PDA

View Full Version : Recap: Why we vote Republican

David G
06-18-2016, 10:29 AM
The BIG5 reasons --

http://www.forwardprogressives.com/5-reasons-why-poor-and-middle-class-americans-vote-republican/

One of the questions I encounter most often in politics (at least among liberals and progressives) is, “Why do so many poor and middle class Americans vote against their own interests by supporting the Republican party?” It’s a valid question, but the answer(s) to it really isn’t all that complicated. Though it’s undoubtedly mind-boggling to think about the reality that tens of millions of Americans do back a party that supports policies that make their lives more difficult.

CK 17
06-18-2016, 01:33 PM
Religion, abortion, fear, ignorance, guns. There, saved everyone some reading. It's really two reasons I think. The first two and the last two can be combined. . .fear could go either way I suppose.

Keith Wilson
06-18-2016, 04:00 PM
I dunno . . . Seems a bit condescending, to say the least. Not helpful even if it were true.

skuthorp
06-18-2016, 04:11 PM
Well this time they won't even be voting Republican for the Pres. They'll be voting for an independent, Trump.

David G
06-18-2016, 08:12 PM
I dunno . . . Seems a bit condescending, to say the least. Not helpful even if it were true.

What sort of non-condescending analysis do you reckon will be more illuminating and/or practical?