PDA

View Full Version : Next door neighbors

ccmanuals
06-12-2016, 01:30 PM
After being here just under a week we finally met the neighbors on both sides of us and across the street.

The couple on our right is from Germany. He is an old hippy dude who works as a sound mixer for bands that travel through the Tampa area.

The couple on our left are completely retired and only live in the home for a couple of months each year and the rest of the time they live in Orlando. The guy is really great and the interesting thing is he used to play for the Yankees.

We are really starting to enjoy living in Port Richey and retirement in general. Our morning ritual is to make our coffee and sit out on the Lanai and watch the charter boats, fishermen and pleasure boaters heading out for the Gulf.

Paul Pless
06-12-2016, 01:33 PM
And the neighbors across the street are so bad they don't rate further mentioning? ;)

S.V. Airlie
06-12-2016, 01:35 PM
Good, glad you are fitting in nicely!

ccmanuals
06-12-2016, 02:40 PM
And the neighbors across the street are so bad they don't rate further mentioning? ;)

Over site on that. A nice young couple that came over and introduced themselves. He is a tech guy that works from home for an Austin company.

Rich Jones
06-12-2016, 03:52 PM
Houses on both sides of me are vacation homes and rarely used. Best kind of neighbors to have! They're both for sale and I'm nervous on who's going to move in. Heaven forbid that it's a full time family with noisy kids!

I'll agree with you that retirement is a wonderful thing, but keeping busy is a must. I keep busy by doing volunteer work at my church and building boat, after boat, after boat, after....

S.V. Airlie
06-12-2016, 04:01 PM
Houses on both sides of me are vacation homes and rarely used. Best kind of neighbors to have! They're both for sale and I'm nervous on who's going to move in. Heaven forbid that it's a full time family with noisy kids!

I'll agree with you that retirement is a wonderful thing, but keeping busy is a must. I keep busy by doing volunteer work at my church and building boat, after boat, after boat, after....I have nothing against noisey kids. Much prefer them to noise beer parties and a bunch of drunks on their Harleys.

bobbys
06-12-2016, 05:01 PM
I'm a better neighbor now that I don't warm up my tar pot and no longer have teenagers with lifted trucks coming and going all hours of the night..

Rich Jones
06-12-2016, 08:06 PM
I have nothing against noisey kids. Much prefer them to noise beer parties and a bunch of drunks on their Harleys. I'm just so used to the absolute quiet here in the woods, that any noise from neighbors would be bothersome.

Daniel Noyes
06-12-2016, 08:26 PM
I'm a better neighbor now that I don't warm up my tar pot and no longer have teenagers with lifted trucks coming and going all hours of the night..

I Love lifted trucks, our neighbours kid has a early 80's GMC diesiel lifted a foot with mud tires on it, makes a great alarm clock when I sleep through our alarm He leaves around 7:45 every morning.

I wake up to that diesel fireing up and idleing for 5 min and think isn't it GRAND to live in the United States of America. :)

http://imgs.inkfrog.com/pix/justdifferentials/Chevy-K10-Pickup-1977.jpg