PDA

View Full Version : ..and it gets nastier

Norman Bernstein
05-16-2016, 09:54 AM
Hate lives.

Carlos Beruff, a Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate from Florida, repeatedly referred to President Obama as an “animal” at a county GOP meeting, the Huffington Post (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/carlos-beruff-obama-animal_us_5738a0cce4b08f96c1836a00?section=politic s) reports.

Said Beruff: “Unfortunately, for seven and a half years this animal we call president, because he’s an animal, OK — seven and a half years, has surgically and with thought and very smart, intelligent manner, destroyed this country and dismantled the military under not one, not two, but three secretary of defenses. And they’ve all written books about it.”

CWSmith
05-16-2016, 10:23 AM
This is why the GOP cannot disown Trump. He is their creation. He just got "bad press" doing it more aggressively than some. This doesn't surprise me. Only the fact that some people will listen to this hate and bile surprises me.

Lew Barrett
05-16-2016, 10:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HIWHMb3JxmE

LeeG
05-16-2016, 10:33 AM
Fear, hate and lies. Obama hasn't put a dent in the countries path to imperial overreach.

PhaseLockedLoop
05-16-2016, 10:59 AM
Reminds me of Jack Kennedy's "missile gap" charge against Ike.

Osborne Russell
05-16-2016, 11:27 AM
This is why the GOP cannot disown Trump. He is their creation. He just got "bad press" doing it more aggressively than some. This doesn't surprise me. Only the fact that some people will listen to this hate and bile surprises me.

They were having such a wonderful time out-Redding each other. He saw there was plenty more room rightwards and simply took their game away from them.

CWSmith
05-16-2016, 12:05 PM
They were having such a wonderful time out-Redding each other. He saw there was plenty more room rightwards and simply took their game away from them.

And then just to annoy them (and possibly win an election) he goes left on social security.

BrianW
05-16-2016, 12:10 PM
I always refer to the President by his title or name, in a respectful manner. But not everyone here does the same, with "Chimp" having been a fairly common termed used for President Bush during his tenure. The names for Trump have already started to flow with about the same vigor.

So while I don't support the actions this candidate for Senate, I give the Bilge very low credibility on their collective criticism on this issue.

oznabrag
05-16-2016, 12:13 PM
I always refer to the President by his title or name, in a respectful manner. But not everyone here does the same, with "Chimp" having been a fairly common termed used for President Bush during his tenure. The names for Trump have already started to flow with about the same vigor.

So while I don't support the actions this candidate for Senate, I give the Bilge very low credibility on their collective criticism on this issue.

Just as though you are above it all.

CWSmith
05-16-2016, 12:15 PM

There is some truth to that. However, the respect is due the office if not the person who holds it. The individual in question here has not been elected. He is just one more Bozo (yes, that does disparage him) running for an office he does not deserve. I quote from the OP:

...a Republican candidate for the U.S. Senate from Florida...

LeeG
05-16-2016, 12:20 PM

How in the world does using disrespectful names for the president imply flawed or less credible criticism on the issue of military expenditures?

Sky Blue
05-16-2016, 12:31 PM
How in the world does using disrespectful names for the president imply flawed or less credible criticism on the issue of military expenditures?

It implies that the criticism is attributable to bias rather than a reasoned analysis.

Tom Wilkinson
05-16-2016, 12:34 PM

Shouldn't GOP meeting standards be just a bit higher than the bilge section of a web forum? The guy is a candidate for the US senate.

TomF
05-16-2016, 12:39 PM
It implies that the criticism is attributable to bias rather than a reasoned analysis.Does it now. What does it imply when presumptive Republican nominees bandy disrespectful names and terms?

oznabrag
05-16-2016, 01:09 PM
It implies that the criticism is attributable to bias rather than a reasoned analysis.

'Reasoned analysis'?

ROFLMAO!!!!

Said Beruff: “Unfortunately, for seven and a half years this animal we call president, because he’s an animal, OK — seven and a half years, has surgically and with thought and very smart, intelligent manner, destroyed this country and dismantled the military under not one, not two, but three secretary of defenses. And they’ve all written books about it.

You can't apply 'reasoned analysis' to this garbage. There is no 'reason' in it.

You're just virtue slinging . . . AGAIN.

Pardon me while I vomit.

Osborne Russell
05-16-2016, 02:22 PM

That implication is readily disposed of by looking at the analysis. You will recall that your man Trump calls him a liar who lied in order to launch the invasion of Iraq.

Which I enlarge with the fact that he was so utterly but proudly unqualified, shown by his stunted utterances, his taste for sham and bullying, the ludicrousness of his policies and their colossal failure. Eager to sacrifice anything (of anyone else's) to his personal desires and feelings, no different than an angry, dominance-hungry chimp running through the bushes, screaming, beating his chest and tearing up the foliage.

And there's your reasoned analysis of what made the Chimp the Chimp. I guess we can take comfort in the thought that it could hardly get worse than that.

Durnik
05-16-2016, 02:55 PM
Arrrrgggghhh!!! Never Challenge 'worse'. _Never_!

Norman Bernstein
05-16-2016, 02:57 PM

I never referred to Bush by using derogatory names, either....

...but surely you're not so blind as to recognize WHO is referring to Hillary... and numerous others... that way?

LeeG
05-16-2016, 04:21 PM

Only if you don't understand the content of the criticism.

Jim Bow
05-16-2016, 05:18 PM
"Secretary of defenses"???????