PDA

View Full Version : Mass and NJ idiots

Boater14
06-27-2016, 02:14 PM
Two blue states that consistently elect reep govs. Idiots. Imagine a Clinton/warren ticket. A tsunami. Then imagine the reep gov appointing Scott brown to warrens seat allowing the reeps to hold the senate. What kind of a democrat votes for a reep governor? Wake up. The day you could vote for the man not the party is long gone.

ron ll
06-27-2016, 02:20 PM
I agree. All this talk about Warren as vp is crazy for just that reason. Besides she can get things done where she is instead of just going to state funerals.

Chris Smith porter maine
06-27-2016, 02:53 PM
Warren is just for show right now, get some of the left in the party excited about Clinton.

xflow7
06-27-2016, 02:55 PM
Warren is just for show right now, get some of the left in the party excited about Clinton.

Bingo. No way Warren ends up being the VP pick.

elf
06-27-2016, 03:12 PM
Baker's opponent was a bigger loser. I didn't vote for that position.

The MA dems I know have a serious problem with indiscriminatingly fixating on a woman candidate.

Boater14
06-28-2016, 07:45 AM
Don't get me wrong. I'm picking Tim Kaine. Being from NJ, a blue state I'm amazed at the reep govs. Maybe they'll learn with Christie. My post was more frustration with the dem voters than a desire to have the Clinton warren ticket. Clinton will get the 8 Year obama treatment if the dems don't get the senate.

Norman Bernstein
06-28-2016, 07:55 AM
Two blue states that consistently elect reep govs. Idiots. Imagine a Clinton/warren ticket. A tsunami. Then imagine the reep gov appointing Scott brown to warrens seat allowing the reeps to hold the senate. What kind of a democrat votes for a reep governor? Wake up. The day you could vote for the man not the party is long gone.

I respectfully disagree. Here in ultra-blue Massachusetts, we've had Republican governors... and I voted for Republican Charlie Baker, our current governor. The reason? I couldn't vote for his opponent, who, IMHO, wasn't even close to worthy of having the job.

As it turns out, I think Charlie Baker is a terrific governor. He's NOT some nut-case ideologue from the right wing.... he's a thoughtful guy who appears to govern by considering the issues, and not so much the politics, of every thing that comes up.

I vote on issues, and I vote on the character of the man.... as it happens, most of the time, I'm on the side of progressive issues... and, as it happens, the progressive candidate is also the person of character I want to see in office....

....but I never vote on party lines. The Democrats have had their share of a$$hats, as well.... just fewer of them, than the Republicans.

Boater14
06-28-2016, 12:13 PM
Norm, with all due respect, I mean that, you need to get with the times. I'm a dem who voted for reep Arlen Spector. I watched him take a hatchet to Anita hill. When you voted for that guy you contributed to the reep cause. No republican will vote for a dem. You've heard of Reagan democrats....ever hear of a Kennedy republican....a Clinton republican. No way. Only democrats are naive enough to vote for a reep. Your registered independent....right?

Canoeyawl
06-28-2016, 12:17 PM
Ultra Blue Massachusetts?

You need to get out more.

Norman Bernstein
06-28-2016, 12:19 PM
Norm, with all due respect, I mean that, you need to get with the times. I'm a dem who voted for reep Arlen Spector. I watched him take a hatchet to Anita hill. When you voted for that guy you contributed to the reep cause.

I will admit that I also voted for Romney for governor.... once again, because his democratic opponent was a jerk... and, in THAT case, regretted the vote. None of us always get it right.

Your registered independent....right?

In MA, you don't need to 'register' as an independent.... if you've never registered as a Dem or Reep, you're just 'independent'.... and I have NEVER registered with any political party, and hope NEVER to do so.

Osborne Russell
06-28-2016, 12:24 PM
The day you could vote for the man not the party is long gone.

A strong case could be made that there never was such a day.

There were legislatures prior to independence, and they had their factions.

Cuyahoga Chuck
06-28-2016, 03:40 PM
The Dems have their eye on the senate. They need it badly to get a youngish hard left justice on the supreme court. I doubt they would sacrifice a shoo-in senator just to spritz up the presidential ticket.

Kevin T
06-28-2016, 04:09 PM
Don't get me wrong. I'm picking Tim Kaine. Being from NJ, a blue state I'm amazed at the reep govs. Maybe they'll learn with Christie. My post was more frustration with the dem voters than a desire to have the Clinton warren ticket. Clinton will get the 8 Year obama treatment if the dems don't get the senate.

I think it'll be Kaine as well and said as much right here a few weeks back.

He was Mayor of Richmond, LT Gov, and Governor so he has some executive experience. He's in the Senate from a state with a Democrat Governor so no worries on losing the seat and he might help in carrying the state which couldn't hurt in VA, although it has been shown that carrying a state your from is not the big deal it is believed to be.

He's fluent in Spanish and while he may not be the most exciting cat on the scene, he's safe, reasonably well liked, and he calms the white dude fear of a dual female ticket. Clinton/Kaine 2016.

But I still like the fellow forumite's (can't recall who it was) take on the other side's dream ticket when one of the Koch brothers gets the nomination at the GOP convention and names Herman Cain as his running mate for the dream ticket of
Koch/Cain 2016. ;-)

Still chuckling at that bit of word-smithing.

SKIP KILPATRICK
06-28-2016, 04:09 PM
A wise play for Clinton would be to pick Tim Kaine. He has been well vetted during term as Gov. and Senator.

It would also allow the current Gov. of Va. Terry McAuliffe, to appoint himself as Senator replacing Kaine. This would allow fellow Democrat Lieutenant Gov. Ralph Northam to serve out his term. Virginia's term limits do not allow a governor to be elected to serve more than one term in a row. Northam could serve out the remainder of the term and have a leg up in the next governors race. This would further cement Virginia into the "Blue State Column".

I have met both Tim Kaine and Terry McAuliffe on multiple occasions and I have great respect for both men.

My brother, who is a Republican was appointed to office by Republican Gov. Bob (I'm not a crook) McDonnell.

Terry McAuliffe in a show of bi-partisanship asked my brother to stay and promoted him to Commissioner.

SKIP KILPATRICK
06-28-2016, 04:10 PM
Kevin,

You be me to it.

Kevin T
06-28-2016, 04:12 PM
Kevin,

You be me to it.

I think we were typing at exactly the same time. :-)

SKIP KILPATRICK
06-28-2016, 04:22 PM
I'm sure this is unrelated but................. my desk at work faces one of the flight paths for Richmond International Airport and ....

all afternoon yesterday, I watched a plane with Air Force One type marking on it practice touch and go landings.