PDA

View Full Version : A Republican Prayer

Ian McColgin
06-10-2016, 05:57 PM
[There are days when I wish that AddictingInfo's factual veracity were as low as its remorseless rhetoric. But this appears to be true. Were Senator Perdue a member of this Forum, he'd be banned.]

Republican Senator Prays For God To Kill Obama As Soon As Possible: ‘Let His Children Be Fatherless’

By Jameson Parker
June 10, 2016 12:11 pm ·

The Republican Party is currently holding a joint conference with right-wing religious zealots at a event called The Faith and Freedom summit. It’s an insane mix of Bible thumping and shameless religious pandering. (ex. Donald Trump, no one’s definition of a Christian poster boy, gets to be a featured speaker.) It also includes guys like Sen. David Perdue (R-GA), who led a room full of Christians in prayer – for President Obama to die.

According to reporter Betsy Woodruff, Perdue told the crowd that he had a specific prayer in mind for Obama and one they should all help him with: Psalm’s 109:8. He quoted from the top with “Let his days be few; and let another take his office.” The rest of the verse’s basic premise is for the subject to die quickly and for his family to live out their days in misery. It’s not exactly the stuff Jesus talked about.

Let his days be few; and let another take his office.
Let his children be fatherless, and his wife a widow.
Let his children be continually vagabonds, and beg: let them seek their bread also out of their desolate places.
Let the extortioner catch all that he hath; and let the strangers spoil his labour.
Let there be none to extend mercy unto him: neither let there be any to favour his fatherless children.
Let his posterity be cut off; and in the generation following let their name be blotted out.
Let the iniquity of his fathers be remembered with the Lord; and let not the sin of his mother be blotted out.

It’s worth noting that Perdue, a relative newcomer from Georgia, is not considered a “fringe” right-winger. He’s often identified as a moderate. The fact that even the “level-headed” members of the GOP will stand up before a room full of people and pray for Obama’s death says a lot about just how far right the Republican Party has shifted. He may look “moderate” compared to Donald Trump, but that’s a pretty low bar.

Fortunately, we know that Republicans have been beseeching God to assassinate Obama since the day he took office and it doesn’t look like those prayers are going to be answered. However, many of Perdue’s fans might get it in their head that the will of God flows through them, and that makes this kind of violent rhetoric extremely dangerous. Perdue may think he’s delivering a harmless prayer meant to pander to his base, but he should probably account for the fact that many of his supporters are crazy enough to believe it – even if he doesn’t.

Asking God to kill a man and leave his family destitute because you don’t like his views on healthcare and taxes is truly craven. It’s a stark reminder of just how warped the Fox News crowd has become in their blind rage towards Obama and Democrats. It’s not wonder President Obama has basically given up on ever trying to compromise with them. When one side comes to the bargaining table with dust on his knees and callouses on their hands from praying too hard for the other side’s death, there is only so far a deal can go.

The entire country needs to shame Sen. David Perdue. Believe it or not, there is still a line and he crossed it.

http://www.addictinginfo.org/2016/06/10/republican-senator-prays-for-god-to-kill-obama-as-soon-as-possible-let-his-children-be-fatherless/

CWSmith
06-10-2016, 06:15 PM
That is beyond disgusting. As a Christian I am appalled. Maybe shunning has a place after all.

TomF
06-10-2016, 06:19 PM
Speechless.

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2016, 06:28 PM
I think they need a visit from the FBI

McMike
06-10-2016, 06:35 PM
Where's your disgust now bobbys?

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2016, 06:43 PM
He hates the USA! That's a summary. He hasn't figured out the reasons yet!

Rich Jones
06-10-2016, 07:07 PM
I think the guy was trying to make a joke about a prayer for Obama's days be few (as in out of office, not dead) and another take his office (Donald Trump). However, he was an idiot to not think everyone would latch on to the rest of the bible verse. What a moron. Tomorrow, he'll be begging for forgiveness for this "misunderstanding".

CWSmith
06-10-2016, 07:09 PM
Tomorrow, he'll be begging for forgiveness for this "misunderstanding".

He'll be begging, but likely to cover a lapse in judgement.

S.V. Airlie
06-10-2016, 07:09 PM
And how do you fit in "and his children shall not bare children" and "Michelle will be a widow!"

Ian McColgin
06-10-2016, 07:27 PM
Those who actually know their Bible, will recognize this as from Psalm 109, echoed in the New Testament Book of Acts as the curse on Judas. It's a curse of prophetic violence and every follower of the Book, Jew or Christian or Muslim, knows it as such. In the hard right fundi Republican circles, this had been around for almost eight years as “The Obama Prayer”. Sen. Perdue is spewing nothing new here.

Sen. Perdue’s office claimed, “He in no way wishes harm to our president and everyone in the room understood that . . .” (the media is) “ . . . pushing a narrative to create controversy.”*

And if you believe that, I’ve got a discount toll fare for the bridge to Nantucket I’ll sell you cheap.

CWSmith
06-10-2016, 07:42 PM
I dated a fundi many years ago. They can reason that 1 + 1 = chocolate cake, condemn you to hell, and keep a smile on their face. Tough crowd.

oznabrag
06-10-2016, 07:47 PM
The Republican Party has met its God!

https://drawception.com/pub/panels/2016/1-19/SwLLgRStwx-1.png

oznabrag
06-10-2016, 07:50 PM
https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-cweWBxINyQU/VvB7v5peQPI/AAAAAAAATck/G5Qi9O_ADm8Jh5hhzSSQWr992GB382Stw/s640/JFK%2Bremarks%2B2.jpg

Gerarddm
06-10-2016, 07:51 PM
#12: Makes me want to spray paint '666' on any Drumpf campaign sign, LOL.

PS: JFK never said that.

oznabrag
06-10-2016, 07:52 PM
^ Makes me want to spray paint '666' on any Drumpf campaign sign, LOL.

He's just what they've always wanted.

Rich Jones
06-10-2016, 09:50 PM
Those who actually know their Bible, will recognize this as from Psalm 109, echoed in the New Testament Book of Acts as the curse on Judas. It's a curse of prophetic violence and every follower of the Book, Jew or Christian or Muslim, knows it as such. In the hard right fundi Republican circles, this had been around for almost eight years as “The Obama Prayer”. Sen. Perdue is spewing nothing new here.

Sen. Perdue’s office claimed, “He in no way wishes harm to our president and everyone in the room understood that . . .” (the media is) “ . . . pushing a narrative to create controversy.”*

And if you believe that, I’ve got a discount toll fare for the bridge to Nantucket I’ll sell you cheap. I stand enlightened. I was unaware that the hard right fundies called this "The Obama Prayer".

Reynard38
06-10-2016, 10:09 PM
The divide in this country is growing wider. I don't see Clinton or Trump narrowing it. Bad things are coming.

McMike
06-11-2016, 05:53 AM
With Bobbys all in a rage about what some "forum liberal" said I figured he'd be all over this, condemning the prayer and calling out those who participat in its thinly veiled threat. But I guess he wasn't really angry, was he?

S.V. Airlie
06-11-2016, 06:10 AM
I guess I gave him a good TWEEK! He'll go on for days over it!:(

Chris Coose
06-11-2016, 06:11 AM
The Irish are far superior when granting curses.
How can anybody be associated with such a miserable crew as this?

CWSmith
06-11-2016, 08:49 AM
With Bobbys all in a rage about what some "forum liberal" said I figured he'd be all over this, condemning the prayer and calling out those who participat in its thinly veiled threat. But I guess he wasn't really angry, was he?

bobbys does not deal in reality.

oznabrag
06-11-2016, 09:57 AM
The divide in this country is growing wider. I don't see Clinton or Trump narrowing it. Bad things are coming.

Well that's just too freakin bad, pal.

This fissure was created when Lee Atwater decided to use racism as an electoral strategy. It widened when the Ratfreaker Party decided to cultivate a culture of fear and ignorance for political gain.

What you are seeing is the fruit of their tireless effort to disenfranchise the governed, and funnel the wealth of the Nation into the pockets of the few.

Their unceasing propaganda directs the unthinking rage of their benighted minions, and I will not be surprised when these ignorant, moronic traitors rise up in open rebellion when the sane among us elect Hillary Rodham Clinton to be the next President.

When they do, it will not be the fault of That Irishman OR of the Democratic Party.

The responsibility for that bloodbath will rest squarely upon the shoulders of the Republican Party and their willingness to subvert the Constitution for their own gain.

Paul Pless
06-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Well that's just too freakin bad, pal.Easy killer, Reynard is a pretty reasonable political commentator and participant.

oznabrag
06-11-2016, 10:46 AM
Easy killer, Reynard is a pretty reasonable political commentator and participant.

You seem to think that Reynard should take my comments personally, but I have no reason to beleve he approves of these anti-American usurpers.

I would feel better about it if he were to actually participate in crushing that weasel, but that is none of my affair.

Reynard is welcome at my home at any time.

Bobcat
06-11-2016, 10:52 AM

his "outrage" is phony

Daniel Noyes
06-11-2016, 11:41 AM
I stand enlightened. I was unaware that the hard right fundies called this "The Obama Prayer".

un-aware because they dont'... MORE Obvious Propoganda from the far Left "News Sources" and the Democrats who want to believe this stuff just eat it up.

Just look at Stephen Glass, for the New Republic... reporting on a Young Republicans "Tail Hook" style national convention... a story that Dems embraced with enthusiasm... and was totally a figment of that deranged individuals imagination.

http://www.vvox.it/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Stephen-Glass-845x522.jpg

Ian McColgin
06-11-2016, 11:50 AM
My dear Daniel, you will note that Senator Perdue's office does not deny his use of the psalm. Their claim is that it somehow does not mean what it says, does not mean what it meant in Psalms, does not mean what it said in Acts, and does not mean what Perdue and other pseudo-religious Republicans are saying.

Perhaps rather than ranting falsely about some liberal plot, you will be so good as to use your profound Bible scholarship to provide to us a new, gentler perhaps, meaning for those ancient words.

CK 17
06-11-2016, 11:58 AM
Yup, it's like we need another "reconstruction" period. Can we have that without the war part?

Daniel Noyes
06-11-2016, 12:09 PM
My dear Daniel, you will note that Senator Perdue's office does not deny his use of the psalm. Their claim is that it somehow does not mean what it says, does not mean what it meant in Psalms, does not mean what it said in Acts, and does not mean what Perdue and other pseudo-religious Republicans are saying.

Perhaps rather than ranting falsely about some liberal plot, you will be so good as to use your profound Bible scholarship to provide to us a new, gentler perhaps, meaning for those ancient words.

No one denied the Young Republicans story... It's tough to prove a negative... that's why such TALES make perfect Propaganda for the SHEEPLE

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/d2/3e/85/d23e85dd2d7a40d0f762dcedf5f3132f.jpg

Ian McColgin
06-11-2016, 12:13 PM
Nice try at diversion. But some nameless fourth rate rightwing knuckle draggers are not the news.

Senator Perdue is.

Justify a US senator using the Bible to call for the President's death. Or repudiate Perdue's expression of racist hatred.

CWSmith
06-11-2016, 12:13 PM

I also think it may well get worse, but I want to be fair: I don't believe that Clinton is trying to win by creating more division. Trump is.

There is a difference between standing for your beliefs and manipulating mistrust for personal gain. I think that as a society we are virtually incapable of discussing that distinction, but it still exists.

Daniel Noyes
06-11-2016, 12:15 PM
Never mind the Left leaning "Hard News" and "Investigative Reporting" done by Liberals on hoax news stories about non-existent gang-rapes by white men: the Duke lacrosse team (Crystal Gail Mangum), University of Virginia fraternity members (Jackie Coakley) and military contractors in Iraq (Jamie Leigh Jones).

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/wp-content/uploads/rolling-stone-hoax-victims.jpg

Daniel Noyes
06-11-2016, 12:20 PM
Nice try at diversion. But some nameless fourth rate rightwing knuckle draggers are not the news.

Senator Perdue is.

Justify a US senator using the Bible to call for the President's death. Or repudiate Perdue's expression of racist hatred.

So your "Propaganda detector" does not go off in your head when you see a headline like this... from a Liberal 'News' source???...

Republican Senator Prays For God To Kill Obama As Soon As Possible: ‘Let His Children Be Fatherless’

Ian McColgin
06-11-2016, 12:23 PM
Keep her spinning there Daniel, but you know what all know here: Senator Perdue really said it and his office rather blasphemously tried to change his Biblical meaning in their lame attempt to soften, not apologize, for remarks that on this Forum would rightly lead to banning and that from other than a high public official would at least lead to very serious Secret Service interrogation. But, nice spin. That north bound African river must run through your back yard.

S.V. Airlie
06-11-2016, 12:23 PM
So old news. I think Rolling Stone paid through the nose because of these incidents. Usually, they are correct and accurate about what they print, must have hired a red!

oznabrag
06-11-2016, 12:26 PM
Dan, if you would like to start a thread about those horrible libs at Rolling Stone, then there is a link for that at the upper left of the Bilge forum page.

How do you feel about Senator Perdue loudly an publicly praying for the death of your President?

oznabrag
06-11-2016, 12:30 PM
So your "Propaganda detector" does not go off in your head when you see a headline like this... from a Liberal 'News' source???...

No. The Senator's act is well-documented and freely admitted by the Senator himself.

Because you are defending him, I have to wonder if you wish O'Bama dead, yourself.

S.V. Airlie
06-11-2016, 12:31 PM
No. The Senator's act is well-documented and freely admitted by the Senator himself.

Because you are defending him, I have to wonder if you wish O'Bama dead, yourself.I think his attempts at deflection answers your question. If nothing else, one refers to rape, the other is pointedly against the president and his family.

Daniel Noyes
06-11-2016, 01:00 PM
Dan, if you would like to start a thread about those horrible libs at Rolling Stone, then there is a link for that at the upper left of the Bilge forum page.

Why start a new thread when Left wing Media Lies and Propaganda are soooooo relevent to this thread?

How do you feel about Senator Perdue loudly an publicly praying for the death of your President?

He did not... even the OP article admits that... You are reading into it what you WANT it to say... But I already pointed out this was a news article intended to get the SHEEPLE BLEATING... looks like it worked.

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/931/301/166.png

oznabrag
06-11-2016, 01:03 PM
OK.
now you are being rude.

Furthermore, you are asserting that Senator Perdue is conspiring with the "liberal media" to defame himself.

Keith Wilson
06-11-2016, 01:09 PM
Y'know, while I have no fondness for Mr. Perdue, I think this was sort of a stupid semi-joke that backfired. I'd be willing to bet quite a lot that he doesn't genuinely wish that all the other things in the Bible verse would really happen to the president and his family. Tasteless and dumb, not evil, at least in this case. Cut the poor schlub a little slack.

S.V. Airlie
06-11-2016, 01:10 PM
OK.
now you are being rude.

Furthermore, you are asserting that Senator Perdue is conspiring with the "liberal media" to defame himself.Apparently!

Tom Montgomery
06-11-2016, 01:32 PM
Y'know, while I have no fondness for Mr. Perdue, I think this was sort of a stupid semi-joke that backfired. I'd be willing to bet quite a lot that he doesn't genuinely wish that all the other things in the Bible verse would really happen to the president and his family. Tasteless and dumb, not evil, at least in this case. Cut the poor schlub a little slack.Do you think maybe Purdue was unaware that part of Psalm 109 is known among right-wingnut, Republican, fundi circles as "The Obama Prayer?"

Yeah... me neither.

S.V. Airlie
06-11-2016, 01:34 PM
I don't know, Trump didn't know what the KKK was!

oznabrag
06-11-2016, 01:59 PM
Y'know, while I have no fondness for Mr. Perdue, I think this was sort of a stupid semi-joke that backfired. I'd be willing to bet quite a lot that he doesn't genuinely wish that all the other things in the Bible verse would really happen to the president and his family. Tasteless and dumb, not evil, at least in this case. Cut the poor schlub a little slack.

No.

Grind them into paste.

Spread them out 3 mils thick, or thinner if you prefer.

Play El Deguello for them and listen to their screams.

There is no Republican Official who deserves reelection.

Boater14
06-11-2016, 03:02 PM
Noyes, your bitching about the NEWS. Not left or right...just THE NEWS. the psalm says what it says. He invoked it. Praying that Obama would die. That's it. The prayer works. Some of us prayed Scalia to death.

S.V. Airlie
06-11-2016, 03:04 PM
I didn't revel in his death but, I didn't go to his funeral either! (Scalia)

Boater14
06-11-2016, 03:06 PM
Unlike the reeps, I'm not kidding. Scalia and young bush literally ruined this country. God called Scalia home to save America. Guess I'm an old fud. You didn't used to joke about praying for the presidents death.

S.V. Airlie
06-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Yes they did! The prayer is or shouldn't be wishing the president's death, nor the rest of it. I find this to be typical of the reds in the GOP though.

ahp
06-11-2016, 08:03 PM
Mr. Perdue and his like minded are praying for God to be their hit man, like Tony Soprano. Might God be offended?

CWSmith
06-11-2016, 08:27 PM
Mr. Perdue and his like minded are praying for God to be their hit man, like Tony Soprano. Might God be offended?

I think he would be shocked if his prayers were answered and not because of his fundamental decency.

Cuyahoga Chuck
06-11-2016, 09:15 PM
The truth of what the senator's prayer was all about will probably be investigated by the Secret Service. They take a dim view of such incendiary talk.

Vince Brennan
06-11-2016, 10:39 PM
Look, (and look who's posting THIS one..) The Senator may or may not have asked the audience to agree to and pray for the FIRST line of the psalm, but in all the postings, articles, source-quotes and other news-bites, I simply do NOT find him actually SPEAKING the remaining lines.

At all.

Reference them? Sure.

Repeat them with reference to "The Ethiopian In De Woo... I mean, White House"? Nope.

Look. Is this guy a reprehensible human (I refuse to dignify him using the capital "H")? Absolutely.

Did he verbally propose harm or injury to the current POTUS? Nope.

Wish he had overstepped, but READ the freaking CITATIONS already given and this turns into a bull-poop Libtard-type crapolla accusation.

Don't like him, hope he gets ejected fro the White House soon? Your dreams WILL come true.

That sentence is equally implicit for the continued longevity of the Senator's incredibly-biased positions.

We cannot sink thus to the level of propaganda and crud-spraying which we expect and decry from the Repugniclod Party.

oznabrag
06-12-2016, 01:06 AM
Hey, Vince.

McColgin says he has a discount ticket for the Nantucket Bridge he'll sell you for cheap.

CWSmith
06-12-2016, 07:26 AM
The truth of what the senator's prayer was all about will probably be investigated by the Secret Service. They take a dim view of such incendiary talk.

I doubt it. There is a huge difference between "Let's kill him." and "Let's pray that God kills him." It's disgusting, but it probably isn't against the law.

Jim Mahan
06-12-2016, 07:39 AM
Not until they find a smoking prayer next to a corpse.

CWSmith
06-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Not until they find a smoking prayer next to a corpse.

It'll solve that pesky "Is God real?" question.

stromborg
06-12-2016, 12:21 PM
The idea that a room full of fundamentalist christians wouldn't know what is in the rest of that psalm is "aw shucks" thinking of the highest order.