PDA

View Full Version : Weekend with Bernie

Curtism
06-05-2016, 04:11 AM
So I'm sailing my 1 meter r/c boat yesterday, down on the launch dock having just tweaked my sails for the changing wind conditions, and another sailor launches his boat.

He strikes up a conversation, tells me he's new to the hobby, we introduce ourselves and chat about boats for a bit. I was intently watching my sails to see if any further adjustments were needed and with a stiff breeze making sure I didn't get tangled in the weeds or other boats, so I really never got a good look at the guy. Then when I made my way back up to the shade where we line up our helm chairs, I look back towards the dock and said, "Wow, I was just sailing with Bernie Sanders!"

At that point a couple of the guys almost coughed their dentures out, and they all agreed he was a spitting image of the man. None of us are very good at remembering names so I hope this doesn't stick to Richard, or whatever his real name is. He may have trouble meshing with the two guys who wear their camo 'Trump, make America great' hats to the lake now and then. :o

http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/curtismil/20160604_104322.jpg?t=1465029242

:D

Paul Pless
06-05-2016, 04:16 AM
:d indeed

CWSmith
06-05-2016, 08:44 AM
That's a great story! I suspect that while he is unlikely to win the nomination, he won't be slowing down, either.

Reynard38
06-05-2016, 08:50 AM
If I was going to invite any of the candidates sailing it would be Bernie.
Actually the rest of them can jump in a lake for all I care.

CWSmith
06-05-2016, 09:26 AM

I'd push them...

S.V. Airlie
06-05-2016, 09:30 AM
I'm surprised, no secret service, I wonder how he managed to ditch them? Most candidates do I think!

Dave Wright
06-05-2016, 09:53 AM

I'd invite Trump. Just the two of us, and for overnight. The west coast of Mexico would be my locational choice. Hopefully before this November. I'm assuming he's neither a proficient sailor or swimmer, although that wouldn't make much difference.

S.V. Airlie
06-05-2016, 10:00 AM
I don't think Trump would come for dinner, not enough silver spoons on the table!

CWSmith
06-05-2016, 10:06 AM
I don't think Trump would come for dinner, not enough silver spoons on the table!

They need to be gold. Everything around him must be gold.

S.V. Airlie
06-05-2016, 10:29 AM
They need to be gold. Everything around him must be gold.Damn!:(

S.V. Airlie
06-05-2016, 10:35 AM
I'm trying to come up with a list of those I'd like to have dinner with.

B. Obama comes to mind. Nonliving; Churchill, Einstein,FDR, T Roosevelt,Lincoln,J. Adams, R. Lee, Hamilton,....Heck a long list.

Durnik
06-05-2016, 10:46 AM
aye, Reynard38 & Dave, each in your own way, I like how you think!

& Dave? Far enough out & yer good to go!

bobby

Domesticated_Mr. Know It All
06-05-2016, 11:12 AM
I just knew that little boat was gonna get you in trouble.
Expect the guys in the black suits any minute.;)

Curtism
06-05-2016, 11:57 AM
I know, Kevin. That crossed my mind, been watching the street through cracks in the blinds all morning.

I almost didn't post this for fear of being accused of virtue slinging. :rolleyes: