PDA

View Full Version : Pee in the can conundrum.

lupussonic
06-28-2016, 03:17 PM
So, I'm working away, and as my employer isn't paying for digs, I thought I'd camp in a nearby campsite. I'm in my tent right now, I'm really tired, I'm in my sleeping bag, and it's hammering down with rain right now. I got my radio on, had a Thai curry for dinner, and have a six pack of tasty real ale beside me, half of one down.

Problem is, I need a pee. I could finish the beer and pee in the can, but then I'd have to have another pee real soon. So I could drink the next beer and pee in that empty can, but then it's going to go on and on and on, until I'm pretty drunk, have peed in ALL the empty beer cans, and STILL might need to go some more...it looks quite tricky to perform besides being in a tent, soon to be dark. Think if the consequences of failure.

I have a 2 litre bottle of mineral water with me too, but I'm just not going there.

My normal MO is to have an empty 5 litre cider jug with me (wide neck of course), but I don't have one and am in a real jam.

What should I do?https://www.dropbox.com/s/8w5od6niggewlxg/File%2028-06-2016%2C%2020%2002%2048.jpeg?dl=0

Jim Mahan
06-28-2016, 03:23 PM
Lean out of the tent as far as you can and dump the first can whenever. Or suck it up and just go out in the rain; you've been wet before, right?

Didja ever whizz from on high, as it were?

There's always that good old parental advice, 'you shoulda thought about that before you got in the car.'

John of Phoenix
06-28-2016, 03:28 PM
This is just one reason that I'll never spend another night in a tent for as long as I live.

lupussonic
06-28-2016, 03:38 PM
Didja ever whizz from on high, as it were?

What, like off the top of a mountain?

miketaylor
06-28-2016, 03:41 PM
You could be persuaded.

Start with this:

http://wetu.com/ImageHandler/h1160x432/21571/Luxury%20tent%20view%201.jpg

Looks good. He could always pee in the teapot.

Mike

John of Phoenix
06-28-2016, 03:50 PM
That brandy set is a nice touch.

Ok, that beats the hell out of everything I've seen before but who all is gonna pitch and strike that big boy?

Jim Mahan
06-28-2016, 03:51 PM
What, like off the top of a mountain?

The top of the towers you climb foryour job.

Donn
06-28-2016, 03:51 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcL678AASFc

lupussonic
06-28-2016, 03:55 PM
You have me eyeing up my morning coffee kettle... :((

Dave Wright
06-28-2016, 03:57 PM
Reminds me of an incident when I was 7 years old. We were at a rural Canadian lake for an afternoon of summer swimming. My parents were with other couples; they had already changed into their swim suits in this very small woden changing booth in a bigger building housing a number of such booths. So I'm in this booth with two other friends of roughly my age and we're changing into our swim suits. The planked floor has spaces between the boards, approximately 1/4 inch to 3/8 inch spaces. Bobby says, "Do you think we could pee down those cracks?" Larry, who is a year older than us says, "Bobby, that's not a good idea." I say, "Maybe we could."

The incident ends with my father pulling open the door and saying "What's taking you kids so long? Then roughly pulling me out of there and growling "Did you do make any of that mess?"

So stop drinking beer, get the hell out of that tent, and take a pee in the toilet, or at least under a tree away from any other people. The rain is no excuse.

lupussonic
06-28-2016, 03:59 PM
The top of the towers you climb foryour job.

Never. Impossible to unclench. Besides, have you ever been in a harness?

Occasionally a a sneaky round the back of an oil rig leg...

lupussonic
06-28-2016, 04:03 PM
My sleeping bag is sooooo warm and fluffy....

and my bladder is a big and hard as a saucepan.

Canoeyawl
06-28-2016, 04:06 PM
The problem with peeing in an empty beer can is it's no longer empty...

John of Phoenix
06-28-2016, 04:06 PM
and my bladder is a big and hard as a saucepan.Well, just don't listen to the rain. That could really make things difficult. Sleep well. :)

George Jung
06-28-2016, 04:07 PM
That brandy set is a nice touch.

Ok, that beats the hell out of everything I've seen before but who all is gonna pitch and strike that big boy?

What? Yer married, aren't ya?

George Jung
06-28-2016, 04:08 PM
The problem with peeing in an empty beer can is it's no longer empty...

Yeah.... when you reach for that 'next beer', stay focused!

John of Phoenix
What? Yer married, aren't ya?I literally LOL. Yeah, like THAT'S gonna happen. :D

Canoeyawl
I thought Doc was going to suggest a catheter...

Michael Beckman
06-28-2016, 04:11 PM
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13100731_10154193166899571_5823324567442690408_n.j pg?oh=8a12e28377c0a129eebd5e6aa2f0eccb&oe=57EC2B27
I just climb a bit down the ladder, still covered from the rain. Easy.

lupussonic
06-28-2016, 04:20 PM
Anyone else ever drink they're own urine? Or anyone else's? Would you be able to tell which was which in a blind test?

I've heard it's very medicinal, physically at least, though the psychological effects are scantly recorded.

I'm just curious, as it could be the answer to my present predicament.

Canoeyawl
06-28-2016, 04:23 PM
Never have, but I had a pal that drank gasoline from a wine bottle while camping on board his small craft, the "Hot Sake"

It was a trip to the hospital

(Only one of that team is smiling, what's up with that?)

Captain Intrepid
06-28-2016, 04:26 PM
This is why I love my hammock. I stick my legs out the door, slip on my boots, and I'm out.

http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/sections/gear/shelter/HTHH_Images/hh01setup.jpg

John of Phoenix
06-28-2016, 04:26 PM
Survival school discouraged drinking urine except in the most dire situations - lost at sea, stranded in the desert. Basically you're putting back what you just threw out. It's mildly toxic but it builds up quickly.

It's sterile and great for cleaning wounds though - almost as good as maggots (which you CAN consume).

Shang
06-28-2016, 04:30 PM
It is rumored that the scent of human urine repels bears, so as long as you're getting up anyway walk a circle around your tent--think of it as a bear moat.

Shang
06-28-2016, 04:50 PM
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b378/Catherine__/Little%20Girl/Psycho/bear.jpg

Phil Y
06-28-2016, 04:51 PM
Never have, but I had a pal that drank gasoline from a wine bottle while camping on board his small craft, the "Hot Sake"

What, are you saying they have faces?

lupussonic
06-28-2016, 04:55 PM
Still raining...hard. Still hard. Still holding.

I once lived in the back room of a recording studio, located in the 5th floor of an industrial building. After a fine night at the local pub, I got back and into bed, only to awake at 3am needing to go. I employed an empty 2 litre water bottle for this purpose, but to my surprise brimmed it and still needed to go 5 floors down to the only available toilet for more.

Next time your near a fridge in a fuel station, getting a drink for your journey, think of me. I still do not comprehend how one of those can fit in a human body.

SMARTINSEN
06-28-2016, 06:57 PM
https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/13100731_10154193166899571_5823324567442690408_n.j pg?oh=8a12e28377c0a129eebd5e6aa2f0eccb&oe=57EC2B27
I just climb a bit down the ladder, still covered from the rain. Easy.

Nice can o' pee.

Bobcat
06-28-2016, 07:10 PM
So we're cleaning out the garage and me wyfe finds a liter plastic hiking bottle. "We need to throw that away." Why I asked? "It's got that bad plastic that leaches chemicals into the water." Um, it's my in-the-tent pee bottle. "Oh, I guess we don't need to throw it out," she said, holding it gingerly....

Jim Mahan
06-28-2016, 07:15 PM

She's the only ten.

Jim Mahan
06-28-2016, 07:17 PM
This is why I love my hammock. I stick my legs out the door, slip on my boots, and I'm out.

http://www.theplacewithnoname.com/hiking/sections/gear/shelter/HTHH_Images/hh01setup.jpg

If you just stick something else out the door, you won't need to slip on your boots. And if you don't slip on your boots, you won't fall in the rain.

Jim Mahan
06-28-2016, 07:21 PM
It is rumored that the scent of human urine repels bears, so as long as you're getting up anyway walk a circle around your tent--think of it as a bear moat.

A bear moat. Whoo hooo. That's funny.

Still, why isn't there an expression like, 'I was so scared it made the bear run off?'

Curtism
06-28-2016, 08:39 PM
Still raining...hard. Still hard. Still holding.

Just guessing here, mid to late 30's. If so, enjoy it while it lasts.

SullivanB
06-28-2016, 08:47 PM
Roughly 4 decades ago, SWMBO and I were camping in the overflow campground in Big Bend National Park. Space was at a real premium there, and the tents had all been pitched pretty close together. A light rain had fallen all day and kept falling throughout the evening. Most ate a cold supper rather than try to cook in the rain and, as it began to get dark, folks started to settle in for the evening.

Someone close by started playing a guitar and the whole campground got quiet as we all listened. As it got darker outside, we realized that this guy, Marvin, his tent companion called him, could really sing. He did cowboy and country songs all evening, and what an easy, melodious vote he had. In between songs, he'd stop and talk with his companion which turned out to be his dad. We had a pretty good evening's entertainment in that soggy tent, still a very fond memory.

After his last song, with everyone quietly hoping for an encore, Marvin and his dad talked a bit about the rain and he asked his dad if he'd ever told him the story about him and Joann being stuck in the rain on a hilltop somewhere in the Texas hill country. His dad said, no, I don't think I've heard it. So Marvin starts telling about him and Joann driving along in this horrendous downpour when, suddenly, they see brake lights at a standstill up ahead, and a line of cars and trucks up beyond them, disappearing in the still heavy rain. The rain had flooded the road ahead, a common occurrence in that neck of the woods. Cars kept pulling up and the line kept growing, behind them. Then flashing lights come up from behind them, with a sheriff's deputy rolling down the window and telling them that the road was now flooded behind them as well, so they'd be stuck there for a while.

So Marvin and Joann are stuck on a hilltop in the Texas hill country, in a pouring rain with little to do but talk. Dad asks Marvin what they talked about while they waited, and Marvin says he doesn't really remember much about it except for that one question Joann asked, which he'll never forget. What question was that, Marvin? Well, Marvin says with a chuckle, after watching the 4 guys in the car just ahead of us for about an hour or so, she wanted to know why, about every 10 minutes or so, one of them would roll down his window, stick out his beer bottle, and pour all that beer out on the highway.

After the whole campground stopped laughing, things got real quiet and we all enjoyed the moment. My part of the story is true, though I can't vouch for Marvin's.

Shang
06-28-2016, 09:14 PM
Totally by chance I happened to ask My Kid yesterday if he remembered the time when we were rained out of our Cape Cod camp site in the North Of Turo camp grounds. Yes, he said, although he was only four at the time. After bailing out we went to the fish shack which later became Moby Dick,s for lunch. You remember Moby Dicks, from which it is impossible to left exit in season. My Kid remembered that pre-Moby Dick's roof leaked, and since there were no other paying customers in the rain the kids in charged continued to serve all you can eat lobsters and joined us at our rained-on table.
happy memories.

LongJohn
06-29-2016, 01:14 AM
If you're really set on killing the 6-pack - get up, put on your raincoat, grab the beer, and head for the passenger seat of your vehicle. (Be sure to pee on the way.) When you're finished, take a few empties with you back to the tent and your dry sleeping bag. Next time plan ahead... (I like to use a wide-mouth Nalgene. Holds a liter and correct aim is much less of an issue than refilling empties.)

Reminds me of many years ago when I was a first-time camp counselor. I had a group of kids out on a canoe trip and a storm came in at dusk that sent us to the tents. Sure enough, one of the kids had to pee. He climbed out of the tent and I heard some extra 'rain' on the canvas. Standing rule from there on out was that you have to go at least three feet away from the tent.

- John

TomF
06-29-2016, 05:18 AM
We gots to know, Lup. Didja go out and get wet? Solve the tinned beer conundrum? Pee out the tent door? Or explode?

Hwyl
06-29-2016, 06:31 AM
Anyone else ever drink they're own urine?

No, but I've drunk Budweiser.

TomF
06-29-2016, 06:35 AM
Shame on you.

lupussonic
06-29-2016, 06:53 AM
Used my kettle, rinsed before making morning coffee. Tasted better than ever. Might try that again when at home.

TomF
06-29-2016, 06:55 AM
Civet coffee comes to mind.

Rum_Pirate
06-29-2016, 07:36 AM
Is this subject appropriate for the forum? :confused:

SullivanB
06-29-2016, 08:13 AM
Depends.:rolleyes:

Rum_Pirate
06-29-2016, 08:15 AM
Depends.:rolleyes: . . . on who posts it.

TomF
06-29-2016, 08:17 AM
. . . on who posts it.on how artfully it's worded.

Canoez
06-29-2016, 09:35 AM
No, but I've drunk Budweiser.

How could you tell the difference?

Canoez
06-29-2016, 09:40 AM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9WNVeWgT8M

The Bigfella
06-29-2016, 10:57 AM
Reminds me of my introduction to male tigers. "They mark their territory, and if they decide to mark you, don't complain" A 240kg male marked a piece of furniture about 3 metres from me as he walked past.... so I guess I was lucky. They sure know how to spray it. I'm pretty sure I took a photo... but it probably isn't appropriate to post it.

TomF
06-29-2016, 11:08 AM
Is "pee in the can" anything like "whisky in the jar"?

Gerarddm
06-29-2016, 11:11 AM
When my father got old, for his car he carried out a sealable pee bottle which he got from a hospital.

Canoez
06-29-2016, 11:12 AM
Is "pee in the can" anything like "whisky in the jar"?

I think you need to review Gareth's earlier post, RE: Budweiser.

The Bigfella
06-29-2016, 11:16 AM
Ah, here's one that can be posted. Tail up - don't move, take it like a human if you're in the way.... which no-one was here

https://photos.smugmug.com/Randoms/i-75pCSNM/0/O/tigerpee1.jpg

Made my Thai friend smile though

Tail down... all's safe

https://photos.smugmug.com/Randoms/i-STzFSP6/0/O/tigerpee2.jpg

Ted Hoppe
06-29-2016, 12:43 PM
you could always catheze yourself. your boss could get more productivity out of you too.

http://www.elderstore.com/images/products/Catheze/CA1001CathezeDuoMED2.jpg

mmd
06-29-2016, 03:52 PM
So, did you:

a.) pee in the can?

b.) get wet peeing outside in the rain?

c.) pee the bed while being indecisive?

<grin>

lupussonic
06-29-2016, 04:37 PM
D. Trangia kettle.

Coffee in the morning was, despite my misgivings and trepidation, glorious.

BF, do those dudes with the tiger get ALL the girls, or what? Amazing.

The Bigfella
06-29-2016, 05:07 PM
D. Trangia kettle.

Coffee in the morning was, despite my misgivings and trepidation, glorious.

BF, do those dudes with the tiger get ALL the girls, or what? Amazing.

A week or two before those photos, another of those guys tried to stop two of those big pussycats having a disagreement.... he got a couple of dozen stitches and some sexy looking scars.

lupussonic
06-29-2016, 05:16 PM
What do they do with them? Why 'own' a tiger? Or does the tiger own the humans?

The Bigfella
06-29-2016, 05:44 PM
What do they do with them? Why 'own' a tiger? Or does the tiger own the humans?

Supposedly a rescue centre... run by Buddhist monks. Shut down recently after tiger parts were found, possibly destined for the Chinese market. Some debate as to whether they were capitalising on natural deaths, or had bred for dollars. Far too many dead tiger cubs would seem to indicate the latter.

http://www.aljazeera.com/indepth/features/2016/06/happened-thailand-tiger-temple-160605074332073.html

Instead of fixing the problem, it may have been made worse, as is sometimes the way in Asia.

I managed to get through the large army-controlled tiger wilderness area to the north of there - a subsequent, commercial expedition that tried to get in was denied entry. There aren't many left in the wild there now.

From WWF: The Western Forest Complex, a 18,000-km2 area that is part of the Kayah Karen Tenasserim ecoregion, has the largest number of tigers in Thailand, and probably in all Southeast Asia.

http://wwf.panda.org/what_we_do/where_we_work/greatermekong/our_solutions/species/tigers_in_the_greater_mekong_region/

Canoez
06-29-2016, 07:56 PM
Somehow, I think this thread and http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?206271-do-i-need-to-remove-the-pith should be linked somehow.

ranga
06-30-2016, 04:40 AM
Yeah.... when you reach for that 'next beer', stay focused!

I had the joy of watching a guy pick the ashtray/dip can up and take a sip of that, not sure which is worse tho.

Shes the only lesbian?

Canoeyawl
06-30-2016, 10:43 AM
I had the joy of watching a guy pick the ashtray/dip can up and take a sip of that, not sure which is worse tho.

Shes the only lesbian?

Likely, just the opposite.
The word on the street is "Lesbians are not gay"...

Jim Mahan
06-30-2016, 10:26 PM

Goodfellow AFB, San Angelo, Texas, 1978ish. I worked with an old civilian who was a year or so away from retirement, after working in the paint shop on base for thirty years. He had gotten out of the army after world war two and took a civilian job in the civil engineering squadron's paint shop, and stayed in the same job for thirty years. He was a very good old boy. Long-suffering with bunch of young green G.I.s

Like a lot of Texicans I knew back then, he used to carry a can of skoal or copenhagen snuff in his coveralls, and he'd have a 'pinch tween his cheek and gum' a lot of the time. He had this funny way of standing around while listening to the foreman or someone, holding his head tilted back and to the side to keep the lip-ful of tobacco drool from running down his chin until he could turn and spit. Lovely.

He told me this story. A little difficult to hear all the words since he was holding a little gob and he mumbled with an old geezer version of Texican.
He had been on a job for a couple of weeks with this other old boy who had developed the habit of asking Willie for a pinch of snuff when Willie got his can out after eating his lunch. After a while of this, Willie got a little fed up with the co-worker who always wanted a pinch but didn't want to buy any himself.

So one day, Willie had a brand new can of skoal and the almost empty previous can in the same pocket as he sat down for his lunch. When he was done eating, he reached in the pocket, came out with the new can and got his dip. A moment later, good ol' boy comes over and asks Willie for another dip again.

So Willie reaches in the pocket and comes out with the old can. When he opens it there is just enough left for a good dip for the friend, Willie says, 'Say, fella, this here dip's gotten a little dry.' So he undoes his fly, hauls out the little man, and says, 'we just need to get her a little wet, for ya.' And he lets out just about a teaspoon of pee into the nearly empty tin and then swirls it around for a moment. Then he says, 'There now, that oughta do it, she ain't dry now,' and he holds tin out to the guy, all dead pan. There was a long quiet moment, and the guy remembered he had to be somewhere else, real quick.

genglandoh
06-30-2016, 10:33 PM
So, I'm working away, and as my employer isn't paying for digs, I thought I'd camp in a nearby campsite. I'm in my tent right now, I'm really tired, I'm in my sleeping bag, and it's hammering down with rain right now. I got my radio on, had a Thai curry for dinner, and have a six pack of tasty real ale beside me, half of one down.

Problem is, I need a pee. I could finish the beer and pee in the can, but then I'd have to have another pee real soon. So I could drink the next beer and pee in that empty can, but then it's going to go on and on and on, until I'm pretty drunk, have peed in ALL the empty beer cans, and STILL might need to go some more...it looks quite tricky to perform besides being in a tent, soon to be dark. Think if the consequences of failure.

I have a 2 litre bottle of mineral water with me too, but I'm just not going there.

My normal MO is to have an empty 5 litre cider jug with me (wide neck of course), but I don't have one and am in a real jam.

What should I do?https://www.dropbox.com/s/8w5od6niggewlxg/File%2028-06-2016%2C%2020%2002%2048.jpeg?dl=0

I think you should call this the lupussonic law of perpetual motion.

The Bigfella
06-30-2016, 10:34 PM
Ha ha... good one.

I borrowed a cousin's truck once. Getting in, he said "make sure you don't drink the Passiona" (a local, yellow-coloured soft drink). Hmm. Did look the same.

lupussonic
07-01-2016, 04:43 AM
Better than champagne apparently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=It3uCssJj5Y

TomF
07-01-2016, 08:01 AM
Few years ago there was a story on the radio about long haul truckers, catheters, and gallon sized milk jugs along the highways.

The Bigfella
07-01-2016, 08:34 AM
I remember a thread on adv... some guy had a truckie lobbing his bottle onto this same guy's front lawn on a regular basis. Never could catch him. Must've been a late night truckie

Canoez
07-01-2016, 06:34 PM
When I was in college, our ASME student chapter had arranged a tour at Hamilton Standard's Air, Sea and Space division. We got to see some really cool things - multi axis CNC machining of props and prop cores, reaction jet nozzles for spacecraft, propeller assembly, space-suit assembly and one other thing - the Sanitary Systems department. They employed a guy whose name tag said, "Dr. Flush". Sanitary systems included toilets, urinals, showers, zero - G "sinks" a S water heating/dispensing. It was a "closed loop" system where all liquid was recycled. He took great pride (and a small amount of glee...). as a co-worker went into the urinal system and he proceeded to draw off a cup of water to drink.