PDA

View Full Version : To much rhetoric

John Smith
08-02-2016, 08:49 AM
I think people saying things the long way gets in the way

If I interviewed any Bernie or bust people, I'd simply point out that President Clinton is likely to sign into law anything Bernie can get through congress. Trump will veto it. If they are concerned about the issues Bernie brought to the fore, that seems all they should consider.

In Climate change discussions, I'd ask simply: If it turns out not to be a hoax, what is the upside of ignoring it? If it is a hoax, and we use less energy, get off oil and coal, what's the downside?

Maybe its just me, but the more complex, just by using more words, the conversation becomes, the more people don't follow it.

PhaseLockedLoop
08-02-2016, 09:14 PM
I think people saying things the long way gets in the way

If I interviewed any Bernie or bust people, I'd simply point out that President Clinton is likely to sign into law anything Bernie can get through congress. Trump will veto it. If they are concerned about the issues Bernie brought to the fore, that seems all they should consider.

In Climate change discussions, I'd ask simply: If it turns out not to be a hoax, what is the upside of ignoring it? If it is a hoax, and we use less energy, get off oil and coal, what's the downside?

Maybe its just me, but the more complex, just by using more words, the conversation becomes, the more people don't follow it.

Your ideas are indeed simple.