PDA

View Full Version : First Regatta yesterday

Upshur
06-12-2016, 08:06 AM
On the Maumee, Toledo. Midwest Masters Sprints.20 mph winds from the southwest, pretty good chop but not whitecapping. They had to change the direction of the race. Only 3 of us in Novice class. me, 70 year old and a 23 year old. The young guy disappeared,I donít think he could make it up to the start line. Turns out it was only a 1000 meter race..I love short fast races. I smoked the 70 year ol guy,,but it was tricky , the waves were big enough to snare the recovery...short strokes, no real rhythm , balancing between wind gusts and waves...with a good current. It was interesting and certainly got my adrenaline going. I learned about the procedure of the race and what to look out for. People were very helpful.
Certainly not the fastest that I have rowed,. open water training paid off.
There were some goddesses there to see that made the trip all the more enjoyable.
The Columbus crew looked like some real badasses, the kind of guys you would definitely want on your side going into a firefight.
I am going to keep training and become one with the shell.
Looking forward to next race.
finished the day with some beer.

Paul Pless
06-12-2016, 08:08 AM
There were some goddesses there to see that made the trip all the more enjoyable. sa rules

Figment
06-12-2016, 08:15 AM
Nice.