PDA

View Full Version : Anything to get elected

Jim Bow
06-05-2016, 11:58 AM
McCain just kissed Trump's a$$. He's endorsed the orange haired one. Despite despising everything Trump.

McCain is afraid he might lose the next election. He's already lost all his remaining credibility.

Norman Bernstein
06-05-2016, 12:03 PM
McCain just kissed Trump's a$$. He's endorsed the orange haired one. Despite despising everything Trump.

McCain is afraid he might lose the next election. He's already lost all his remaining credibility.

What would you expect, from the guy who picked Sarah Palin as his VP running mate?

CWSmith
06-05-2016, 12:08 PM
I am amazed and saddened to watch the GOP leadership caving in one by one.

bobbys
06-05-2016, 12:10 PM
What would you expect, from the guy who picked Sarah Palin as his VP running mate?

Pretty smart move , after the Palin /Biden debate she did her job and bumped JM up in the polls.

Still sticks in Yer craw , .

Durnik
06-05-2016, 12:11 PM
from the guy who picked Sarah Palin as his VP running mate?

pay attention. she was picked by committee for him. he was unhappy.

elf
06-05-2016, 12:14 PM
Didn't have the b_lls to say no.

Osborne Russell
06-05-2016, 12:51 PM
I think you are ignoring a basic fact.

If Hilly wins, the country moves forward. Maybe it moves forward incrementally, and maybe it moves forward imperceptibly, but forward it moves, nonetheless.

If Trump wins, one can assume there will be no down-ballot change in the balance of the Senate, and when Trump, may he rot in Hell, begins to make good on his fascist threats to retaliate against all and sundry who decry his putrid ego, the Senate will NOT impeach him.

Thus, it is off to the camps for everyone who disagrees with him.

Yep. The legislature is a potential check on the President. They decide if they want to actually check him, or her.

No worries, says Mitch McConnell:

I think Donald Trump will understand when hes sworn in the limits of his authority, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said Monday in an interview with Hugh Hewitt. Hell have a White House counsel. There will be others who point out theres certain things you can do and you cant do. And its not quite like, you know, making a speech before a big audience and entertaining people. And I think hes a smart guy, and I think hes going to figure that out. So Im not worried about it.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/bully-in-chief/2016/05/31/8658640a-2762-11e6-ae4a-3cdd5fe74204_story.html

Oh, yeah, the great chastening when Trump puts his hand on the Bible. Suddenly he will understand limited government, separation of powers, checks and balances and all that stuff. So don't listen to Trump's words. He's going to change.

When a reporter asked if a Trump presidency would take on a similar tone, the billionaire businessman responded, "Yeah, it is going to be like this."

"You think I'm going to change?" he said. "I'm not going to change."

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/31/politics/donald-trump-political-attacks-hit-back-harder/

Norman Bernstein
06-05-2016, 12:54 PM
Pretty smart move , after the Palin /Biden debate she did her job and bumped JM up in the polls.
Still sticks in Yer craw , .

Hmmm... I don't know which alternate universe you get your historical information from, but McCain and Palin LOST the election.... duuuuhhhhhhh!!!!!

McMike
06-05-2016, 12:56 PM

This. A sellout.

Well all of my heroes up and died
Songs and a dream are left for me
What did them in, not suicide
Just a lengthy friendship and a dream of how it could be

bobbys
06-05-2016, 01:36 PM
Hmmm... I don't know which alternate universe you get your historical information from, but McCain and Palin LOST the election.... duuuuhhhhhhh!!!!!

what VP pick do you think will bump up Hillary or Bernie in the polls?

S.V. Airlie
06-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Thus, it is off to the camps for everyone who disagrees with him.

And I bet Trump will have us build them!