PDA

View Full Version : Why do you think Obama has not endorsed Hillary?

genglandoh
06-05-2016, 07:30 PM
I think it could be any of the following
1. He has inside knowledge that she will get indicted by the FBI.
2. He is waiting for the convention to see if the party will support Hillary.
(This could help unify the party and bring in the Sanders supporters)
3. He is waiting for after the convention so he can help Hillary turn around her campaign in the General Election.
(You know hold your best card for last)
4. He does not want to support Hillary until he gets something from her.
(Supreme Court Justice, UN ambassador or something.)
5. He might want her to lose and will never endorse her.

What do you think?

S.V. Airlie
06-05-2016, 07:33 PM
He's the president, he's not endorsing anyone, HC or Sanders. Maybe he will after one is nominated that makes sense. Doing so before the convention is just stupid and O'Bama ain't stupid!

Reynard38
06-05-2016, 07:39 PM
Why bother. Risk to benefit just isn't there. He's 6 months away from retirement, why make things complicated.

genglandoh
06-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Why bother. Risk to benefit just isn't there. He's 6 months away from retirement, why make things complicated.

That could be another reason, but I do not think Obama will go quietly into the night.
I think he will remain in politics after he is out of office.

S.V. Airlie
06-05-2016, 07:46 PM
Ex presidents usually have their fingers in politics unless they are senile like Reagan. Bush one does it tangentially through his kids but, even he refuses to go to the GOP convention.

Gore got into environmental issues but, being once VP and then a candidate helped him in his endeavors.

Overtime expresidents speak, people tend to listen!

Paul Pless
06-05-2016, 08:24 PM
That could be another reason, but I do not think Obama will go quietly into the night.
I think he will remain in politics after he is out of office.

Your worst nightmare, Hillary appointing Obama to the Supreme Court. God wouldn't that be the most delicious irony of all. . .

S.V. Airlie
06-05-2016, 08:27 PM
But, but, a SC justice nominee turned justice is not supposed to be political.:(

genglandoh
06-05-2016, 09:27 PM
YES!!

The reason O'Bama has not endorsed Hillary is that she is not yet the nominee.

Even a cave man could figure that out.

Before you make silly statements please check the facts.

Title: Bill Clinton endorsed Al Gore 44 days before the Iowa caucus. Why hasn't Obama endorsed Hillary?
Link: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/1/25/1474880/-Bill-Clinton-endorsed-Al-Gore-44-days-before-the-Iowa-caucus-Why-hasn-t-Obama-endorsed-Hillary

adampet
06-05-2016, 09:33 PM
I thought that the RWW, thought that he was planning on declaring Martial Law and staying as President for life.
It would explain why he hasn't endorsed anyone yet :)

Rich Jones
06-05-2016, 09:47 PM
Once the convention is over, Obama will wholeheartedly endorse Hillary. Probably appear at campaign events. Please recall in 2008 and 2012, the GOP nominees wanted nothing to do with George W., one of the most failed presidents of all time and McCain and Romney knew it. Hillary will welcome the help of President Obama in her bid for the White House.

genglandoh
06-05-2016, 09:52 PM
Once the convention is over, Obama will wholeheartedly endorse Hillary. Probably appear at campaign events. Please recall in 2008 and 2012, the GOP nominees wanted nothing to do with George W., one of the most failed presidents of all time and McCain and Romney knew it. Hillary will welcome the help of President Obama in her bid for the White House.

So you think it is option #3
3. He is waiting for after the convention so he can help Hillary turn around her campaign in the General Election.

LeeG
06-06-2016, 05:05 AM
Graham,# 2. best describes what Rich said. Trump got a bump after the Rep. convention and so will HC.

Daniel Noyes
06-06-2016, 07:37 AM
Hillary just could not close the "Deal"

Daniel Noyes
06-06-2016, 07:39 AM
Dem party "Hemorrhaging Membership" according to NPR and headed for a CONTESTED CONVENTION!!! :D

S.V. Airlie
06-06-2016, 07:42 AM
Lincoln had a contested convention! So what! A lot of conventions have been contested and the winners then became president.

Daniel Noyes
06-06-2016, 08:35 AM
it was more the NPR report on the "Hemorrhaging Membership" that was the point of the post... always nice to start the day with sunshine and some positive news!

genglandoh
06-06-2016, 10:12 AM
I think it could be any of the following
1. He has inside knowledge that she will get indicted by the FBI.
4. He does not want to support Hillary until he gets something from her.
(Supreme Court Justice, UN ambassador or something.)
5. He might want her to lose and will never endorse her.

What do you think?

The more I think about it I think Obama will do option#2
This way he will get to play the wise old party leader who unified the party around Hillary.

S.V. Airlie
06-06-2016, 10:13 AM
I think you're dreaming!

genglandoh
06-06-2016, 10:17 AM
I think you're dreaming!

I do not understand, what am I dreaming about
1. That Obama will endorse Hillary
2. That Obama will do it during the convention
3. That his endorsement will help unify the party around Hillary
4. Obama will get credit for helping Hillary and the party.

S.V. Airlie
06-06-2016, 10:22 AM
The fight for the Dem nomination is a "hands off" subject for the president. He does not want to endorse anyone.He wants the people to decide and not be influenced by him.

When the nominee is chosen at the convention, he will endorse the winner whoever it is. How hard is that to understand?

TomF
06-06-2016, 10:27 AM
Obama all but endorsed her at the Correspondents'' Dinner, didn't he? Didn't he quip something about how he didn't know who the next President would be, but he was sure she'd do a great job?

Look, Obama's not going to insert himself overtly into the Dem race - whatever others may prefer, or may have done in the past. As a sitting POTUS, he's going to avoid the appearance of favouritism, and simply let the party's process choose the candidate. And will stand behind the candidate, once chosen.

At the same time, if Clinton acquires the last few delegates she requires to become the presumptive nominee, I would fully expect Obama to congratulate her. And in doing so, send a message that he supports the notion that the party has a right to establish and change the rules for its nomination process between elections ... but should follow the then current rules once a particular contest gets underway.

In exactly the same way, it's legit to consider options for electoral reform within a nation state ... and these can become viable issues for discussion within an election campaign. But during a particular election isn't the time to change those rules.

S.V. Airlie
06-06-2016, 10:33 AM
TomF we can each write posts which say the same thing in essence, the reds will still continue questioning why the president hasn't endorsed Hillary. Either they ignore such posts written or just won't read them is their problem. Responding is borderline hopeless.

bobbys
06-06-2016, 10:43 AM
Your worst nightmare, Hillary appointing Obama to the Supreme Court. God wouldn't that be the most delicious irony of all. . ..

Why not ?affirmative action got him this far.

TomF
06-06-2016, 10:46 AM

Why not ?affirmative action got him this far.What, he won "pity votes" from a majority of American voters? Twice?

paulf
06-06-2016, 10:58 AM
What, he won "pity votes" from a majority of American voters? Twice?

The BROTM is just being willfully obtuse.

TomF
06-06-2016, 10:59 AM
The BROTM is just being willfully obtuse.It gets harder and harder to give the Office the respect it deserves. :D

bobbys
06-06-2016, 02:42 PM
It gets harder and harder to give the Office the respect it deserves. :D

jack is is pushing me nothing is good enough for him I'm getting desperate

BrianY
06-06-2016, 03:20 PM
Wait until Wednesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/06/politics/hillary-clinton-barack-obama-endorsement/

S.V. Airlie
06-06-2016, 03:22 PM
Wait until Wednesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/06/politics/hillary-clinton-barack-obama-endorsement/Well, this will piss off Sully!:(

ccmanuals
06-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Before you make silly statements please check the facts.

Title: Bill Clinton endorsed Al Gore 44 days before the Iowa caucus. Why hasn't Obama endorsed Hillary?
Link: http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/1/25/1474880/-Bill-Clinton-endorsed-Al-Gore-44-days-before-the-Iowa-caucus-Why-hasn-t-Obama-endorsed-Hillary

He endorsed him because Gore was VP at the time. This is not really rocket science.

He hasn't endorsed Bernie or Hillary because the party has not selected the nominee and it would be improper for him to do so until the party as spoken. Again. This is not really rocket science.

S.V. Airlie
06-06-2016, 08:37 PM
He endorsed him because Gore was VP at the time. This is not really rocket science.

He hasn't endorsed Bernie or Hillary because the party has not selected the nominee and it would be improper for him to do so until the party as spoken. Again. This is not really rocket science.Same explanation so many others have said. What does it take you to realize this geng? Need to be hit on the head with a sledge hammer? Would that help?

Vince Brennan
06-06-2016, 08:41 PM
Gen, ya got us.

We have been stringing the Democratic Electorate along all this time by implying that Hillary is Obama's cherce to be the next POTUS, not Donnie-Boy.

Well, you figgered it out. He just has a basic block against lending his voice to the campaign of a non-

Y'know, this just isn't fun anymore.

Geng, please go put your head in a furnace. That way, when it explodes in November, it will do as little damage as possible.

Until then, I'm just not gonna play with you no more.

Have a nice summer.

genglandoh
06-09-2016, 02:06 PM
LOL.
So many had such insulting posts about why Obama would not indorse Hillary until the Convention or after.

Title: President Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton in video
Link: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/09/politics/president-barack-obama-endorses-hillary-clinton-in-video/index.html

Paul Pless
06-09-2016, 02:08 PM
you're real special

John of Phoenix
06-09-2016, 02:13 PM
you're real specialBless his heart.

:D LMAO :D

TomF
06-09-2016, 02:15 PM
LOL.
So many had such insulting posts about why Obama would not indorse Hillary until the Convention or after.

Title: President Barack Obama endorses Hillary Clinton in video
Link: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/09/politics/president-barack-obama-endorses-hillary-clinton-in-video/index.html Please see #21. Or maybe #28. Or #30.

Is it invisible to you that others actually predicted what happened?

Nicholas Scheuer
06-09-2016, 02:22 PM
He just did so, today.

John of Phoenix
06-09-2016, 02:24 PM
I can see why you think you're so brilliant.

:D LMAO :D
The more I think about it I think Obama will do option#2
This way he will get to play the wise old party leader who unified the party around Hillary.