PDA

View Full Version : Chris Froome has style

LeeG
07-13-2016, 11:44 AM
In a stage that should have been all sprinters he and a teammate got on Sagans wheel and gained gc time.

http://www.eurosport.com/cycling/tour-de-france/2016/froome-extends-lead-after-finishing-behind-stage-11-winner-sagan-in-montpellier_sto5685439/story.shtml

In a stage that was supposed to culminate in a bunch sprint between the race's fast men, Froome pulled off a sensational coup by taking 12 seconds off his main GC rivals as a frustrated peloton rolled home in his wake.
"It was something crazy that happened. I didn't believe it," Sagan said after his latest show of panache. "When Froomey and Geraint Thomas came with us I knew we were too strong for them to catch up. It was unbelievable.

"Today there was a crazy wind but it was not planned. We knew to stay near the front, but to go in a break with the green jersey, the yellow jersey and two guys like Bodnar and Thomas - you cannot plan that. It just happened." Froome echoed Sagan's sentiment, stressing that he and Thomas had acted on sheer impulse. "I was surprised as well," he said. "Wow, Sagan was just a machine. There was a gap and we got across to him and then it was full gas. We heard on the radio that it was 15, 20 seconds so we pressed on. But that was so hard."

SMARTINSEN
07-13-2016, 12:12 PM
Got a 404 error on the link.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
07-13-2016, 12:17 PM
That was a real thriller.

Mont Ventoux has rumoured 100kph winds at the summit - tomorrow's finish may by lowered by 500 metres.

LeeG
07-13-2016, 12:23 PM
Got a 404 error on the link.

Fixed