PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Breakfast

Vince Brennan
08-13-2016, 10:57 PM
I am very fortunate that I have three REALLY wonderful "Jew Food" stores where i can get (really early on Sunday), Some excellent Whitefiish, and Whitefish Salad, Nova Lox, Grav-(normal [so salty you'll cry]-Lox, superb bagels (sesame, Egg, plain and [shudder] cinnamon raisin), and chive/cream-cheese spreads.

Paul Pless
08-14-2016, 04:53 AM
my preferred sunday brekky begins thusly

http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg239/PaulPless/IMG_20160605_103642531_zpsnv5emuhm.jpg

http://liquor.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/classic-bloody-mary.jpg

Peerie Maa
08-14-2016, 05:10 AM
Fruit juice.
High fibre cereal.
A pair of Manx Kippers, as recommended by ACB on the other breakfast thread.
Black coffee.

CWSmith
08-14-2016, 08:28 AM
I am very fortunate that I have three REALLY ... superb bagels ....

I just learned that the only bagel store in my town is losing its lease to the food store next door. There is another about 6 miles away, but not as good, and no others within a reasonable drive that I know of.

Although not traditional, they make a great jalapeno and cheese bagel!

Gerarddm
08-14-2016, 08:32 AM
2 jumbo eggs scrambled, with garlic, pepper, salt.
sauteed prosciutto, mushrooms, green bell pepper mixed in

not quite an omelette, but mighty good. Ezekiel bread ( from Trader Joes ) toast with strawberry preserves and butter. OJ.

David G
08-14-2016, 10:13 AM
Lazy this morning. Iced mocha and cold, whole-grain cereal.

amish rob
08-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Lazy, too. Coffee, lots of cream, some walnuts, 3 apples slathered in almond butter.

Also, frozen blueberries, spirulina powder and watermelon whizzed in the blender. Mmm...

Peace,
Robert

Vince Brennan
08-14-2016, 10:43 AM
Yeh, but it's a tradition... drive to Hymies, give my order at the deli for take home, go over to the restaurant side and have a cuppa and peek at the newspaper while waiting; order is then brought to desk and I pay and boogie.

Rarely over ten minutes, then the dash home while nasally assaulted by the odours of sublime lox and the temptation to "check the pack for tightness / openness / possible mice in it / any good reason to sneak a bit".

Luckily (for my physical well being), it's less than ten minutes home, so even one with my morally indefensible lack of restraint can hold out.

Usually.

Whatever you choose to cook/make/eat, hope you all enjoy yourselves immensely.

Chip-skiff
08-14-2016, 01:18 PM
Sourdough waffles, from the starter we've kept for sixteen years. Chokecherry syrup. Some of that home-cured, smoked bacon, as thin as I could slice it. Strong coffee.

switters
08-15-2016, 11:31 AM
Sunday morning found me at about 9,300 feet with backpack stove, old perc coffee pot, deli bacon, eggs, pepper jack cheese and a pomegranate wheat beer.

A very satisfying breakfast while waiting for the frost to melt off the paddle boards.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
08-15-2016, 11:37 AM
Bacon.
Just bacon.
mmmmmm.......bacon.:)

Canoez
08-15-2016, 11:38 AM
Sunday morning found me at about 9,300 feet with backpack stove, old perc coffee pot, deli bacon, eggs, pepper jack cheese and a pomegranate wheat beer.

A very satisfying breakfast while waiting for the frost to melt off the paddle boards.

Would have killed for a little frost this weekend. Was camping this weekend and sleeping in the tent, it felt like being suffocated by a wet mitten. First half of the night on top of the sleeping bag and the last half with it flipped over part of you.

Oh - but Sunday Breakfast. Omelettes filled with sauteed peppers and onions, hash browns and cheese, and French press coffee. All on a single burner.

Dale R. Hamilton
08-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Bagel, lox, creme cheese, onion slice and a tomato slice for moisture. Lots of black coffee and the NY Times. Same every Sunday

CWSmith
10-16-2016, 09:08 AM
I got a "new" cheddar cheese yesterday (it was new for me). Today I had to take it for a test cook. It had a nice crumble, so that's a good indication it will be fairly sharp, but it also had some nice creaminess. So I made an omelet with it. Lovely! It's a good start to a good day.

Paul Pless
10-16-2016, 09:09 AM
kat's making quiche as we speak

CWSmith
10-16-2016, 09:20 AM
More weeks than not, Sunday breakfast is the best meal of the week!

wizbang 13
10-16-2016, 10:02 AM
Steel cut oats, fruit, spirulina, cod liver oil, kelp ,stevia and soy beverage all in the blender.
Same as every other day.....That I am home,
https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8552/30363230105_be0372b82e_z_d.jpg

David G
10-16-2016, 10:11 AM
We had a feast y'day, so I'm going with just coffee this morning. Maybe by lunch, I'll be ready for food again.

CWSmith
10-23-2016, 02:17 PM
I had the same thing two mornings in a row (so nice, I had it twice): omelet with sharp cheddar and pepperoni.

I know it might sound odd, but it was GOOD!

Peerie Maa
10-23-2016, 02:55 PM
Rather than the usual fry up, a pair of kippers followed the juice and porridge.

StevenBauer
10-23-2016, 02:57 PM
We were up early to test ride a motorbike a few towns away and after the ride noticed a cute little breakfast place across the street. It was fantastic! Homemade corned beef hash with three poached eggs cooked to perfection. Great coffee, too.

Steven

CWSmith
10-23-2016, 03:02 PM
We were up early to test ride a motorbike a few towns away and after the ride noticed a cute little breakfast place across the street. It was fantastic! Homemade corned beef hash with three poached eggs cooked to perfection. Great coffee, too.

You are close to "That Breakfast Place"? I think it moved to Damarascotta? I haven't eaten there in years, but it was great!

Rum_Pirate
10-23-2016, 03:22 PM
This morning, four(4) hard boiled eggs with salt and pepper and a cup of Twinings 'English Breakfast' tea.

Your breakfasts sound in part a bit more appetising (certainly the Bloody Mary) than mine. :D

Rich Jones
10-23-2016, 03:31 PM
Threads like this make me long for the suburbs that we left five years ago to move to the mountains. Back then, after church, there were dozens of places for whatever your heart desired. That's the only thing I miss about the suburbs. Well, that and shopping. Can't even buy a decent pair of underwear around here...
Now, we've got one or two places to eat, but no decent bagels. Just made myself an omelet today.

Rum_Pirate
10-23-2016, 04:05 PM
Threads like this make me long for the suburbs that we left five years ago to move to the mountains. Back then, after church, there were dozens of places for whatever your heart desired. That's the only thing I miss about the suburbs. Well, that and shopping. Can't even buy a decent pair of underwear around here...
Now, we've got one or two places to eat, but no decent bagels. Just made myself an omelet today.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

There lots of people that would love to live your lifestyle.

Breakaway
10-23-2016, 05:56 PM
The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

There lots of people that would live to live your lifestyle.

I'm one of em, Rich. I already live way further from a major airport than I should ( 1.5 hours) but burbs is as far as I can get.

But, I did go out early and bring back a dozen bagels, lox, cream cheese, etc for the family this morning!

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro