, 11:37 AM
This is my concern in a nutshell, Lew, though I forbore to ask him directly when he was makin' fight with me.

Just so.

Joe (SoCal)
08-26-2016, 11:51 AM
Paul has had a tough time of it since his wife's stroke, I believe. Unfortunately that anger sometimes slops over here. I hope the best for him, despite our profound political differences.

I admit I was never a fan of his politics and I think he didnt much care for me, but I too hope the best for him especially in his personal life.

Stiletto
08-26-2016, 06:12 PM
I liked his posts. He sure had some interesting carpentry jobs.

I wish him all the best.

johnw
08-26-2016, 06:31 PM

+1.

pipefitter
08-26-2016, 07:58 PM
I like ol' Paul. He's a carpenter and I was a drywaller. We'd be natural born enemies on the job unless we ended up on the same jobs a lot and got to know each other to where we covered each other occasionally. I'd ask him things like. . . ."Wtf, you have beer in your level?" Probably slap a Hillary bumper sticker on his truck when he wasn't looking, or something like that. Unplug his extension cord from the temp pole and put mine in it's place. You know. . . .fun stuff. Carpenters, are half the reason drywallers are grumpy. :D

oznabrag
08-26-2016, 08:43 PM
I like ol' Paul. He's a carpenter and I was a drywaller. We'd be natural born enemies on the job unless we ended up on the same jobs a lot and got to know each other to where we covered each other occasionally. I'd ask him things like. . . ."Wtf, you have beer in your level?" Probably slap a Hillary bumper sticker on his truck when he wasn't looking, or something like that. Unplug his extension cord from the temp pole and put mine in it's place. You know. . . .fun stuff. Carpenters, are half the reason drywallers are grumpy. :D

I recall a job where the contractor, Dennis, was forced to use a new framer.

Now, Dennis always built the weird houses and he was sort of an artist type of a builder, so the drywall man didn't think anything of it when the framer placed all the door headers flush with the top plate.

Of course, his intention was to come back and add the top of the rough opening, but Dennis didn't notice that, and paid him off before he ever got around to that part.

Our drywall man just covered what he was given, and nobody noticed until it was time to hang doors . . .

What a mess.

Paul Girouard
08-26-2016, 09:03 PM
We're fine, don't worry about me / us. Just taking a extended time out, ya all have fun beating up Trump , he's gonna lose so big , it'll be great , it'll be so big!

Paul Pless
08-26-2016, 09:06 PM
huge

oznabrag
08-26-2016, 11:56 PM
We're fine . . .

Good.

All the best!

McMike
08-27-2016, 08:11 AM
Hey Paul, glad to hear. Remember, you've got people who give a sh17 over here.

Jim Ledger
08-27-2016, 09:00 AM
All the best, Paul.

Jim

Peerie Maa
08-27-2016, 09:08 AM
We're fine, don't worry about me / us.

Great news. Huge news. What am I talking about? Anyone?

Canoez
08-27-2016, 09:18 AM
Hey Paul, glad to hear. Remember, you've got people who give a sh17 over here.

Yup! This place is a community for a reason. We may be a dysfunctional community, but we are a community.

David G
08-27-2016, 09:24 AM
We're fine, don't worry about me / us. Just taking a extended time out, ya all have fun beating up Trump , he's gonna lose so big , it'll be great , it'll be so big!

Of course we worry about you.

Regardless of what else is going on in your life... you're still being taken in by cynical, anti-democratic narratives from the RWW. That's VERY worrisome!!! <G>

Seriously.. be well |;)

oznabrag
08-27-2016, 10:46 AM
Of course we worry about you.

Regardless of what else is going on in your life... you're still being taken in by cynical, anti-democratic narratives from the RWW. That's VERY worrisome!!! <G>

Seriously.. be well |;)

David . . . sometimes I swear you would screw up a wet dream.

I might have to decide I don't like you very much.

David G
08-27-2016, 11:21 AM
David . . . sometimes I swear you would screw up a wet dream.

I might have to decide I don't like you very much.

Some folks call it a talent.

Others... terms more pungent.

johnw
08-27-2016, 02:35 PM

It'll be yuuuge!