PDA

View Full Version : Poll: How long will the radical right stick with Trump?

Norman Bernstein
08-04-2016, 01:17 PM
It's a good question. With the wheels of Trump's campaign coming off, the question is when and how will they bail out?

Chris Smith porter maine
08-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Beyond the end, and right into a new Trump type talk radio network, it is going to be huge.

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
08-04-2016, 01:40 PM
Till hell freezes over.

Sky Blue
08-04-2016, 01:50 PM
The Real Clear average showed a difference of just 6 points this morning, in spite of all of the virtue signaling from bought and paid for establishment types in the Republican Party coupled with an onslaught of elite media hatred over the last 10 days. Despite all of it, the race remains fairly close. Imagine where the race would be if the media fairly covered events with just modicum of journalistic integrity. To do so, however, would tend to erode Mrs. Clinton's standing and force voters to actually consider Mrs. Clinton's record, and so we get 10 days of the Khan affair, as if that event is representative in some manner of the critical issues facing voters, and the country, in the near term.

Free yourself from the lies. You're being manipulated.

Norman Bernstein
08-04-2016, 01:53 PM
The Real Clear average showed a difference of just 6 points this morning, in spite of all of the virtue signaling from bought and paid for establishment types in the Republican Party coupled with an onslaught of elite media hatred over the last 10 days. Despite all of it, the race remains fairly close. Imagine where the race would be if the media fairly covered events with just modicum of journalistic integrity. To do so, however, would tend to erode Mrs. Clinton's standing and force voters to actually consider Mrs. Clinton's record, and so we get 10 days of the Khan affair, as if that event is representative in some manner of the critical issues facing voters, and the country, in the near term.

So, you're in denial that the past 72 hours have been disastrous for Trump?

We'll be keeping track of posts like this... they'll be interesting to look back on.

Bob Cleek
08-04-2016, 01:55 PM
I guess it depends on how you define the "radical right." The spectrum runs from "principled conservatives" to "bat**** crazies."

Sky Blue
08-04-2016, 02:00 PM
So, you're in denial that the past 72 hours have been disastrous for Trump?

They've been absolutely disastrous. That's quite my point. And yet he's within 6 points, despite his own mistakes, and with the media focusing on those to the exclusion, really, of any coverage of issues of substance in this election (trade, immigration, crime and cops, terror) nor any meaningful examinations into Mrs. Clinton's record or policy positions, which have flipped and flopped like a fish brought up onto the deck of a boat.

Keep track of this one, too.

Joe (SoCal)
08-04-2016, 02:03 PM
They've been absolutely disastrous. That's quite my point. And yet he's within 6 points, despite his own mistakes, and with the media focusing on those to the exclusion, really, of any coverage of issues of substance in this election (trade, immigration, crime and cops, terror) nor any meaningful examinations into Mrs. Clinton's record or policy positions, which have flipped and flopped like a fish brought up onto the deck of a boat.

Keep track of this one, too.

THis mornings numbers, even Texas is turning pink and Florida it getting bluer ;)

https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/t31.0-8/13914140_10208292015071481_1690471549865713877_o.j pg

Keith Wilson
08-04-2016, 02:05 PM
. . . in spite of all of the virtue signaling from bought and paid for establishment types in the Republican Party coupled with an onslaught of elite media hatred . . . Ooooh, well done, Mr Blue! All the whining buzzwords in one short sentence! "Virtue signaling", 'elite media hatred", "bought and paid for", "establishment types" . . . The only one you're missing is how the election will be "rigged", but I'm sure that will be along shortly.

Bobcat
08-04-2016, 02:11 PM
Ooooh, well done, Mr Blue! All the whining buzzwords in one short sentence! "Virtue signaling", 'elite media hatred", "bought and paid for", "establishment types" . . . The only one you're missing is how the election will be "rigged", but I'm sure that will be along shortly.

"Whining buzzwords...." well put and there will be more.

oznabrag
08-04-2016, 02:25 PM
nor any meaningful examinations into Mrs. Clinton's record or policy positions

Now you're just making stuff up. . . again.

Osborne Russell
08-04-2016, 02:34 PM
Ooooh, well done, Mr Blue! All the whining buzzwords in one short sentence! "Virtue signaling", 'elite media hatred", "bought and paid for", "establishment types" . . . The only one you're missing is how the election will be "rigged", but I'm sure that will be along shortly.

Stabbed in the back by Jewish Communist intellectuals and international financiers, victimized and humiliated by European Great Powers.

Keith Wilson
08-04-2016, 02:39 PM
Stabbed in the back by Jewish Communist intellectuals and international financiers, victimized and humiliated by European Great Powers.Oh, my. http://emoticoner.com/files/emoticons/smiley_faces/shocked-smiley-face.gif

Bobcat
08-04-2016, 02:39 PM
Stabbed in the back by Jewish Communist intellectuals and international financiers, victimized and humiliated by European Great Powers.

And the Tri-Lateral Commission.

Keith Wilson
08-04-2016, 02:40 PM
The first time as tragedy, the second as farce. I hope.

Osborne Russell
08-04-2016, 02:55 PM
One guy knows the system very well, which is what makes him the only one who can deal with it. Nur Trump.

http://www.third-reich-posters.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/Nur-Hitler.jpg

Osborne Russell
08-04-2016, 02:58 PM
The first time as tragedy, the second as farce. I hope.

Hopefully. One does wonder if Hitler's pitch had a stronger foundation in reality.

oznabrag
08-04-2016, 04:51 PM
Hopefully. One does wonder if Hitler's pitch had a stronger foundation in reality.

I literally laughed out loud!

Gerarddm
08-04-2016, 04:55 PM
The larger issue than Drumpf is what he will spawn. Ugh.

CWSmith
08-04-2016, 04:59 PM
There is no doubt that he is setting up for the post-election attention he will get from those who will argue that the election was stolen.

Sky Blue
08-04-2016, 05:37 PM
This 11-year old Trump supporter wants to make sure Mike Pence isn't going soft on policy. Pretty "radical."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/04/politics/pence-trump-question-young-boy/index.html

Garret
08-04-2016, 05:47 PM
I guess it depends on how you define the "radical right." The spectrum runs from "principled conservatives" to "bat**** crazies."

The principled conservatives don't even make it on the chart of the radical right. Heck, nowadays I'm not sure hard core libertarians even do.

PeterSibley
08-04-2016, 05:50 PM
Eleven? Isn't that the average intellectual age of Trump supporters ?

TomF
08-04-2016, 05:58 PM
The loons who were with him as Birthers will never leave. A bunch who follow him because he is a winner will desert him when he becomes a loser. Some before election day, more soon after.

Those people will follow the next strong guy, and unfortunately, he's out there somewhere. Trump has normalized this style, at least temporarily.

RFNK
08-04-2016, 06:01 PM
I think you're glossing it up a bit there Peter! You can reason with most 11 year olds. I see Clint Eastwood is a Trump supporter - we've seen him make loads of sacrifices! Oh, that's right .....

I'm told Daffy Duck is a supporter too!

Rick

skuthorp
08-04-2016, 06:06 PM
"nor any meaningful examinations into Mrs. Clinton's record or policy positions,"
Even given you have a leg to stand on SB there's no room, Donald is hogging the headlines as is his wont by making wild fictional statements to keep the focus on him. Which might be a good idea except for Donald it just exposes what he would do well to eschew.

PeterSibley
08-04-2016, 06:11 PM
I think you're glossing it up a bit there Peter! You can reason with most 11 year olds. I see Clint Eastwood is a Trump supporter - we've seen him make loads of sacrifices! Oh, that's right .....

I'm told Daffy Duck is a supporter too!

Rick

True, my eleven year old grand daughter is entirely reasonable.

elf
08-04-2016, 06:16 PM
The birthers will never desert, and they will nurse their feelings of being ripped off by the system 'til they die.

The white supremacists will move on to the next hero.

The bible belters will do what their ministers tell them. Many of those may opt to not vote.

There are no other types among his supporters.

But the "party fidelity" crowd, who are irrelevant to those who believe in Mr. Trump, will hedge and then not vote for President in the voting booth.

If Trump wins, Pence will be President. That's the whole point of nominating Pence. Trump has already made it clear that he has no intention of actually presiding. He'll just be a cheerleader for Pence.

Sky Blue
08-04-2016, 06:20 PM
^ to # 26:

Karl Rove says the door is closing and if Trump can't get back on message, and soon, he's finished.

The Trump phenomenon has the curious aspect that it only "works" when he appears to be "winning." When he's not, it very much appears like a circus act gone out of rhythm. This last week has reflected very poorly on his judgment, fair or not. I think he's a candidate in search of an event that will allow him to get back to his narratives. If he doesn't get one soon, it could be over.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/victory-is-slipping-away-for-trump-1470265540

PeterSibley
08-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Do we wait for a "terrorist" bombing now ?

C. Ross
08-04-2016, 06:36 PM
^ to # 26:

Karl Rove says the door is closing and if Trump can't get back on message, and soon, he's finished.

The Trump phenomenon has the curious aspect that it only "works" when he appears to be "winning." When he's not, it very much appears like a circus act gone out of rhythm. This last week has reflected very poorly on his judgment, fair or not. I think he's a candidate in search of an event that will allow him to get back to his narratives. If he doesn't get one soon, it could be over.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/victory-is-slipping-away-for-trump-1470265540

An insightful post.
I agree that when his campaign isn't working it looks like a circus act gone out of rhythm.
But when his campaign is working it resembles something quite a bit more grotesque.

Sky Blue
08-04-2016, 06:51 PM
How about this for strategy and resetting the narrative. Trump goes into Wisconsin and campaigns hard for Nehlen and gets Paul Ryan's scalp. Don't know if that is possible, but backchannel stuff says Ryan's people are taking nothing for granted and Ryan is avoiding the cameras to avoid questions about the issues Nehlen has raised (Trump issues).

It certainly would change up the narrative for Trump, the media would totally be in on it, wall-to-wall. And if it worked, he'd be a "winner" again. The dissenters would fall in line or would themselves risk being primaried by ersatz Trumps. Of course, if he lost, his hand would be weakened, and Ryan's, strengthened.

Vince Brennan
08-04-2016, 06:57 PM
OK, Blooey... NOW who's "virtue Signalling"?

Seems that it's more or less an "S.O.S."

elf
08-04-2016, 06:59 PM
Trump doesn't campaign for anyone but himself. So scratch that.

C. Ross
08-04-2016, 07:23 PM
#32. I hope he does.

Ryan could be Trump's Gregor Strasser.

Chris Coose
08-04-2016, 08:37 PM
There will always be the 30% who will glom onto the most rabid nasty hater they can vote for so as not to be associated with even the slightest hint they might be identified with any form of liberalism.
For most of them this association would be their greatest nightmare.

TomF
08-04-2016, 08:49 PM
^ to # 26:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.wsj.com/amp/articles/victory-is-slipping-away-for-trump-1470265540astonishing -we agree. It's amusing that it took Rove and the WSJ saying it rather than reading my post earlier in the thread, but still. ;)

Boatfix
08-04-2016, 09:43 PM

Trump today did a great job in pointing out the dismal job this president with Hillary as his SOS have done. This new scandal with the 400 million paid for hostages and as a sweetener for the Iran deal is going to be a game changer. The more that is found out about this latest secret plane delivery of cash payment to the Iranians the more the Obama administration will sink and the more Hillary will be affected as the candidate that will carry on a third term for Obama. Trump will stay on message from now on and the difference in policies between Trump and Hillary are massive. When you look at these differences in relation to the country's "priorities" Trump will win.

It ain't over till the fat lady sings.

David G
08-04-2016, 09:49 PM
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13882668_1198469276872405_1289451554096918161_n.jp g?oh=53358e20d1ff3bd45cebdc9586658e23&oe=5811D1E8

Duncan Gibbs
08-05-2016, 03:39 AM

Pass the dutchy to the left hand side.

Eleven? Isn't that the average intellectual age of Trump supporters ?
That's an insult to eleven year olds.

AndyG
08-05-2016, 04:29 AM

There are those who say the US doesn't 'get' irony. What can I say? This is marvellous. Sky Blue at his very best. Please keep it up, the Bilge would be a poorer place without such gems.

Andy

John A. Campbell
08-05-2016, 02:01 PM
It's not given as an option above, but I predict they will abandon him in great numbers immediately following the first debate....assuming there is a debate.

Tom Montgomery
08-05-2016, 04:05 PM
We'll be keeping track of posts like this... they'll be interesting to look back on.
You betcha!

John A. Campbell
08-05-2016, 05:05 PM
If Trump REALLY wants to be President (and I don't think he does) , he should do all he can to avoid a debate with Hillary.....she will, as Lindsay Graham said, "beat him like a drum". Graham (not one of my favorite people) was referring to the election but the same thing will apply to a debate......simply put, she is a political animal and he is not and she will make a fool of him.

RFNK
08-05-2016, 05:33 PM
Not possible.

Rick

David G
08-05-2016, 05:46 PM
Who's still in his camp? Here's a reasonably recent 'cheat sheet' -- http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/08/where-republicans-stand-on-donald-trump-a-cheat-sheet/481449/

Reynard38
08-05-2016, 05:59 PM
This 11-year old Trump supporter wants to make sure Mike Pence isn't going soft on policy. Pretty "radical."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/04/politics/pence-trump-question-young-boy/index.html

I KNEW I'd seen this kid before!

https://youtu.be/6UKWEZ1LnhM

David G
08-05-2016, 06:37 PM
And... how long will he stick with them???

http://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/trump--if-my-polls-fall--ill-get-out-of-the-race-538232387661