PDA

View Full Version : Opening segment for Uncharted 4.

Ted Hoppe
05-15-2016, 10:54 AM
New game has a great boat chase opening. Yeah - it a video game but the ultra hd graphics and play will make it game of year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uImZ4IW7Mbg

McMike
05-15-2016, 11:08 AM
Sucks that I have to buy a playstation in order to play it. Console exclusivity blows. I'm a PC game guy myself. Have you seen Star Citizen? Insane.

Old Dryfoot
05-15-2016, 11:12 AM
Wait, what? You mean there is another aside from Fallout 4?

Which will be GOTY. . .

McMike
05-15-2016, 11:14 AM
I've been playing FO4 agin, second go around with a new character. It looks great on a maxed out PC. Can't wait for the steam workshop to drop with all the graphic mods like Skyrim.

Old Dryfoot
05-15-2016, 11:20 AM
It will be like a whole new game when that happens.

One of the really great things about the new FO is the inclusion of mods for the consoles. I'm playing it on PS4 atm, but I'll be picking up the PC version too once some more DLC has been released. I did the same thing with FO3, FNV, and the last two ES games. Bethesda is getting it's monies worth out of me.

Paul Pless
05-15-2016, 11:24 AM
Honeybunny counts her lucky stars that I'm not a gamer addict.

Ted Hoppe
05-15-2016, 11:50 AM
Never played FO4. We have had a Play Station (3 & 4) in the the house for nearly a decade. it has been a bane and a joy to have. My son who just turned 16 dominates the console and the games. I get a change to play - we call it every death when you hand over the controller. I seem to play for 30 seconds and he for 45 mins.

The puzzles and story lines are superb on these Uncharted games. The art is top notch. As close second favorite is the game Red Dead Redemption. Not as must as a time suck and mind numb as one who doesn't play would think.

Ted Hoppe
05-15-2016, 11:54 AM
Honeybunny counts her lucky stars that I'm not a gamer addict.

A gateway path to addiction.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gBctl1h_2o

McMike
05-15-2016, 04:02 PM
It will be like a whole new game when that happens.

One of the really great things about the new FO is the inclusion of mods for the consoles. I'm playing it on PS4 atm, but I'll be picking up the PC version too once some more DLC has been released. I did the same thing with FO3, FNV, and the last two ES games. Bethesda is getting it's monies worth out of me.

I just built a monster of a PC, I haven't touched my xbox one in a long time. If you have steam then you need to try 7 Days to Die, one of the best indie games I've ever played. Also, PM me with your user name and I'll friend you, be fun to start a WBF gaming group.

Oh, look at Star Citizen, your wallet will hate me.

McMike
05-15-2016, 04:03 PM
Never played FO4. We have had a Play Station (3 & 4) in the the house for nearly a decade. it has been a bane and a joy to have. My son who just turned 16 dominates the console and the games. I get a change to play - we call it every death when you hand over the controller. I seem to play for 30 seconds and he for 45 mins.

The puzzles and story lines are superb on these Uncharted games. The art is top notch. As close second favorite is the game Red Dead Redemption. Not as must as a time suck and mind numb as one who doesn't play would think.

RDR is an amazing game, looking forward to the sequel coming out this year.

Rich Jones
05-15-2016, 04:22 PM
Uhhhh.... In the demo, the other boats are shooting a zillion rounds at the good guy with the gun, but none at the guy hanging over the stern working on the engines. If I were the bad guys, I'd take out the mechanic first, making sure escape is impossible, then take out the guy with he gun.

McMike
05-15-2016, 08:09 PM
*sigh* Rich, are you that guy who yells at the screen during a movie about how this or that can't really happen? It's a game.

Rich Jones
05-15-2016, 09:07 PM
*sigh* Rich, are you that guy who yells at the screen during a movie about how this or that can't really happen? It's a game. That's me!:D:D

Old Dryfoot
05-16-2016, 07:41 PM
I just built a monster of a PC, I haven't touched my xbox one in a long time. If you have steam then you need to try 7 Days to Die, one of the best indie games I've ever played. Also, PM me with your user name and I'll friend you, be fun to start a WBF gaming group.

Oh, look at Star Citizen, your wallet will hate me.

Sorry for the late reply.

I'm a bit of an oddity with gaming. In the last 10 years I've played the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games and a few on tablet. That's it. I've tried a bunch along the way, but none of them seem to catch my interest. I think a big part of it is that Bethesda releases the game creation tools to the public, and that I really like. I've spent as much time making my own content for Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout as I have playing them. The last multiplayer I played would have been Quake, yeah. . . that long ago. I don't even know if I remember my Steam user ID, I think I better check into that. I am thinking about buying ESO, but again, I played the Conan MMO when it came out, and even though it was a really well made game and a lot of fun, it just didn't fizz with me.

Oh. . . and I fly the heck out of X-Plane 10, but that's a simulator, and not a game. ;)

Edit: Steam ID, dukenutron

McMike
05-17-2016, 05:38 AM
Elder Scrolls Online has gotten some very Shakey reviews. If you aren't aware of the WoW formula, it's a guided grind fest. There are some really great games out there if you ever get board, let me know and I'll list a few. Kerbal Space Program is another one you may really enjoy.

I'll send you a friend request.

AndyG
05-17-2016, 05:54 AM
...Kerbal Space Program is another one you may really enjoy.

My Steam account points out I've KSP'd for a mere 1600 hours.

Of course, I can stop at any time I wish to.

Andy

Old Dryfoot
05-17-2016, 08:20 AM
"a mere 1600 hours"

Respect!

. . .and I looked at the darn game. There goes my long weekend.

AndyG
05-17-2016, 09:57 AM
...but that's the joy of a sandbox mode on an open-ended game. There's no 'linear path to a destination' which underlies so many console games. The console games' path make it equal to about a pound per hour. KSP? About a penny per hour. So far. And if I want to expand my self-sufficient colony on Duna then I will!

Andy

Old Dryfoot
05-17-2016, 11:56 AM
I like sandboxes.

Another point for the ES and FO games, they are open world games. ES in particular, a character could play to a high level, and never touch any of the quests or scripted story lines. You have total freedom to do anything within the context of the game.

McMike
05-17-2016, 04:28 PM
My Steam account points out I've KSP'd for a mere 1600 hours.

Of course, I can stop at any time I wish to.

Andy

That's like a part time job!!!!!

McMike
05-17-2016, 04:31 PM
Sorry for the late reply.

I'm a bit of an oddity with gaming. In the last 10 years I've played the Fallout and Elder Scrolls games and a few on tablet. That's it. I've tried a bunch along the way, but none of them seem to catch my interest. I think a big part of it is that Bethesda releases the game creation tools to the public, and that I really like. I've spent as much time making my own content for Oblivion, Skyrim, and Fallout as I have playing them. The last multiplayer I played would have been Quake, yeah. . . that long ago. I don't even know if I remember my Steam user ID, I think I better check into that. I am thinking about buying ESO, but again, I played the Conan MMO when it came out, and even though it was a really well made game and a lot of fun, it just didn't fizz with me.

Oh. . . and I fly the heck out of X-Plane 10, but that's a simulator, and not a game. ;)

Edit: Steam ID, dukenutron

Steam must have deactivated you, your ID is not searchable. Mine is mike203