PDA

View Full Version : Traditionalist, who knew?

Jim Bow
06-27-2016, 11:48 AM
In my little world, I thought the word "traditionalist" meant a Catholic who yearned for the days of the Latin Mass. I was a parochial school kid.
Now I hear there's a Traditional Workers Party (?), and a Traditional Youth Network (?) which seem to equate "traditionalist" with "Northern European purity".
Time to send off another C-note to Morris Dees.

Ian McColgin
06-27-2016, 12:01 PM
Rightwingers are constantly misappropriating terms for both good and ill. Their ultimate goal in mixing neofascism and nihilism is to destroy all meaning.

delecta
06-27-2016, 12:22 PM
You keep sending money to the SPLC, they love it. Keep up on your union dues, vote straight ticket and just baaa baaa every once in a while so they know you're still alive between funding requests.

<shakes head> You do realize that that c-note would be better served in your community .........never mind.

Enjoy the grass or whatever sheep eat.

J.Madison
06-27-2016, 12:55 PM
You keep sending money to the SPLC, they love it. Keep up on your union dues, vote straight ticket and just baaa baaa every once in a while so they know you're still alive between funding requests.

<shakes head> You do realize that that c-note would be better served in your community .........never mind.

Enjoy the grass or whatever sheep eat.

It makes you a sheep to take action against neo-nazis? Is that your position here?

Jim Bow
06-27-2016, 05:38 PM
If sheep are anti-hatred I'm. I had my eyes open during Hayden Lake, and I remember Mulugeta Seraw.

delecta
06-27-2016, 06:04 PM
It makes you a sheep to take action against neo-nazis? Is that your position here?

I'll assume you know nothing about the splc. I'm going take guard at my front door, the neo Nazis might be coming....seriously?

The Nazis will take over the USA the day after abortion is made illegal and the anti gun nuts have finished going door to door seizing firearms.

At some point in time the retarded left in this country needs to actually address the problems our society faces and stop falling back on the bs that you think got them elected. Progressive my ***, you're as backward as any Republican I've ever met.

Hey, you think we can get the neo Nazis to take on the radical Islamist, probably not. <sigh>

skuthorp
06-27-2016, 06:19 PM
"Hey, you think we can get the neo Nazis to take on the radical Islamist, probably not."
Well they are here peb, in some very nasty but small street battles. But I think they are just louts out for a fight, any fight, rather than anti-anything in particular.

Canoeyawl
06-27-2016, 07:41 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/us-california-stabbing-idUSKCN0ZC114

J.Madison
06-27-2016, 09:40 PM
You do realize that the traditionalist workers party referenced in the OP is a neo nazi group right? And you do realize that the splc has paid for litigation costs for those hurt/killed by neo nazi groups. That is what the OP was about.

Or being a sheep I guess....

Andrew Craig-Bennett
06-28-2016, 04:44 AM
You do realize that the traditionalist workers party referenced in the OP is a neo nazi group right? And you do realize that the splc has paid for litigation costs for those hurt/killed by neo nazi groups. That is what the OP was about.

Or being a sheep I guess....

Thanks for the decode and now I understand it I agree with Jim Bow

Jim Mahan
06-28-2016, 08:33 AM
When we got this story on the local news on Sunday, it took us a while to realize that the white supremacists were permitted and scheduled for a rally to protest... whatever, unfair treatment of whites or something.

But it was weird then, to hear the reporter describe and see video of the organized counter protesters wearing black clothing and black scarves over their faces, descend on the nazis, on the steps of the Capitol, to confront them violently.

The appearance of the group of counter-protestors is ISIS-like. The reporter called it a 'black bloc,' which I hadn't heard of before, from wikipedia:

A black bloc is a tactic for protests and marches where individuals wear black clothing, scarves, sunglasses, ski masks, motorcycle helmets with padding, or other face-concealing and face-protecting items.[1][2] The clothing is used to conceal marchers' identities and hinder criminal prosecution, by making it difficult to distinguish between participants. It is also used to protect their faces and eyes from items such as pepper-spray which law enforcement often uses to stun. The tactic allows the group to appear as one large unified mass, and promotes solidarity.[3] Black bloc participants are often associated with anarchism. More at wiki.

The anarchic justification for the violence is that the only way to create a different and better society is to break the current one down to rubble first. It looks a lot like doing harm and damage, just to do it, a vent for rage fueled by social injustice and oligarchic oppression.
The interviewed white supremacist blamed the violence on the left.
So there is a radical left faction in the USA after all.