X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Joe (SoCal)
    Banned
    • Feb 2002

Just some AMAZING beaches here.

We have my buddy and his absolutely terrific sons visiting for the week. We finally got his youngest to the beach this morning. It's a new beach for us so we didn't know what to expect . Like many of the small secluded beaches in Laguna this little gem is a hidden gate off the PCH. The beach is called 1,000 steps for good reason.

It had tide pool's and a cave that led to more tide pools but the tide was coming in and we chose not to explore.

• Paul Pless
    pinko commie tree hugger
    • Oct 2003

Re: Just some AMAZING beaches here.

Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.

Comment

• StevenBauer
      LPBC member
      • Jan 2000

We saw some awesome beaches in France last week. Like these:

Hey, Joe, on the plane back from France we saw the first few episodes of the second season of "The Affair" with all those scenes from Cold Spring. Have you seen them yet?

Steven

Comment

• Stiletto
        Grant S
        • Jan 2003

Beautiful! Do be careful when swimming at isolated surf beaches you dont know.
        There is nothing quite as permanent as a good temporary repair.

Comment

• Chip-skiff
          Wolves Without Borders
          • Jan 2008

Nice pics, Joe. If you have photo editing on your computer. you can make 'em nicer.

With minimal editing, to reduce the glare and highlights, you get this—

I use iPhoto, the resident Mac program. Nothing fancy, but it does make it possible to present your photos as your eye sees them, rather than how the cameral captures them.

Comment

• Joe (SoCal)
            Banned
            • Feb 2002

Steven, nice photo's of French beaches.

Chip, I got to say I kinda like my version better JMHO

Comment

• Chip-skiff
              Wolves Without Borders
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Joe (SoCal)
              Chip, I got to say I kinda like my version better JMHO
              Can't argue with that.

Comment

• SchoonerRat
                • Mar 2008

Laguna is great for small coves surrounded by rocky cliffs. There are lots of these picturesque beaches there. My fave is Moss Cove. I spent my early years on the long wide sandy beaches of Long Beach, The South Bay, Huntington, Seal, Bolsa Chica, and Newport. To me, these are SoCal. I love riding my bike on a concrete ribbon embedded in the sand just tens of yards from the shoreline. The riverside bike paths will give you an enjoyable ride from the mountains to the sea; even through some of the worst parts of LA and OC.

Welcome to Cali. It's a great place to be outside! (sorry about the dearth of catboats)
                Schooner sailors love to get blown offshore!

Comment

• Canoeyawl
                  • Jun 2003

(My wife grew up there, when the population was small and a small home within walking distance of the beach was about $10K!)
                  Yes, welcome to California, and just wait until the middle of January, when you may find you need to throw all the windows open!

Comment

• John Meachen
                    • Jan 2004

Further to Steven's praise of French beaches,this one is on the western side of the Quiberon peninsula.

Comment

• P.I. Stazzer-Newt
                      obnoxiously persistent.
                      • Jan 2005

I'd much rather lay in my bunk all freakin day lookin at Youtube videos .

Comment

• Canoeyawl
                        • Jun 2003

About 300 miles north of Joe, this is US route 1 at rush hour on Friday afternoon, Scott Creek with the fog just drifting in for the evening. About halfway between San Francisco and Santa Cruz.
                        (I lived as a recluse on the hill just above that beach all through the 1970's, dining on stolen Brussels sprouts, potatoes, onions and venison. The entire coast line is planted in Brussels sprouts for about 20 miles)

Comment

• Gerarddm
                          #RESIST
                          • Feb 2010

Gawd, haven't been to a good beach in 15 years. And I had to go to the Cinque Terre to do it. :-)
                          Gerard>
                          Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Comment

• LeeG
                            • May 2002

Originally posted by Canoeyawl
                            About 300 miles north of Joe, this is US route 1 at rush hour on Friday afternoon, Scott Creek with the fog just drifting in for the evening. About halfway between San Francisco and Santa Cruz.
                            (I lived as a recluse on the hill just above that beach all through the 1970's, dining on stolen Brussels sprouts, potatoes, onions and venison. The entire coast line is planted in Brussels sprouts for about 20 miles)

Nearly every other weekend in the spring of '74 I rode my bike from SF to Santa Cruz to see my gf going to UC Santa Cruz. 3 1/2 hrs down 4 1/2 hrs back. That little stretch in the photo was so great because it was down hill and down wind with good paved shoulders but sand would drift into the shoulder. The sun warms up the road and sand. Sometimes warm with smell of sage like brush and other times cool seaweed smell. 30mph downhill to 20mph on the flat stretch with no effort. Wait, 2 3/4 down 3 1/2 back sometimes.

Comment

Working...