PDA

View Full Version : What could happen to our country

Boatfix
06-04-2016, 12:54 PM
The following story shows the complete disregard the current administration has for our country. When you look at the "open door" policy of the Obama administration and then this, its hard to not see such actions as those of an administration that above all does not have the interest of the American people as a first priority. I know it is both parties's fault that we don't have a comprehensive immigration policy that protects the country but events like the link shows clearly illustrate this country needs to come together on illegal immigration.

Fox News ‏@FoxNews (https://twitter.com/FoxNews) 15h15 hours ago (https://twitter.com/FoxNews/status/738906542091558912)
Trace Gallagher: "2700 Syrian refugees have been resettled in the US, w/ an addition 4700 waiting for resettlement."

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CkEflTpUoAApzaA.jpg

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/151117160654-v8-map-states-accepting-syrian-refugees-exlarge-169.jpg

Chip-skiff
06-04-2016, 12:55 PM
Where did we pick up this latest crop of trolls, and why are they so busy?

CWSmith
06-04-2016, 12:59 PM
The following story shows the complete disregard the current administration has for our country.

I will never understand why some people cannot make a simple point without the exaggeration and disgrace like this irrelevant nonsense.

If you believe this, then you are woefully uninformed.

S.V. Airlie
06-04-2016, 01:00 PM
Trying to defend themselves! And Liberals are more tolerant of others than idiotic red paranoia. Fear I tell ya! Next it will be Jews, transgenders, and gays. Gotta keep this country WASP at all costs.

Keith Wilson
06-04-2016, 01:03 PM
You do realize that the folks fleeing Syria are trying to escape the madness and violence, right?

They want you to be afraid. You're no use to them if you're not afraid. Oooooh, the booogeymen are gonna getcha! Build a huuuuge wall! Get more guns!! Hide in the cellar!

slug
06-04-2016, 01:03 PM
I will never understand why some people cannot make a simple point without the exaggeration and disgrace like this irrelevant nonsense.

Best to read the opinion of Homeland Security...then formulate policy

Immigration and security should never be in the hands of political hacks.

Boatfix
06-04-2016, 01:05 PM

You must be kidding. Watching the actions of the current administration clearly show they do not have the best interest of Americans as a priority.

Boatfix
06-04-2016, 01:07 PM
You do realize that the folks fleeing Syria are trying to escape the madness and violence, right?

They want you to be afraid. You're no use to them if you're not afraid. Oooooh, the booogeymen are gonna getcha! Build a huuuuge wall! Get more guns!! Hide in the cellar!

Trump has suggested several time (wisely I might add) that we can do a better job for them and for our pocketbook by establishing "safe zones" in their own country or in a bordering country.

Daniel Noyes
06-04-2016, 01:13 PM

like the "Boooogeymen" near the Eiffel Tower in Paris? whats to be affraid of ??? those silly "Bogey men" only "got" 130 people in a country of millions... right? or so the endless droning of the Liberal Left goes...

S.V. Airlie
06-04-2016, 01:16 PM
WOW 31 states that ban Syrian immigrants, 30 out of 31 are run by republicans. Yup, plenty of tolerance there. A lot of fear though!

Keith Wilson
06-04-2016, 01:19 PM
That's exactly right. In the last ten years 24 Americans have been killed by terrorists. More than ten times that many were killed by lightning. But if it makes you feel better, hide in the closet trembling with fear and clutching a pistol. Be afraid, be very afraid! You're no use to them if you're not afraid! Ooooooh, the big bad terrists are gonna getcha!

slug
06-04-2016, 01:23 PM
Safe zones are good policy

it will take money, diplomacy and boots on the ground to make it work

trump could build an international consensus to make it work

Daniel Noyes
06-04-2016, 01:23 PM
That's exactly right. In the last ten years 24 Americans have been killed by terrorists. More than ten times that many were killed by lightning. But if it makes you feel better, hide in the closet trembling with fear and clutching a pistol. Be afraid, be very afraid! You're no use to them if you're not afraid! Ooooooh, the big bad terrists are gonna getcha!

24 Americans... In America... how about Americans, or any civilians for that matter (whats soooo valuable about the lives of American Civillians per se) killed in countries where there are more Islamists?... and the Looney Left thinks it's a good idea to continue importing Islamists to the USA

slug
06-04-2016, 01:25 PM
at present there are nearly half a billion people in the world who , at any moment , could qaulify as refugees.

time to put in place a policy that deals with this issue ..trump thinks correctly

Keith Wilson
06-04-2016, 01:36 PM
Ooooh they're gonna getcha getcha getcha! Better check under the bed, somebody from ISIS may be hiding there right now! Yesiree Bob, we liberals are importing more Islamists to terrorize you ever day! Be afraid, be very, very afraid!

http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/16/44/1644b39798b312861c4652b645c8d0c3.png

(More Americans are killed by cows every year than were killed by terrorists in the last decade.)

Boatfix
06-04-2016, 01:43 PM

You really are quite irresponsible. The FBI director has clearly stated they do not have the manpower to investigate the existing cases they have now in all 50 states. It is very clear that we need work very hard using commonsense and smart tactics to avoid the same type of attacks we have seen in Europe. This is exactly why Donald Trump has a much higher rating in dealing the terrorism than Hillary.

I guess you will not have much to say if a bunch of Americnas get killed by some terrorists because attitudes like yours have diminished the quality/level of our ongoing efforts to protect Americans. This is precisely why Hillary must not be president.

McMike
06-04-2016, 01:44 PM
Trump has suggested several time (wisely I might add) that we can do a better job for them and for our pocketbook by establishing "safe zones" in their own country or in a bordering country.

I'd like to see the budget on a plan like this. Who is going to provide security? The US military? You do realize that 20 or so service men and women commit suicide every day because of the crap they went through in Iraq and Afghanistan. We don't even allocate enough money to take care of them when they come back thanks to the Republicans blocking almost every spending bill slated for them. So How does Trump propose protecting these folks, housing them, feeding them. We have all those services here already set up and the minimum of surveillance to monitor these folks costs way less than what I outlined above. Clearly you and Trump have no idea what it would cost establish safe zones. I have an Idea, since you're so unhappy with being a real American by taking in the downtrodden, why don't you go move to Russia, seems you'd like how they do things better there.

Steve McMahon
06-04-2016, 01:45 PM
Wow, just friggin wow. And people wonder why my lovely wife is renouncing her US citizenship?

Boatfix
06-04-2016, 01:50 PM
I'd like to see the budget on a plan like this. Who is going to provide security? The US military? You do realize that 20 or so service men and women commit suicide every day because of the crap they went through in Iraq and Afghanistan. We don't even allocate enough money to take care of them when they come back thanks to the Republicans blocking almost every spending bill slated for them. So How does Trump propose protecting these folks, housing them, feeding them. We have all those services here already set up and the minimum of surveillance to monitor these folks costs way less than what I outlined above. Clearly you and Trump have no idea what it would cost establish safe zones. I have an Idea, since you're so unhappy with being a real American by taking in the downtrodden, why don't you go move to Russia, seems you'd like how they do things better there.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Dr Ben Carson went over the the mideast and questioned several Syrians in a large camp as to what they wanted. It was clear he spent a bit of time talking to refuges. They did not want to come to America, but just be able to stay in their own country with safety. He proposed a comprehensive outline to establish such a zone with all the allies in the ME chipping in to pay for and to protect it. This makes much more sense than us going along with the current administration which has shown with multiple examples of poor decisions that they do not act for the benefit of Americans.

S.V. Airlie
06-04-2016, 01:56 PM
You mean he went there before talking to God first! Oh the horrors, the horrors!

McMike
06-04-2016, 02:01 PM
Dr Ben Carson is a dolt and so are you for taking it out of context. Of course the displaced want to go back home, when it's safe to do so. If they didn't want to leave their country they wouldn't be applying for asylum. Again, they are fleeing their homes because it's not safe. Crossing the border into another country pretty much states they are willing move in order for their families to be safe. If you're too much of a wimp and a crybaby to risk living American values then leave. We don't need scared little man-children roaming around chitting their pants every time something hard needs to be done.

S.V. Airlie
06-04-2016, 02:04 PM
Well boat fix, I guess I don't have to post a rebuttal, appears there are a lot who are taking up the cause. So, are you gonna tell 90% here not to post as well?

Chip-skiff
06-04-2016, 02:24 PM

Actually, far more people have been killed by guns in the hands of children four years and younger.

S.V. Airlie
06-04-2016, 02:28 PM
Actually, far more people have been killed by guns in the hands of children four years and younger.But, that's okay, protect that 2nd Amendment!

CWSmith
06-04-2016, 02:30 PM
But if it makes you feel better, hide in the closet trembling with fear and clutching a pistol. Be afraid, be very afraid!

I feel sorry for the UPS guy when he rings the door bell.

S.V. Airlie
06-04-2016, 02:32 PM
Be safe, leave a note in the mailbox saying the package is at the post office!

Boatfix
06-04-2016, 02:43 PM
The truth is that because of the conditions in Syria in general there is no way to vet many refugees. With the incredible amount of dishonesty we have seen with the Obama administration including their lack of transparency and considering their extreme efforts to have open borders with no deportation, it is any wonder that they cannot be trusted to do what is in the best interest for the American people. Its not that most folks don't want to allow a reasonable amount of vetted refugees into the country because of such a serious situation that exists, but this administration is extremely incompetent and if they rush this next few months because they have fallen behind their quota, I fear they will put American lives at risk.

The dishonesty of the Obama administration.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/04/29/us-weighing-under-radar-routes-for-syrian-refugees.html

Why the Obama administration cannot be trusted because of a time crunch they will put American lives at risk trying to meet their proposed goals.
http://www.nbc15.com/home/headlines/More-governors-announce-their-states-wont-accept-Syrian-Refugees-after-Paris-massacre-350663911.html

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/15/obama-still-plans-to-accept-10000-syrian-refugees-/?page=all

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/apr/26/obama-administration-fails-to-screen-syrian-refuge/?page=all

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/11/27/obama-administration-threatens-states-admit-syrian-refugees-face-enforcement-action/

McMike
06-04-2016, 03:26 PM
This is simply not true. (http://taskandpurpose.com/truth-22-veteran-suicides-day/)

I'm perplexed (http://articles.latimes.com/2013/dec/20/science/la-sci-sn-veteran-suicide-statistics-20131219) meh, so they end up killing themselves after the age of 50? Because we didn't take care of them. What's the diff outside of the fact that most of these suicides are committed by older vets, the narrative has indeed been misleading but it's still an indictment of how we treat our vets. My point still stands.

About 72% of veterans are at least 50. It is not surprising, then, that the VA found that people in this age group account for 69% of veteran suicides — or more than 15 of the 22 per day.

Tom Montgomery
06-04-2016, 03:30 PM
The terrorists have done a good job of terrorizing our Bilge right-wingnut trolls. Mission accomplished.

Keith Wilson
06-04-2016, 04:35 PM
. . and considering their extreme efforts to have open borders with no deportation,This is a complete falsehood, I hope due to ignorance.

skuthorp
06-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Boatfix is not ''ill-informed/misinformed/fearful". He's here to do a job. And we assist by giving he/she or it ant credence whatever.

Dan McCosh
06-04-2016, 04:50 PM
Curious about listing Michigan as not welcoming refugees. It has brought in the largest number of any state in the U.S.

Reynard38
06-04-2016, 05:25 PM
I'll hold my opinion until we know what, and/or who brought down Egypt Air. There are a LOT of foreigners, many from countries not exactly friendly to the US working in security sensitive areas of this nations airports.
I've not heard how background checks are accomplished on persons from other countries.

C. Ross
06-04-2016, 05:32 PM
Safe zones are good policy

Quite so. And it is the current consensus policy of the EU and the US, and effectively is Russian policy.

it will take money, diplomacy and boots on the ground to make it work

Quite true.

trump could build an international consensus to make it work

HA HA HAAAAAA!!! Oh dude, stop it, you're killin' me!!!

You cannot put "Trump" and "international consensus" in the same sentence. This guy won't be able to organize a one clown parade if it's anything more difficult than building an office tower or hotel.

On the other hand, he's been quite credibly accused of committing sexual harassment when he owned the Miss Universe franchise, which he's also claimed as a major part of his foreign policy experience. I'm sure that'll endear him to the despots and dictators he's so fond of.

Todd D
06-04-2016, 06:09 PM
Frankly I am surprised at all the wingnuts we have posting here. I would have expected them to be hiding in their hermetically sealed bunkers, sitting on their stash of gold bars while eating from their 10 year supply of freeze dried and canned food, drinking water hand pumped from their hardened wells, breathing bottled air while reading their John Birch Society news letters, cleaning their guns and counting their ammo. Instead they risk themselves by watching Fox News and posting to the internet. Don't they realize that terrorists can use their cable connections to hack into the control systems for their bunkers and i-phones?

Chip-skiff
06-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Don't they realize that terrorists can use their cable connections to hack into the control systems for their bunkers and i-phones?

Done.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/2576358/images/n-LONE-WOLF-628x314.jpg

Durnik
06-04-2016, 06:21 PM
Ooooh they're gonna getcha getcha getcha! Better check under the bed, somebody from ISIS may be hiding there right now! Yesiree Bob, we liberals are importing more Islamists to terrorize you ever day! Be afraid, be very, very afraid!

http://emojipedia-us.s3.amazonaws.com/cache/16/44/1644b39798b312861c4652b645c8d0c3.png

(More Americans are killed by cows every year than were killed by terrorists in the last decade.)

Public ridicule is the only way to deal with some irrationality.

Where did we pick up this latest crop of trolls, and why are they so busy?

The tone & topic of the OP are amazingly similar to our presently at banned camp RodB.

just sayin'

bobby

McMike
06-04-2016, 07:16 PM
You can't see a difference between 22 per day and fewer than one per day? Age notwithstanding, I see a huge difference. "The narrative has been misleading?" The 'narrative,' which you are quoting, is a bald-faced lie.

The article I linked states that it's between 15 and 20 a day but confirms that the majority are committed by vets above the age of 50. I think we'll need a better source than either of ours to settle this.

S.V. Airlie
06-04-2016, 09:10 PM
You think assault weapons are for hunting deer Daniel or is your aim so bad you can't hit a barn door without one! And regarding ISSIS among the refugees, you are overeating the number. Maybe 2 out of 30 thousand may be closer. And if you review the data, those terrorist accused of the coup, do the Trump thing, have fun being very afraid, it's your nature.