PDA

View Full Version : kimbo Slice RIP

bobbys
06-09-2016, 10:43 AM
To bad I liked that guy, His one fight near the end was pretty pathetic , the 2 guys were so out of shape, He was busted got steroids , may have been a cause.

all reports were he was a pretty nice guy.

I wonder how he would have done against Ali or Mike Tyson..

When you see these buffed guys with bald heads mad it's a clue.

paulf
06-09-2016, 10:47 AM
I don't know about Tyson..but ALI, in his prime, would have KOed this guy I the first 30 seconds of the first round.

LeeG
06-09-2016, 11:30 AM
What was the cause?

Paul Pless
06-09-2016, 11:31 AM
I don't know about Tyson..but ALI, in his prime, would have KOed this guy I the first 30 seconds of the first round.any heavyweight champ would have made short work of kimbo

TomF
06-09-2016, 12:46 PM
Yep. Kimbo was good at what he started at - bare knuckle streetfighting that roughly followed boxing rules. Capitalized on strength, aggression, size, intimidation, and willingness to take a punch in order to give two or three. Huge work ethic too, seemed like, for conditioning etc. That's not enough against well trained opponents who punch straighter, have better footwork, and/or better snap. Not enough in MMA against someone with well trained takedown and grappling skills either. And frankly, he was too old to be a competitive fighter. He was starting to transition into movie roles, but there are lots of guys whose thing is to play a tough. Younger, and more flashy moves too.

I wouldn't be surprised if his early death was from heart failure, resulting from past or present performance enhancing drug use. He doesn't strike me as a guy who'd have had the best medical supervision of any steroid use, for instance, and a lot of powerlifters and bodybuilders who got to similar sizes without medical supervision of their "additives" died young.