PDA

View Full Version : self-explanatory

Norman Bernstein
08-05-2016, 12:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSE-XoVKaXg

The Bigfella
08-05-2016, 12:42 AM
The guy should be a diplomat. He can run any argument that's needed.

Paul Pless
08-05-2016, 06:57 AM
The guy should be a diplomat. He can run any argument that's needed.kinda like the real aussie politics thread

C. Ross
08-05-2016, 07:22 AM
If the video had a nice cover picture of Mr. Trump and a title like "We can trust Trump!" it might be seen by the right people.

xflow7
08-05-2016, 07:32 AM
If the video had a nice cover picture of Mr. Trump and a title like "We can trust Trump!" it might be seen by the right people.

You are so right. The snarky tag-lines and gimmicks that often accompany videos/articles exposing Trump's hypocrisy, lies, and ineptitude serve well to amuse those who are already aware. But they virtually guarantee that they will be dismissed as partisan hack-jobs without viewing/reading by the very audience that should really see them.

It's totally self-defeating.

Dave

Norman Bernstein
08-05-2016, 09:41 AM

I wish I could have edited out that graphic at the very beginning.... because the rest of the video was about as on-point as any video could get. I wish I could chain some of our Trump supporter participants here, and force them to watch the clip... and then explain why they STILL support Trump.

TomF
08-05-2016, 10:03 AM
It doesn't matter. Really. Trump's solid supporters already know this. They don't care - to them, it's like waterboarding a suspected terrorist.

A strong leader is willing to do technically immoral but necessary stuff, to ultimately set things right again. It's OK to cheat, as long as you win. In fact, cheating and having everyone know that you're getting away with it proves your strength. If the goody-goody types had been strong enough, they'd have been willing to do what's necessary to take you down.

The scary thing is that America's got to the point that Trump's supporters see their fellow citizens as folks that it'd be OK to (metaphorically) waterboard.

Peerie Maa
08-05-2016, 10:36 AM
The scary thing is that America's got to the point that Trump's supporters see their fellow citizens as folks that it'd be OK to (metaphorically) waterboard.

Quelle surprise, a lot of US citizens think it OK if they are shot.

C. Ross
08-05-2016, 11:55 AM
Quelle surprise, a lot of US citizens think it OK if they are shot.

I understand why you'd think that. It's not "a lot" of us. But it is "a lot of the loudmouths" and "many of the bigots".

Peerie Maa
08-05-2016, 12:09 PM
I understand why you'd think that. It's not "a lot" of us. But it is "a lot of the loudmouths" and "many of the bigots".

Look at it this way. How many post regularly on here? A couple of dozen?

Of which at least two have said that dead Americans are a fair price to pay for "Freedom". Then there is a larger proportion who argue for the maintenance of the status quo.

Multiply those ratios up by the adult population of the US and you get a shed load of people who tolerate Americans killing Americans.

Crude I know, but indicative.